2019-2020 Florida International

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nvm, I got a response. If anyone was wondering, you have to email [email protected] to get an immediate response, NOT [email protected].

Good luck to everyone attending and those on the waitlist.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know when we’ll see waitlist movement? I know some schools already accepted waitlist students today

Reactions: 1 users
Withdrew from the waitlist yesterday!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my A, I hope it goes to one of y'all!

Reactions: 6 users
Did anyone else receive a tuition-based scholarship letter? If so how much was it? (Feel free to direct message me)

Did anyone else receive a tuition-based scholarship letter? If so how much was it? (Feel free to direct message me)

I didn't receive one, but do you mind me asking when you received yours?

If anyone gets off the WL can u please announce it, this anxiety is absolutely unbearable. :/ idek if they’ve started pulling people yet, looking at other schools and threads everything just seems so delayed and backed up this year (which I guess understandably w everything going on) but uh my mental health is casually crumbling

Reactions: 2 users
If anyone gets off the WL can u please announce it, this anxiety is absolutely unbearable. :/ idek if they’ve started pulling people yet, looking at other schools and threads everything just seems so delayed and backed up this year (which I guess understandably w everything going on) but uh my mental health is casually crumbling
Just withdrew my acceptance today. I hope it gets the list moving and that you get good news soon! Stay strong in this crazy process :)

I’ll be withdrawing mine within the week

Reactions: 4 users
Friend emailed about scholarships and was told that there are none available until “class size decreases and there is turnover in funds that have already been allocated”

So for WL folks, seems as though they’re waiting on class size to decrease until they start movement

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Hey everyone, pretty sure all of us waitlisted received the email about their GCP opportunity. It seems to be the absolute best way to spend my time while applying another cycle. There is absolutely no job out there I would enjoy for another year, it would give me a huge advantage in medical school as I would pretty much be seeing the material twice, etc etc. However, it’s expensive and I’m not a millionaire. The 3.7 Im confident I can hang with, but “exhibiting professionalism performance” seems to leave room for subjectivity. Subjectivity leaves room for getting ruined by this program in terms of time and funds wasted. Also, you need to get a LOR from someone in the program to matriculate into medical school, I wonder how many people don’t. How do they they ensure applying doesn’t affect their decision of taking us off the waitlist. Just wondering how you all feel about the opportunity.

Any GCP alumni in here? I would like to ask questions on this thread so everyone can see the answer to them or join in with their own questions. Not sure if I’ll be able to join the webinar later next week.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone, pretty sure all of us waitlisted received the email about their GCP opportunity. It seems to be the absolute best way to spend my time while applying another cycle. There is absolutely no job out there I would enjoy for another year, it would give me a huge advantage in medical school as I would pretty much be seeing the material twice, etc etc. However, it’s expensive and I’m not a millionaire. The 3.7 I know for a fact I can hang with, but “exhibiting professionalism performance” seems to leave room for subjectivity. Subjectivity leaves room for getting ruined by this program in terms of time and funds wasted. Also, you need to get a LOR from someone in the program to matriculate into medical school, I wonder how many people don’t. How do they they ensure applying doesn’t affect their decision of taking us off the waitlist. Just wondering how you all feel about the opportunity.

Any GCP alumni in here? I would like to ask questions on this thread so everyone can see the answer to them or join in with their own questions. Not sure if I’ll be able to join the webinar later next week.

I have a friend who has a friend in the program. She said that in recent years many people have been granted interviews even though they haven't met the GPA requirement (she herself missed it by a few points and ultimately was accepted to the med school). I'm hesitant to send an application to the program at this point to risk seeming eager and not get accepted this cycle, though I'm sure they'd tell us it has no effect on our waitlist spot. Overall it seems like a great opportunity if you're really interested in eventually matriculating to FIU, but I also agree that there's subjectivity at play that I'm not comfortable with.
I'd also like to mention that my friend who hasn't applied to medical school this year also received an invite to the program, so I don't believe it's a soft rejection for us.

Members don't see this ad :)
With that being said, any news of waitlist movement?

Reactions: 2 users
Do you guys know if there was any movement on last year’s waitlist, based on last year’s thread?

I looked at last year's posts, and it seems like the movement started this week last year. Did anyone hear anything?

Friend emailed about scholarships and was told that there are none available until “class size decreases and there is turnover in funds that have already been allocated”

So for WL folks, seems as though they’re waiting on class size to decrease until they start movement
@ accepted folks: what are the deadlines for commitment to enroll???? So FIU is not following the Amcas deadline then? How would it be the case that they’re still waiting for the class size to decrease?

I looked at last year's posts, and it seems like the movement started this week last year. Did anyone hear anything?
I saw a spreadsheet somewhere as well from last year where people entered when they got off the waitlist and there was movement as soon as May hit so idk of movement is ultra delayed or if there’s just not really gonna be any this year

I saw a spreadsheet somewhere as well from last year where people entered when they got off the waitlist and there was movement as soon as May hit so idk of movement is ultra delayed or if there’s just not really gonna be any this year

damn. This makes it sound like FIU over-accepted by a lot (there’s been ~a dozen people who have withdrawn their acceptance and reported it on sdn alone)

@ accepted folks: what are the deadlines for commitment to enroll???? So FIU is not following the Amcas deadline then? How would it be the case that they’re still waiting for the class size to decrease?

CTE deadline is June 15th

• Sad
Not sure how to “withdraw”. But I just PTE’d somewhere else 2 mins ago, hope it goes to one of my SDNers :)

When you guys paid the seat deposit did it say something on the portal? Or does it just allow you to pay it again?

Accepted off the WL!!!!! LETS GOOOOOOOOOO. MY NUMBER ONE CHOICE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
I sent two. One after the initial decision and a second with the final update to my application.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thank you for letting me know and congratulations !!!!

FFF9D96E-6337-4411-9B0B-C773E80C78F5.jpeg

in case anyone was wondering, I emailed them today and they said this

So grateful to have gotten a call for a 25% tuition scholarship last week!

Reactions: 4 users
how did you guys get these scholarships? What did you do? Is it need based or merit based?
I don’t think they specify, but it could be need, merit, or diversity for any of these tuition-based scholarships

For need/merit they consider all accepted students. You had to apply for the diversity one via the email application they sent after you were accepted

Keep faith, I got off the waitlist at my first choice school so will be withdrawing my spot from FIU. I also had a full tuition scholarship here so there will be money coming someone’s way as well !!! Good luck and don’t lose hope!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users