2021-2022 Mt. Sinai (Icahn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Finally got the axe lol. Best of luck to everyone else!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Finally got my pre-II R at 9:43 am. It was fun while it lasted! See you all in the other threads...

Pre-II R for me! Woke up to the email at 6:30am PST

• Care
Got hit with the Pre-II R too. Did anyone end up getting one of the remaining IIs?

Does anyone know when deferred applicants hear back if we were deferred mid-January? I'm assuming the chances are very slim if you are deferred but I am still holding out hope :/

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When you get rejected but Mt. Sinai won't stop sending you grad program emails...
Glasses Blinking GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
anyone else have Sinai look at their LinkedIn 👀 mad rude after the pre-II R if u ask me lmao

Any ideas when Feb round of decisions could come out? Hanging on to hope after a Jan "still under consideration" email

Are those results referring to applicants who have yet to hear back or also those who were "deferred" in Jan?
Hard to tell. It starts here and continues with some people being newly deferred, some people being deferred after being previously deferred, and some people being accepted after no deferral. I don't see any acceptances after deferrals but I could have missed them.

October interview, deferred in Jan, just go the A!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
JUST GOT THE A TOO!!!! Can't believe it and so grateful 😭😭

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Deferred :( interviewed late jan

• Care
i guess us january deferrals who didn’t hear anything now are a WL? 😕

• Sad
Interviewed Jan and just got deferred -- as I understand it, this isn't a bad thing and just means I have to wait longer for a final decision and it seems that many people are deferred and then accepted? Or am I wrong and should be sad rn? Just surprised by all the sad faces for a deferral.

Anyone catch that line "we will be sending acceptance letters on a regular basis between now and March." Does this mean we could hear at any moment or do you think they are sticking to Fridays?

• Care
Interviewed Jan and just got deferred -- as I understand it, this isn't a bad thing and just means I have to wait longer for a final decision and it seems that many people are deferred and then accepted? Or am I wrong and should be sad rn? Just surprised by all the sad faces for a deferral.

Anyone catch that line "we will be sending acceptance letters on a regular basis between now and March." Does this mean we could hear at any moment or do you think they are sticking to Fridays?
I think it’s not a bad thing necessarily. I said bummed mostly due to this being my by far favorite school I interviewed at. I’m also just feeling some type of way because I’m just so so ready for the cycle to end!!!! It’s sooooo hard to just continue waiting lol.

I’ve seen lots of posts of people getting in after deferrals so I’m hoping for the best for both of us!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I think it’s not a bad thing necessarily. I said bummed mostly due to this being my by far favorite school I interviewed at. I’m also just feeling some type of way because I’m just so so ready for the cycle to end!!!! It’s sooooo hard to just continue waiting lol.

I’ve seen lots of posts of people getting in after deferrals so I’m hoping for the best for both of us!
I’m with you both!!!! I want to keep being hopeful but it’s hard bc of how much we have to wait to know anything about the future. I’m sitting on no As rn and it sure doesn’t feel nice hahaha

• Care

I also saw in previous threads that people have been deferred in Feb and then accepted in March! We gotta keep the faith 🙏

Since our email says we can hear between now and March, do we think that means a final decision (either WL or R) within the next two weeks?

personally i'm quite annoyed with this ""hold""" - I got one of those at NYU and it was just a soft waitlist. I wish they would just be honest with us and tell us we are waitlisted or rejected. I get they need to fill their class but drawing this out and leaving us in limbo is extremely cruel. I'm just effing tired of being dicked around by all of these schools.

Where did you see posts of people getting in after Feb deferrals? I don't see any on last years thread.

Absolutely fair, how long this application process is, is evil. I have never been through a longer year in my life than this year. Sending virtual support <3

Will probably be withdrawing my A so hopefully it goes to one of you deferred applicants! 🤞🏻🤞🏻

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
personally i'm quite annoyed with this ""hold""" - I got one of those at NYU and it was just a soft waitlist. I wish they would just be honest with us and tell us we are waitlisted or rejected. I get they need to fill their class but drawing this out and leaving us in limbo is extremely cruel. I'm just effing tired of being dicked around by all of these schools.

Where did you see posts of people getting in after Feb deferrals? I don't see any on last years thread.
I saw some in the 2019-2020 group!

That was such a different cycle though bc it was pre-covid, these post/intra-covid cycles just hit very different
I don’t know last cycle was pretty wack and delayed because of COVID too. So we really just have no good baseline.