You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
FTF's Worst Idea Yet (Game Over)
Started by Dr. ForgotToFlush
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Thoughts on anything else?I don't think she's using it as a reason to find me sus. I thinks she's a mafia PR hunting
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
You sure are reacting to the tiniest bit of pressure just the same way you do when you're scummingUnyeet paws
Yeet dubz
For assuming anyone knows what all this **** means
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I still don't understand how wolves can't be lovers. Can they just not have some roles that mafia and village can have? I don't like that there are secret rules here that some people know but no one else does.Wolf is short for werewolf. It's why we say WW and not W for game titles.
Wolves and mafia factional kill nightly until all threats to their faction are gone + they meet parity with village.
Scum is a catchall term for anything non-village.
Yeet me, I apparently picked the crappy role anywaysYou sure are reacting to the tiniest bit of pressure just the same way you do when you're scumming
No. You're thinking of siblings. Lovers are essentially negative utility neighbors.I'm also not sure how I was supposed to ask questions I didn't even know to ask
I thought lovers were always the same affiliation. I thought they were like masons who died. Which I guess is wrong, but whatever.
WHAT IS NEGATIVE UTILITYNo. You're thinking of siblings. Lovers are essentially negative utility neighbors.
Why's that?After taking a few notes, I'm currently considering Paws, Chaos, or Alissa
I don't have any plans to switch later, but if Vis or Genny show up and they start howling, I might feel more strongly about them than I do about Paws.You sound village to me, but that last sentence feels like a "wolf out," like a hedge that will allow you to switch later.
An ability that makes it significantly harder to achieve, or actively works against, your wincon.WHAT IS NEGATIVE UTILITY
Would you believe Vis is already here?I don't have any plans to switch later, but if Vis or Genny show up and they start howling, I might feel more strongly about them than I do about Paws.
So "negative utility" is not even a static thing?
Like...are you kidding me?
Like...are you kidding me?
What do you mean by static?So "negative utility" is not even a static thing?
Like...are you kidding me?
I'm interpreting Pippy's declined role as a genuine misunderstanding of what it does, especially given the post below. Doesn't mean she can't be a wolf or mafia but I don't think that alone is a solid reason to read her that way. Is there a reason you feel it's misleading?Nah dude, I was in the lab. You really think if I was trying to build a fake case against you I wouldn't have pulled the posts before I even said anything? Lol
I don't see the sketch you were referring to with paws' reason for her cray quote. Her posts have seemed fine to me. And don't really like what I am currently interpreting as being misleading about the role you declined and how that factored into your conversation with alissa.
Is this an assumption or fact? I don't understand how I'm supposed to have known that based on the description
Because if I could have picked to be a wolf who would automatically take down a villager, then heck yes I would have picked that role.
You said it is based on wincon.What do you mean by static?
If this is a faction game -- which it seems like it is because wolves ≠ mafia -- then "against your wincon" = relative to win condition.
Aka not static.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
you're still on a post #1 naked vote so I hardly think anyone owes you explanationsWhy's that?
but as you always like to say, look at the thread. I have already commented on all 3 of them.
After getting mostly caught-up and thinking on it some, I’m temporarily putting aside my suspicion of alissa. It’s just giving me way too many flashbacks to games she was voted out early for putting her foot in her mouth with day 1 overeager villager abandon. She’s too easy of a misyeet to go for her day 1 again imo.
Honestly, the explanation makes sense to me and I feel like you may be starting to head into an unproductive tunnel.Ok well that explanation seems kinda sketch
I do feel differently, leaning towards v/v. It’s reminding me of apocalypse when I was certain Pippy was twisting people’s words and misrepresenting things to throw sus, and it turns out she was the village protector and we just have very different ideas of what looks suspicious.I really don't know how to feel about the Paws/Pippy interactions. Dubz's impression of Pippy is making it even more confusing. I'm inclined to read Paws/Pippy as v/w or maybe even w/w if different factions... Hmmm. Going with what I feel. Maybe Vis and Genny will show up and I'll feel differently.
Vote Paws
I still don't understand what you mean. Village almost never wins with any scum alive that has a factional kill even in non-faction games.You said it is based on wincon.
If this is a faction game -- which it seems like it is because wolves ≠ mafia -- then "against your wincon" = relative to win condition.
Aka not static.
omg
Catching up nowWould you believe Vis is already here?
Honestly please yeet me because I've never felt dumber in my life
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
It was not just that part in isolation, I also mentioned how I felt about her posts in her conversation with paws. That part is just what she chose to focus on in replying to me.I'm interpreting Pippy's declined role as a genuine misunderstanding of what it does, especially given the post below. Doesn't mean she can't be a wolf or mafia but I don't think that alone is a solid reason to read her that way. Is there a reason you feel it's misleading?
I've seen this reasoning come up a lot and I'm still not a fan of it... Our yeets should be used on people we think are wolfy, and we shouldn't assume that those yeets are going to accidentally flip villagers. I'd be very willing to yeet Chaos if he lasts longer than expected, but for now I'm willing to roll with the role reveal.Plus, I think chaos is begging to get voted by wolves/village. Worst case scenario, we yeet Chaos who is village who is going to die soon anyway. Versus voting a villager who is not going to die soon.
Huh, this is interesting. Bob played with and then talked with us in dead chat about cray for a long time during England.this is interesting to me because when I'm a wolf I will purposely mis-gender a packmate who I haven't played with before to act like I don't know them at all. Now bob has played with cray but he's still new-ish. But just noting this possible deliberate distancing.
I thought no post editing allowed?Because I realized it didn't make sense in my post-nap haze in relation to what we were discussing.
It's not a secret. I can even share them if you're interested.I still don't understand how wolves can't be lovers. Can they just not have some roles that mafia and village can have? I don't like that there are secret rules here that some people know but no one else does.
I forgot momentarily when I woke up.I thought no post editing allowed?
Can you? Because I asked FTF for a role description list and got the same list of roles in the signups that doesn't include descriptions for anything. Just seeing that "mafia wolf compulsive OS seer singer antipsycho vegetable merchant" is a possible role doesn't really help.It's not a secret. I can even share them if you're interested.
Pippy all possible roles are in the 2nd (3rd?) post so you can see which role/affiliation combinations are possibleI still don't understand how wolves can't be lovers. Can they just not have some roles that mafia and village can have? I don't like that there are secret rules here that some people know but no one else does.
So I was supposed to read 140 meaningless roles and keep them all in my head?Pippy all possible roles are in the 2nd (3rd?) post so you can see which role/affiliation combinations are possible
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
vote: Paws
Sorry, I had been reading that in some mafia games, mafia is more akin to how we use wolf/werewolf on this site usually, and wolf or werewolf is a faction that is less like mafia or our typical SDN ww/wolf, and actually has some werewolf abilities like biting/conversion, susceptibility to silver or other special werewolf mythology themed flavor.Wolf is short for werewolf. It's why we say WW and not W for game titles.
Wolves and mafia factional kill nightly until all threats to their faction are gone + they meet parity with village.
Scum is a catchall term for anything non-village.
I am aware that wolf means werewolf on SDN and other games called WW. But I read in multiball, werewolf tends to be different.
Hmm... That's fair. I've not played with Paws before so I don't have her meta handy. Her posts, regardless of what Pippy thinks of them, do kind of feel icky to me though and I feel okay on this vote.I do feel differently, leaning towards v/v. It’s reminding me of apocalypse when I was certain Pippy was twisting people’s words and misrepresenting things to throw sus, and it turns out she was the village protector and we just have very different ideas of what looks suspicious.
Meh. The reasoning doesn't feel all that strong to me.you're still on a post #1 naked vote so I hardly think anyone owes you explanations
but as you always like to say, look at the thread. I have already commented on all 3 of them.
It's okay, I'm almost entirely mentally checked out of the mechanics discussions because I straight up don't understand themHonestly please yeet me because I've never felt dumber in my life
I still don't understand why werewolves can't be lovers, but town/village and mafia can. Is it just one of those just because things?No. You're thinking of siblings. Lovers are essentially negative utility neighbors.
I looked at the vote tally at the 3 I mentioned as top suspects, and then looked at who was on who. That's how I selected my vote on paws.
You couldn't be bothered to check if there was another lover in the list of available roles?So I was supposed to read 140 meaningless roles and keep them all in my head?
Is there a second role that states both lover and werewolfI still don't understand why werewolves can't be lovers, but town/village and mafia can. Is it just one of those just because things?
I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THAT WAS HOW THIS WORKEDYou couldn't be bothered to check if there was another lover in the list of available roles?
I'm not even caring about it. We zoomed into this all to decide what pippy may or may not have had as a better option to a role that may or may not have different features that she may or may not have known. Like I literally don't care at that point. It's a waste of mental energy.It's okay, I'm almost entirely mentally checked out of the mechanics discussions because I straight up don't understand them
List any you don't know and I'll respond as best I can.Can you? Because I asked FTF for a role description list and got the same list of roles in the signups that doesn't include descriptions for anything. Just seeing that "mafia wolf compulsive OS seer singer antipsycho vegetable merchant" is a possible role doesn't really help.
Off the top of my head:
Wolves are unable to be investigated correctly by seers.
Mafia are unable to be investigated correctly by cops.
Millers are unable to be investigated correctly by cops.
Hirsutes are unable to be investigated correctly be seers.
Wolves cannot be lovers.
Mafia cannot be masons.
I dont think that vote sheet is right cuz I see sun voted for me but it's only just pippy. Does anyone have an up to date vote count
How many times do I have to say I am stupid and didn't/don't understand before people stop bringing that up just to rub it in?
All of them. Literally everything that is not "vanilla townie."List any you don't know and I'll respond as best I can.
HOW are people supposed to know this.Off the top of my head:
Wolves are unable to be investigated correctly by seers.
Mafia are unable to be investigated correctly by cops.
Millers are unable to be investigated correctly by cops.
Hirsutes are unable to be investigated correctly be seers.
Wolves cannot be lovers.
Mafia cannot be masons.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
he keeps it up to date when he's home, but told us that he was going out for pizza or something.I dont think that vote sheet is right cuz I see sun voted for me but it's only just pippy. Does anyone have an up to date vote count
Is deadline tonight?
No. No special ability from affiliation alone. The mafia and wolves operate exactly as they would in a two faction game (except they may both be attacking at once now). What you see is what you get. The only abilities that matter are the ones listed in the role list. Don't expect anything to happen outside of those.Sorry, I had been reading that in some mafia games, mafia is more akin to how we use wolf/werewolf on this site usually, and wolf or werewolf is a faction that is less like mafia or our typical SDN ww/wolf, and actually has some werewolf abilities like biting/conversion, susceptibility to silver or other special werewolf mythology themed flavor.
I am aware that wolf means werewolf on SDN and other games called WW. But I read in multiball, werewolf tends to be different.
Okay, give me a second.All of them. Literally everything that is not "vanilla townie."
I don't know what to tell you. Arguing with Lawpy for years in various deadchats about this has it very ingrained in my head.HOW are people supposed to know this.
Yes, 11 EDTIs deadline tonight?