You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Mt. Sinai (Icahn)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
myfingershurt4
Full Member
Cheers to last week of January, can't wait for 2 emails for grad program and neither an II or R
Queen beyon-SLAY
MCAT: 519, GPA: 3.8
I am about to interview and also continue to receive all the promotional emails LOLI interviewed here and I’ve been getting all their emails too!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think we can all agree the grad school promotional emails suck, but they mean absolutely nothing about your med school application to Mount Sinai. If you aren't getting them, you may just not have made it onto that mailing list (which I have been on since I bought MSAR -- long before even applying). You can block these emails as they are distinctly different from the admissions email from ISMMS.
off-topic but i love your username LMAOI am about to interview and also continue to receive all the promotional emails LOL
claudethecat
Full Member
Does anyone know how many more waves of interviews they are sending? ugh thought I rly had a chance since I've been working here for like 2 years now .....
beepbeep197
Full Member
Apparently the last one will be sometime this week!Does anyone know how many more waves of interviews they are sending? ugh thought I rly had a chance since I've been working here for like 2 years now .....
JohnsonBakerSachs
Full Member
I think another wave is coming as well. I can feel it. However, last year and the year before had a few II’s trickle out early February. Keep the faith!Apparently the last one will be sometime this week!
Bruh I didn’t even apply and am getting spammed with those emails
beepbeep197
Full Member
kinda glad nothing is happening today with this school. unless of course, masters programs emails are going out lmao
myfingershurt4
Full Member
Who else is still waiting for II with me here? Thinking today is a good day to get one, hbu? Positive Vibes friends and congrats to who got an A
beepbeep197
Full Member
Who else is still waiting for II with me here? Thinking today is a good day to get one, hbu? Positive Vibes friends and congrats to who got an A
Still waiting and *crickets*
hoping it happens for us today ❤️ this is my dream school basically so I really hope they give us a chance!!!To anyone who is still waiting, could you give this post a “like”? Trying to gauge how many of us still stand (at least on SDN)
myfingershurt4
Full Member
Congrats on your 2 A's!hoping it happens for us today ❤️ this is my dream school basically so I really hope they give us a chance!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
beepbeep197
Full Member
thank you so much!!!Congrats on your 2 A's!
D
deleted1111654
Sinai better have 20+ II lined up for me and my homies😤😤To anyone who is still waiting, could you give this post a “like”? Trying to gauge how many of us still stand (at least on SDN)
beepbeep197
Full Member
Where those IIs at Sinai... maybe on Friday!Sinai better have 20+ II lined up for me and my homies😤😤
candyman1997
Full Member
been working here for 2 years. About to march into the admissions office. wheres my IIWhere those IIs at Sinai... maybe on Friday!
beepbeep197
Full Member
That is valid and I support you 100%been working here for 2 years. About to march into the admissions office. wheres my II
JohnsonBakerSachs
Full Member
For those of us treading water in the II pool and reading this, know that I really am pulling for you. I’m hoping we all get to walk through those doors on the first day in August together. 🙏
scerevisiae
Full Member
This thread is so wholesome rn I’m rootin for everyone ❤️For those of us treading water in the II pool and reading this, know that I really am pulling for you. I’m hoping we all get to walk through those doors on the first day in August together. 🙏
beepbeep197
Full Member
😬😬😬 Everyone waiting for an II... I am holding your hand today. I have over 20 hands. I really freaking hope we get it today!!! Aaaa
JohnsonBakerSachs
Full Member
Has anyone gotten anything?
JohnsonBakerSachs
Full Member
same...I'm am beyond anxious and nervous.Crickets for me
beepbeep197
Full Member
The internet says Jan 31 2021 was a Sunday, so it's weird they sent out IIs on a weekend. But I guess if nobody hears this week, then maybe? It would just be so hot if they invited us all right now.When was the last date last year they send IIs? I looked the other day and seems like Jan 31 is what was reported on SDN. No IIs were reported in February that year or the year before if I recall correctly. So if not today, do we think the final wave is Monday?
JohnsonBakerSachs
Full Member
I think I saw the 2019-2020 cycle have a couple of II's at the beginning of February. Last year they were sending II's throughout the weekend which I agree is quite interesting. Oddly, they sent II's earlier in the morning last year around this time, which tells me they are probably holding out on purpose so we can drive ourselves insane in the meantime lolWhen was the last date last year they send IIs? I looked the other day and seems like Jan 31 is what was reported on SDN. No IIs were reported in February that year or the year before if I recall correctly. So if not today, do we think the final wave is Monday?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
beepbeep197
Full Member
Mt Sinai don't do us dirty like this... playing mind games is so high school of themI think I saw the 2019-2020 cycle have a couple of II's at the beginning of February. Last year they were sending II's throughout the weekend which I agree is quite interesting. Oddly, they sent II's earlier in the morning last year around this time, which tells me they are probably holding out on purpose so we can drive ourselves insane in the meantime lol
Interesting, for the life of me cannot find any IIs sent in Feb. Anyhow it's all academic right now, let's just hope they tell us soon! I wouldn't mind getting a pre-R already so I can get on with my life...I think I saw the 2019-2020 cycle have a couple of II's at the beginning of February. Last year they were sending II's throughout the weekend which I agree is quite interesting. Oddly, they sent II's earlier in the morning last year around this time, which tells me they are probably holding out on purpose so we can drive ourselves insane in the meantime lol
JohnsonBakerSachs
Full Member
I must be confusing schools then? It was weird because I thought I remember it being 1 and I thought that was extremely odd. Nevertheless, I am 100% with you on the "get on with the decision" perspective because I'm sure they understand it eats some of us alive.Interesting, for the life of me cannot find any IIs sent in Feb. Anyhow it's all academic right now, let's just hope they tell us soon! I wouldn't mind getting a pre-R already so I can get on with my life...
myfingershurt4
Full Member
🙃
EspressoMed
New Member
Got an II today! Surprised as I thought most II's were done for the cycle
JohnsonBakerSachs
Full Member
Oh that’s awesome!!!! When did you submit your application if you don’t mind me asking???Got an II today! Surprised as I thought most II's were done for the cycle
EspressoMed
New Member
App was marked complete mid July!Oh that’s awesome!!!! When did you submit your application if you don’t mind me asking???
JohnsonBakerSachs
Full Member
Thank you so much and I’m so happy for you!!!!!App was marked complete mid July!
beepbeep197
Full Member
dang they do send them out on the weekend. looks like we're done here folks ✌🏼 it was real Mount Sinai thread. good luck to everyone!!!
JohnsonBakerSachs
Full Member
That’d be freaking crazydang they do send them out on the weekend. looks like we're done here folks ✌🏼 it was real Mount Sinai thread. good luck to everyone!!!
premed11801
Full Member
When are there scheduling interviews?Got an II today! Surprised as I thought most II's were done for the cycle
I’m also wondering this. I’m probably leaning towards sending the LOI before hearing about the waitlist. It probably can’t hurt. I’d also love to know if other people have thoughts.For those of you who got the vague post-II defer/waitlist decision, when are ya'll considering writing letters of interest. They said in the email they will make decisions about who is on the waitlist in March, so I'm not sure whether to send the LOI now to maximize chances of getting on the waitlist or just save the LOI for the event that I do get on the waitlist. Thoughts?
I sent one already!I’m also wondering this. I’m probably leaning towards sending the LOI before hearing about the waitlist. It probably can’t hurt. I’d also love to know if other people have thoughts.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
inoffensivepersona
Full Member
Are they done with IIs?
JohnsonBakerSachs
Full Member
I’d be really surprised if they were. I think there may be delays due to the crazy storm they had. There’s historically another wave of II’s and pre-II R’s after the mid-January one…unless, this year, that many people killed their interviews. Unless you got an R, you’re still in the running for a II. Don’t give up the ship just yet 👍🏼Are they done with IIs?
inoffensivepersona
Full Member
I saw someone get an II on Saturday so the II wave seemed like an II trickle. Unless all the people who got IIs aren’t on SDN.
I’m happy with all the interviews I’ve got this cycle. California has surprisingly been very good to me. It just would’ve been nice to get some from New York.
I’m happy with all the interviews I’ve got this cycle. California has surprisingly been very good to me. It just would’ve been nice to get some from New York.
inoffensivepersona
Full Member
Yeah. Also despite the storm, Einstein sent As out today.