You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Mt. Sinai (Icahn)
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
As far as I can tell, only people who interviewed in Jan/Feb heard anything today so far, whether it was a deferral or acceptance? Anyone feel free to correct me if I’m wrong though.Any chance previously deferred acceptances will be sent seperately from recently interviewed acceptances??
The email stated " your application is still being considered for Fall 2021 and this is not a waitlist or deferment"Hey do you think you could share that email here, if you feel comfortable doing so? If not could I take a peek thru dm?
Just that one sentence. They responded pretty quickly too.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1093251
SamesiesI'm in the same boat. Interviewed way back in September, got the deferment email in January, and have heard nothing yet today. Lord only knows what that means for us haha
D
deleted1093251
Was it just that one person who was accepted? 🥲
Sinai really said: "y'all sdn feb interviewees?? trash. except you grey_is, you a homie" but don't listen you're not trash you're beautiful 🙂Was it just that one person who was accepted? 🥲
Same hereI interviewed February and got the hold email today
ducks_are _the best
Full Member
interviewed and got the delay email but nothing yet--- smh and I work here
ducks_are _the best
Full Member
so far.. we have only one A today?
Sinai acting hella susso far.. we have only one A today?
D
deleted1093251
Admissions rates reach record low of 0.1%
ducks_are _the best
Full Member
Wheres the link--Admissions rates reach record low of 0.1%
D
deleted1093251
Lol I was trying to be the Onion sorry for stressWheres the link--
penntosomewhere
New Member
Hi all, long-time lurker. Seeing the discussion surrounding decision release today, I wanted to add that my friend was accepted to Mt. Sinai earlier today. She interviewed in mid-February. Wishing everyone the best with decisions here and elsewhere!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1093251
Pics or it didn’t happen....
MedicalStudent888
Full Member
anyone on hold considering sending in a LOI? not sure if it is worth it or not to wait until the final decision since it seems like it could be any time until early may. would love any insights!
ducks_are _the best
Full Member
soooo... more than likely -- all As have gone out via mass email 🙁Hi all, long-time lurker. Seeing the discussion surrounding decision release today, I wanted to add that my friend was accepted to Mt. Sinai earlier today. She interviewed in mid-February. Wishing everyone the best with decisions here and elsewhere!
DorianDinosaur
Full Member
For Jan/Feb interviews only or for everyone who interviewed (including those who were put on hold in Jan)?soooo... more than likely -- all As have gone out via mass email 🙁
Anyone holding on to the specific wording of this "hold" email and hoping they just haven't gotten to our applications yet? 😅 They told us Jan/feb interviewees that we'd hear back in feb but maybe they just havent completed the full review? (i know i sound v desperate)
Based on how it was described during my interview at least, they have reviewed us completely, we just didn't make the cut for this acceptance date, not that our fate is sealed (def not a WL or even a soft R), we're just not in yet and will be considered for all future dates where acceptances go out. And dw you don't sound desperate at all, it is a lot of semanticsAnyone holding on to the specific wording of this "hold" email and hoping they just haven't gotten to our applications yet? 😅 They told us Jan/feb interviewees that we'd hear back in feb but maybe they just havent completed the full review? (i know i sound v desperate)
SpreadKindness20
Full Member
Yup, that's my understanding as well. Basically a standard rolling admission process.Based on how it was described during my interview at least, they have reviewed us completely, we just didn't make the cut for this acceptance date, not that our fate is sealed (def not a WL or even a soft R), we're just not in yet and will be considered for all future dates where acceptances go out. And dw you don't sound desperate at all, it is a lot of semantics
giveitheremalfoy353
Full Member
Got the acceptance today at 2:12! Interviewed in JanuarySame email, curious if anyone did actually get an acceptance or if they're just telling everyone that it's rolling, much love to any A's!
D
deleted1093251
Any change in status for those who got the email that they’re still under consideration in January or are we Toast?
None for me. Maybe we’ll hear in March or after April 30Any change in status for those who got the email that they’re still under consideration in January or are we Toast?
Nope not yetaccepted folks. did anyone receive the Empower self-service login to upload finaid documents?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1093251
We should probably contact admissions...are we thinking that people on hold from january/ last Friday will hear back on an early march date?
Previous year they did with second wave of A’s, which didn’t seem to happen this year...
MedicalStudent888
Full Member
I remember in my mid-Feb interview, they said in late February we either would get acceptance or a hold. Then if we get the hold, we could then expect final decisions in March. But honestly who knows with this cycleare we thinking that people on hold from january/ last Friday will hear back on an early march date?
applicant1098
New Member
My bet is that it would be late March :/
I think March decisions came out in late March last yearMy bet is that it would be late March :/
Early February interview and got the hold email on the 26th. Wondering if I should send a letter of intent. Sinai is definitely my top choice and I would actually 100% go if I got in. However I already sent two updates, one regarding a new volunteer position at Sinai, the second regarding a publication that was accepted. Not sure if another letter would seem annoying?
other_applicant
New Member
I'm in the same boat- but at my interview it was implied that letters of interest/intent were preferred after you receive a decision. That being said, I would love to know what other people heard/remember from their interview day because it was never directly said to me, just impliedEarly February interview and got the hold email on the 26th. Wondering if I should send a letter of intent. Sinai is definitely my top choice and I would actually 100% go if I got in. However I already sent two updates, one regarding a new volunteer position at Sinai, the second regarding a publication that was accepted. Not sure if another letter would seem annoying?
ducks_are _the best
Full Member
Like March 14 per AAMC guidelines or like end of the month type of feel?I think March decisions came out in late March last year
I think 3/28 tbhLike March 14 per AAMC guidelines or like end of the month type of feel?
What are the aamc guidelines? is there a link tenksLike March 14 per AAMC guidelines or like end of the month type of feel?
D
deleted1093251
I think they must decision everybody by a particular date, but that also includes 'defer'... which is kind of bsWhat are the aamc guidelines? is there a link tenks
Is there any merit in looking at the number of students currently in the Mount Sinai Class of 2025 group to give a sense of how many people they accepted so far? It has around 96 members so far.
Facebook
www.facebook.com
It says "11+ people joined last week" so it seems like it's a real time measure, but then again not everyone who is accepted will join the facebook group.
It says "11+ people joined last week" so it seems like it's a real time measure, but then again not everyone who is accepted will join the facebook group.
In comparison, Class of 2024 page had 216 members: Facebook အဖွဲ့များIs there any merit in looking at the number of students currently in the Mount Sinai Class of 2025 group to give a sense of how many people they accepted so far? It has around 96 members so far.
www.facebook.com
It says "11+ people joined last week" so it seems like it's a real time measure, but then again not everyone who is accepted will join the facebook group.
Sorry for being neurotic 🙁 Sinai is one of my last real chances right now for this cycle
D
deleted1093251
Yeah we have no idea how fast people join the group. There should be 90 students there, taking out the moderators. Their class size is around 145 according to (Facts & Figures | Icahn School of Medicine). Assuming 50% yield, they should probably accept around 290... Not sure about impact by FlexMedIs there any merit in looking at the number of students currently in the Mount Sinai Class of 2025 group to give a sense of how many people they accepted so far? It has around 96 members so far.
www.facebook.com
It says "11+ people joined last week" so it seems like it's a real time measure, but then again not everyone who is accepted will join the facebook group.
D
deleted1093251
Actually there's an informative post from last year's thread,Yeah we have no idea how fast people join the group. There should be 90 students there, taking out the moderators. Their class size is around 145 according to (Facts & Figures | Icahn School of Medicine). Assuming 50% yield, they should probably accept around 290... Not sure about impact by FlexMed
"Congrats to those accepted. We just received the list of acceptances on our end. From what it looks like around 170 regular track seats were offered in this first wave. From what I remember from last year's data, around 300 seats were offered to regular track applicants and ultimately around 94 matriculated (rest of class matriculated through FlexMed for total of 140). So basically that means if you were deferred I am assuming you can still hold out hope for acceptances as there may be another 100 seats left to offer. The caliber of applicants interviewed are very high and as such many will definitely have multiple acceptances and a lot will choose to go elsewhere."
For reference it's on page 14 #661.
Assuming the FB page is approx the # of offers (90 for first and second wave this year vs. 170 last year for first wave), it seems that they might be more rolling this year than previously to be cautious with matriculation rate I'm guessing.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wonder if these 96 include the flex med students
Is there any merit in looking at the number of students currently in the Mount Sinai Class of 2025 group to give a sense of how many people they accepted so far? It has around 96 members so far.
www.facebook.com
It says "11+ people joined last week" so it seems like it's a real time measure, but then again not everyone who is accepted will join the facebook group.
D
deleted1093251
They haven't done interviews yet for FlexMed. I actually applied a few years ago, and I remember it was a later timeline because they do normal pathway first.I wonder if these 96 include the flex med students
FlexMed 2021
some information about interviews this year we estimated about 125 interviews, I'm sure they'll give out the exact number in the future. interviews took place throughout the month of March on Zoom, of course, and lasted about half a day. quick presentation and chance to ask Dr. Parkas a...
I meant flex med students matriculating in 2021. Those interviews are done in sophomore yearThey haven't done interviews yet for FlexMed. I actually applied a few years ago, and I remember it was a later timeline because they do normal pathway first.
![]()
FlexMed 2021
some information about interviews this year we estimated about 125 interviews, I'm sure they'll give out the exact number in the future. interviews took place throughout the month of March on Zoom, of course, and lasted about half a day. quick presentation and chance to ask Dr. Parkas a...forums.studentdoctor.net
D
deleted1093251
oooh sorry my bad! I forgot that they're sophomoresI meant flex med students matriculating in 2021. Those interviews are done in sophomore year
I also saw that last year during the second wave (feb) they accepted people previously deferred in january. This year they left us deferred folks in the dark during the second wave, so they must REALLY be cautious with matriculation yield this year, especially with covid messing everything up.Assuming the FB page is approx the # of offers (90 for first and second wave this year vs. 170 last year for first wave), it seems that they might be more rolling this year than previously to be cautious with matriculation rate I'm guessing.