2020-2021 Mt. Sinai (Icahn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any chance previously deferred acceptances will be sent seperately from recently interviewed acceptances??

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
Any chance previously deferred acceptances will be sent seperately from recently interviewed acceptances??
As far as I can tell, only people who interviewed in Jan/Feb heard anything today so far, whether it was a deferral or acceptance? Anyone feel free to correct me if I’m wrong though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey do you think you could share that email here, if you feel comfortable doing so? If not could I take a peek thru dm?
The email stated " your application is still being considered for Fall 2021 and this is not a waitlist or deferment"

Just that one sentence. They responded pretty quickly too.

Reactions: 1 user
Was it just that one person who was accepted? 🥲

Was it just that one person who was accepted? 🥲
Sinai really said: "y'all sdn feb interviewees?? trash. except you grey_is, you a homie" but don't listen you're not trash you're beautiful :)

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Maybe more will be released in the next hour? Let’s hope so! Ugh

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all, long-time lurker. Seeing the discussion surrounding decision release today, I wanted to add that my friend was accepted to Mt. Sinai earlier today. She interviewed in mid-February. Wishing everyone the best with decisions here and elsewhere!

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
anyone on hold considering sending in a LOI? not sure if it is worth it or not to wait until the final decision since it seems like it could be any time until early may. would love any insights!

Please tell us Sinai I can't wait another month :(

Reactions: 3 users
Hi all, long-time lurker. Seeing the discussion surrounding decision release today, I wanted to add that my friend was accepted to Mt. Sinai earlier today. She interviewed in mid-February. Wishing everyone the best with decisions here and elsewhere!
soooo... more than likely -- all As have gone out via mass email :(

• Sad
Anyone holding on to the specific wording of this "hold" email and hoping they just haven't gotten to our applications yet? 😅 They told us Jan/feb interviewees that we'd hear back in feb but maybe they just havent completed the full review? (i know i sound v desperate)

Anyone holding on to the specific wording of this "hold" email and hoping they just haven't gotten to our applications yet? 😅 They told us Jan/feb interviewees that we'd hear back in feb but maybe they just havent completed the full review? (i know i sound v desperate)
Based on how it was described during my interview at least, they have reviewed us completely, we just didn't make the cut for this acceptance date, not that our fate is sealed (def not a WL or even a soft R), we're just not in yet and will be considered for all future dates where acceptances go out. And dw you don't sound desperate at all, it is a lot of semantics

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Based on how it was described during my interview at least, they have reviewed us completely, we just didn't make the cut for this acceptance date, not that our fate is sealed (def not a WL or even a soft R), we're just not in yet and will be considered for all future dates where acceptances go out. And dw you don't sound desperate at all, it is a lot of semantics
Yup, that's my understanding as well. Basically a standard rolling admission process.

Early Feb interview here and no acceptance or deferral email. Anyone else getting silence from Jan/Feb interviews?

Any change in status for those who got the email that they’re still under consideration in January or are we Toast?

accepted folks. did anyone receive the Empower self-service login to upload finaid documents?

are we thinking that people on hold from january/ last Friday will hear back on an early march date?

are we thinking that people on hold from january/ last Friday will hear back on an early march date?
We should probably contact admissions...
Previous year they did with second wave of A’s, which didn’t seem to happen this year...

I remember in my mid-Feb interview, they said in late February we either would get acceptance or a hold. Then if we get the hold, we could then expect final decisions in March. But honestly who knows with this cycle

Early February interview and got the hold email on the 26th. Wondering if I should send a letter of intent. Sinai is definitely my top choice and I would actually 100% go if I got in. However I already sent two updates, one regarding a new volunteer position at Sinai, the second regarding a publication that was accepted. Not sure if another letter would seem annoying?

Early February interview and got the hold email on the 26th. Wondering if I should send a letter of intent. Sinai is definitely my top choice and I would actually 100% go if I got in. However I already sent two updates, one regarding a new volunteer position at Sinai, the second regarding a publication that was accepted. Not sure if another letter would seem annoying?
I'm in the same boat- but at my interview it was implied that letters of interest/intent were preferred after you receive a decision. That being said, I would love to know what other people heard/remember from their interview day because it was never directly said to me, just implied

Is there any merit in looking at the number of students currently in the Mount Sinai Class of 2025 group to give a sense of how many people they accepted so far? It has around 96 members so far.

It says "11+ people joined last week" so it seems like it's a real time measure, but then again not everyone who is accepted will join the facebook group.

Is there any merit in looking at the number of students currently in the Mount Sinai Class of 2025 group to give a sense of how many people they accepted so far? It has around 96 members so far.

It says "11+ people joined last week" so it seems like it's a real time measure, but then again not everyone who is accepted will join the facebook group.
In comparison, Class of 2024 page had 216 members: Facebook အဖွဲ့များ

Sorry for being neurotic :( Sinai is one of my last real chances right now for this cycle

Yeah we have no idea how fast people join the group. There should be 90 students there, taking out the moderators. Their class size is around 145 according to (Facts & Figures | Icahn School of Medicine). Assuming 50% yield, they should probably accept around 290... Not sure about impact by FlexMed

Yeah we have no idea how fast people join the group. There should be 90 students there, taking out the moderators. Their class size is around 145 according to (Facts & Figures | Icahn School of Medicine). Assuming 50% yield, they should probably accept around 290... Not sure about impact by FlexMed
Actually there's an informative post from last year's thread,

"Congrats to those accepted. We just received the list of acceptances on our end. From what it looks like around 170 regular track seats were offered in this first wave. From what I remember from last year's data, around 300 seats were offered to regular track applicants and ultimately around 94 matriculated (rest of class matriculated through FlexMed for total of 140). So basically that means if you were deferred I am assuming you can still hold out hope for acceptances as there may be another 100 seats left to offer. The caliber of applicants interviewed are very high and as such many will definitely have multiple acceptances and a lot will choose to go elsewhere."

For reference it's on page 14 #661.

Assuming the FB page is approx the # of offers (90 for first and second wave this year vs. 170 last year for first wave), it seems that they might be more rolling this year than previously to be cautious with matriculation rate I'm guessing.

• Care
I wonder if these 96 include the flex med students

I wonder if these 96 include the flex med students
They haven't done interviews yet for FlexMed. I actually applied a few years ago, and I remember it was a later timeline because they do normal pathway first.

They haven't done interviews yet for FlexMed. I actually applied a few years ago, and I remember it was a later timeline because they do normal pathway first.

I meant flex med students matriculating in 2021. Those interviews are done in sophomore year