2020-2021 Mt. Sinai (Icahn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard anything about WL movement here yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Just got an acceptance off the waitlist.

I’ve been in the position where I had to re-apply/not get any acceptances. The journey is long and hard for some of us but just want to urge you to be patient, prioritize your happiness (regardless of any offer), and create a path towards a career you’ll love, no matter what school you attend.

Wish you all the best.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
They sent it this late at night? Lol that's impressive

I’ve been in the position where I had to re-apply/not get any acceptances. The journey is long and hard for some of us but just want to urge you to be patient, prioritize your happiness (regardless of any offer), and create a path towards a career you’ll love, no matter what school you attend.

Wish you all the best.

Members don't see this ad :)

Wish you all the best.
congrats!! if you don't mind me asking, what were your stats?

Wish you all the best.
Yessss!!! That means they are starting!!

Congrats!

Does Sinai have one big release or do they do it in smaller batches?

Reactions: 1 user
Do you think they might go through the people without current acceptances first to maximize yield and hopefully alleviate applicant stress??

Do you think they might go through the people without current acceptances first to maximize yield and hopefully alleviate applicant stress??
Not sure, but they def want to ensure as high yield as possible ... I would assume that an applicant with solids stats/interview performance that match Sinai's average and has no acceptances yet is more desirable than another with a similar composite score and currently is sitting with an A

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know when the first day of school is for this Fall 2021? Just to ease waitlist anticipations lol. I saw online the academic calender says July 1st but when I called admissions they said "sometime in August"

has anyone received updates via the monday and wednesday application status check?

has anyone received updates via the monday and wednesday application status check?
I called last Wednesday and they basically just told me waitlisted applicants could get off at any point under matriculation and that they couldn't tell me anything about my application's status. So wasn't particularly helpful for me but if its different for you please let me know lol

What’s this? Is Sinai reaching out to some WL applicants on Mondays & Wednesdays?
I believe you can call to inquire about your application status only during certain hours on Mondays and Wednesdays (Probably so they dont get constant calls from waitlist applicants). Also for context they haven't reached out to me or anything - I just found out because I called them last week and it happened to be during that window.

I believe you can call to inquire about your application status only during certain hours on Mondays and Wednesdays (Probably so they dont get constant calls from waitlist applicants). Also for context they haven't reached out to me or anything - I just found out because I called them last week and it happened to be during that window.
did they take down your name when you called?

It’s weird if they have this if they give everyone a vague answer

I called and they said it isn’t done. And to make sure we upload any updates onto the portal

Reactions: 3 users
I called and they said it isn’t done. And to make sure we upload any updates onto the portal
Did you ask about your position on the WL or anything like that?

There's 163 members in the FB group, with a 3 person increase from a week ago. Either this school suddenly got super high yield or they're just going thru WL really thoroughly/slowly

Reactions: 1 users
May also be that they are waiting to see how many admitted students will actually CTE. I think Sinai's CTE deadline is approx July 19th (three weeks before orientation, which starts August 9th).

just curious what time in the day did you get the acceptance?
like 8pm or so on the friday. their communication times have been amusing - initial interview request came out on a saturday too

I think it’s been ongoing by the uptick in members in the fb group, but it’s not being reported here
I think that slow uptick could also be already accepted people deciding on schools or current students joining as well.

Class of 2023 (couldn't find 2024) FB group has around 230 members, so I'd wager there are still some spots left for this year, since the 2025 group is around the 170 mark ...

I think that slow uptick could also be already accepted people deciding on schools or current students joining as well.
I agree - it’s likely a combo of this plus some WL movement

Stop giving me false hope 😭

• Haha
Wow just got accepted off the waitlist. This has been my dream school for years!!

Gave up almost all hope last week so hang in there everyone!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users