Dropping out of SMP affiliated with med school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Henryfields12

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am currently in a Masters program thats affiliated with a medical school. I am about one month into the program and have received an acceptance to another medical school. My question is can i drop my current Masters program without the school I was accepted into from finding out? I never mentioned my masters program in my primary or secondary application so the school I was accepted into does not know about it. Also I want to drop out to care for my sick father back home and partially due to financial reasons. The purpose of my masters program was as a backup up, and since I am already in medical school without the help of my SMP I see no point in staying.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just call the accepting school and ask....because yes, they can see you took classes

Even if its not mentioned an
Just call the accepting school and ask....because yes, they can see you took classes
but what would I ask them? I wouldn't want to directly state that I am in a masters program. Should I ask if my acceptance is contingent on anything? And I will be dropping out of my SMP before the drop out deadline. I still don't see how they would find out I was even in a masters program.

Members don't see this ad :)
Even if its not mentioned an

but what would I ask them? I wouldn't want to directly state that I am in a masters program. Should I ask if my acceptance is contingent on anything? And I will be dropping out of my SMP before the drop out deadline. I still don't see how they would find out I was even in a masters program.
Go ahead and hide it if you won't listen, but if you get caught they can throw you out

So what should I say to the medical school I was accepted in?
"Hey, I'm in a masters program that I was using to fill a gap year but my family has some problems that need attending. Is it ok if I withdraw from that."

This isn't hard

Reactions: 1 users