2020-2021 Mt. Sinai (Icahn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Assuming the FB page is approx the # of offers (90 for first and second wave this year vs. 170 last year for first wave), it seems that they might be more rolling this year than previously to be cautious with matriculation rate I'm guessing.
I also saw that last year during the second wave (feb) they accepted people previously deferred in january. This year they left us deferred folks in the dark during the second wave, so they must REALLY be cautious with matriculation yield this year, especially with covid messing everything up.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm in the same boat- but at my interview it was implied that letters of interest/intent were preferred after you receive a decision. That being said, I would love to know what other people heard/remember from their interview day because it was never directly said to me, just implied
im in same dilemma! I also want to send LOI but from what I got in my interview in February, they explicitly said not to send any interest letters until final decisions. Significant updates they said would be fine though

I really want to send one but just going to save it in case I get waitlisted bc I dont want to piss them off. And I am just going to do a lot of manifesting for a natural A this month instead :)

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
im in same dilemma! I also want to send LOI but from what I got in my interview in February, they explicitly said not to send any interest letters until final decisions. Significant updates they said would be fine though

I really want to send one but just going to save it in case I get waitlisted bc I dont want to piss them off. And I am just going to do a lot of manifesting for a natural A this month instead :)
Wait I thought they said they loved updates?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait I thought they said they loved updates?
in my February interview I believe they said they said significant updates were okay to send but they didn't want letters of continued interest aka "love letters". Hope that helps!

Anyone have any hunches on when the next round of decisions might come out? Especially for people who were deferred previously?

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
i think the end of the month? But at this point im just guessing lol

waitlist notifications come out on march 15 according to MSAR
that being said, maybe we can expect to hear back this Friday about a final round of A's

Based on last year's thread, there was a batch of As and WLs on March 28th last year.

So for those of us who were put on continuing review in Jan, should we expect only R's or WL's by the end of March? It seems like chances of an A are v slim for us :(

So for those of us who were put on continuing review in Jan, should we expect only R's or WL's by the end of March? It seems like chances of an A are v slim for us :(
I think As are certainly possible. Looking at the FB group, there are 113ish people. Sinai has a class of 140 and not all 113 from this group will end up at Sinai

Members don't see this ad :)
Many of these schools have lots of current students in their new admit Facebook groups as well, so I don't think they are a good way to approximate how many people have been admitted. Hang in there, everyone! Sending good vibes.

I got accepted to a top 10 school in my state that I thought I had no chance in, so I withdrew my app earlier this week - hope it helps someone out there! Best of luck to you all <3

Reactions: 9 users
Do we only do the non Fafsa and CSS financial aid stuff if we are accepted? Like it says due March 15, but obviously I don't have a student ID, and there is nowhere to upload tax docs.

Do we only do the non Fafsa and CSS financial aid stuff if we are accepted? Like it says due March 15, but obviously I don't have a student ID, and there is nowhere to upload tax docs.
You also need to fill out the Icahn Institutional application. You’ll get an email from student financial services with your Empower ID which will give you access to the platform to upload your tax docs.

You also need to fill out the Icahn Institutional application. You’ll get an email from student financial services with your Empower ID which will give you access to the platform to upload your tax docs.
But only if we are accepted? If I haven’t heard back I don’t need to do it yet

Is tomorrow the day, or are we looking at March 26th?
I hope the committee meeting goes well today! hehe.....

Is tomorrow the day, or are we looking at March 26th?
I hope the committee meeting goes well today! hehe.....
What makes you think the committee is meeting today?

• Hmm
What makes you think the committee is meeting today?
Unless I'm mixing it up with another school, I think we were told they meet weekly on Thursdays? Memories from my interview experiences have been merging, so I might be wrong...

Unless I'm mixing it up with another school, I think we were told they meet weekly on Thursdays? Memories from my interview experiences have been merging, so I might be wrong...
In terms of march decision dates, it'll be either today or next Friday so 50/50 chance that it's today

Hoping it's today, but with today being match day, i feel like admin has their hands full at the moment ... just speculation tho :)

what time do they normally send out emails

Fingers crossed for everyone! We only have today and next Friday - good luck everyone!

• Care
WL email just now. Interviewed early Jan and was given the "hold" email in February

Did anyone get alternate list? Or is that the same thing?

Yeah, this waitlist game is killing me too ... but is it just me or is the language of the WL email a bit too positive for a WL notification? idk if it's the desperate hope in me speaking, but the tone sounds different from some of my other WL emails from other schools

• Care
3/3 waitlist! Thinking the positive waitlist message was genuine. Pretty confident that the upward trend of application competitiveness coupled with an increased amount of deferrals due to covid AND increased apps resulted in many fantastically qualified candidates crowded out this cycle.
Regardless, pretty tough to swallow and wishing the best of luck to the waitlisted out there.

• Care