Cgpa & sgpa 3.05, MCAT 500, international student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zhra662

Reaction score
so I’m an international student, and I finished my undergraduate from US. My cgpa & sgpa are both 3.05. The major dip in my gpa occurred in the junior year there was death of multiple family members including my sister, dad, uncle and my best friend, all within a period of 7 months, moreover I also have a supporting letter from Dean of the College for this. I was able to recover with being on Deans list for both semesters of senior year. I have extensive research experience with 2 publications and multiple international presentations. I have clinical experience too and currently working as an MA. My Extra curriculums are strong too, as well as I volunteer for Red Cross. Do I have any chance for for DO school admissions? I’m retaking my MCAT on sept 4.

Members don't see this ad.

I am so sorry to hear that you had to go through that. I can't imagine how challenging that was. I think that you have a great shot at DO schools as your EC's look great. Retake the MCAT and aim for showing improvement in that score as well. I don't think your GPA will be an issue, especially since you recovered grades in senior year and have a letter of support from the Dean. Good luck on your MCAT!