Lake Eerie - Bradenton (LECOM - Bradenton) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My portal says "Your file is in under review by the Admissions Committee post interview. You will be notified by mail of the decision by the Admissions Committee."
Is this the portal change that a decision has been made? Or does this mean i'm still under review?

From what I understand, it doesn't really mean anything specific. Some people's portal has changed and others haven't but that doesn't mean a decision has or hasn't been made. I'm going to call in the morning and see what's up. I'll let you know if I find anything out.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Called and she said there was not a decision made yet and to call back next week

Just got portal change after 1/13 interview at lecomB. Considering calling them but I like torturing myself so im just gonna wait till I get the letter lol

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Decision made aswell. A little hesitant to call for a decision also lol

Yall nuts? I called immediately. Got alt-listed, however. If you're superstitious don't call.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using SDN mobile

So my portal finally changed and...accepted!

Decided to call and just my luck, after being redirected they won't pick up the phone!

Anyone get an interview recently?

Reactions: 1 user
Adcom called me back this morning... Accepted!! First one ever

Reactions: 4 users
Where are the interview invites!?!???!??!?!

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you guys calling to see if you got accepted or to check on your status ? Cause I am STILL under review and it's beginning to really suck lol

Are you guys calling to see if you got accepted or to check on your status ? Cause I am STILL under review and it's beginning to really suck lol
They'll only tell you your status post interview, once the portal says a decision has been made. Other than that they will just say your application is still under review.

Hi all! I have a question for those who will be matriculating and have started on titers/immunizations. I had my titers done 2 weeks ago and found that I wasn't immune to some things so I had to get 2 more immunizations this week. From what I'm gathering from the LECOM instructions, I would need to receive the second steps of both immunizations in 4 weeks from this week? After I receive the second steps, I would need to re-do my titers 6 weeks from then (so 10 weeks from this week). Is my understanding correct regarding the process and timeline for my remaining immunizations and titers?

What is worrying me is that my matriculation packet and everything is due 2/15, but there's no way I'll have everything done by then. The instructions say to send what you have by 2/15 along with expected dates of completion for the remaining titers and immunizations. Is it okay if I send the current results even though some of my titers were negative/not permissible? Will it be okay for me to send in the results of the immunizations and titers I need in 4-6 weeks after the 2/15 deadline as long as I provide notes regarding the expected dates by 2/15?

Any help appreciated! Thanks!!

Hi all! I have a question for those who will be matriculating and have started on titers/immunizations. I had my titers done 2 weeks ago and found that I wasn't immune to some things so I had to get 2 more immunizations this week. From what I'm gathering from the LECOM instructions, I would need to receive the second steps of both immunizations in 4 weeks from this week? After I receive the second steps, I would need to re-do my titers 6 weeks from then (so 10 weeks from this week). Is my understanding correct regarding the process and timeline for my remaining immunizations and titers?

What is worrying me is that my matriculation packet and everything is due 2/15, but there's no way I'll have everything done by then. The instructions say to send what you have by 2/15 along with expected dates of completion for the remaining titers and immunizations. Is it okay if I send the current results even though some of my titers were negative/not permissible? Will it be okay for me to send in the results of the immunizations and titers I need in 4-6 weeks after the 2/15 deadline as long as I provide notes regarding the expected dates by 2/15?

Any help appreciated! Thanks!!

Just email them, they are very understanding!

Those who were invited to interviews, how does the LOR process work?

Yea, I'd really like to know about the letters too. I saw the latest you can send it to them is April, does that include if you ever get an interview?

Those who were invited to interviews, how does the LOR process work?

About a week before the interview, they download them from your AACOMAS and you will see them appear on a pre-interview checklist on your admission portal if they meet the criteria .

Giving up my seat here, got an acceptance at an IS school. Best of luck to yall!!

Does anyone know whether they are giving out interview invites?

Current 1st year, I have a MAC, and never had a problem, I think window computers have more problems than MAC on test days!

Oh, no way. I definitely prefer Mac and am glad to know mine will work on test days. The computer requirements made it seem like that was a no go. Thanks!

Is anyone else irritated by the misspelling of Lake Erie in this forum? Lol

I'll be withdrawing my acceptance here later today, good luck guys :)

Still no change. Waiting on review

Could it really be until May is we know if we're officially rejected? It looks like from their site they still interview until May 10? That's crazy!

Did anyone's portal change? from the interview February 3?

Who from here has been waitlisted? Has there been movement on that list?

Hey guys I had a couple of questions..
Anyone know what the post interview acceptance rate is and if the waitlist is for pre/post II or both?
How much is the tuition deposit?

Thanks!
Edit: apologies in advance if this has already been asked/answered..

Hey guys I had a couple of questions..
Anyone know what the post interview acceptance rate is and if the waitlist is for pre/post II or both?
How much is the tuition deposit?

Thanks!
Edit: apologies in advance if this has already been asked/answered..

At my interview, they said about 30% get accepted post interview. Tuition deposit was $1500 within 2 weeks and another $500 in April. Accepted in January so might change deadlines as cycle progresses

Hey everyone, I'm an OMS1 at LECOM Bradenton - I'm happy to help answer any questions you guys might have about the school, PBL, the area, etc. I came from the post bacc in Erie, so I wasn't interviewed here - thus I won't be much help in answer questions about essays & interviewing in Bradenton unfortunately.
PM or responding to the post is fine!

Best of luck to you all!

Hey everyone, I'm an OMS1 at LECOM Bradenton - I'm happy to help answer any questions you guys might have about the school, PBL, the area, etc. I came from the post bacc in Erie, so I wasn't interviewed here - thus I won't be much help in answer questions about essays & interviewing in Bradenton unfortunately.
PM or responding to the post is fine!

Best of luck to you all!
Hey, I appreciate you doing this! My questions for you are...
1) What are the requirements to get into LECOM from the post-bacc?

2) How do you go about getting into the Bradenton campus while attending/interviewing Erie?

3) How many of the students from the post bacc (who are offered an interview) end up getting offered an acceptance. I'm not looking for an exact number but rather what you observed during your time in the post bacc.

Thanks!!

Sarasota resident so hoping to get shown some love, 3.85 science GPA, and 502 MCAT which is pretty low so I'm hoping it doesn't hold me back much. I've got a lot of friends in the pharmacy program and a couple in the DO here. Definitely my top school!

Sarasota resident so hoping to get shown some love, 3.85 science GPA, and 502 MCAT which is pretty low so I'm hoping it doesn't hold me back much. I've got a lot of friends in the pharmacy program and a couple in the DO here. Definitely my top school!

I got accepted with 502 so no worries

Edit: I actually also submitted the Academic Index Score on secondary app with an ACT of 33, so they may have used that.

Last edited:
Giving up seat here! Good luck to everyone on waitlist!

I thought my interview Friday went well and I absolutely loved the school and PBL so here's to hoping I get in!

Anyone else from the 2/10 interview have a portal change?

Anyone else from the 2/10 interview have a portal change?
Yes, got one that says a decision has been made. Will be calling in tomorrow morning to find out!

Hello Everyone!

I just learned of my acceptance Saturday via mail!!

To confirm with anyone else who has been accepted, do you start to get the forms to fill out after you mail in the deposit?

Side note: don't freakout if the portal status changes to "The committee has made a decision and you will receive a letter..." I thought for sure that meant I was rejected or waitlisted. It does not necessarily mean that.

Hello Everyone!

To confirm with anyone else who has been accepted, do you start to get the forms to fill out after you mail in the deposit?

Side note: don't freakout if the portal status changes to "The committee has made a decision and you will receive a letter..." I thought for sure that meant I was rejected or waitlisted. It does not necessarily mean that.
I got mine by email after they received the $1500 deposit.

Hey guys, dumb question...I do I know if my secondary is completed or not...? I paid the money last week and each time I log in it always says my secondary is progress...? I even got the email confirming my payment. I also completed LECOM - Eerie app at the same time and received a completion email and text afterwards...but nothing with LECOM - B

P.S. I know I'm really late to the game, please don't judge :whistle:

Last edited:
Hello Everyone!

congrats - What is your stats? IS or OOS?