Lake Erie - Bradenton (LECOM - Bradenton) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The director emailed me, I think I was an exception due to my situation.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone that interviewed on Dec 2 or later received a portal change? If so, when?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed 12/2 and mine still says "Your file is in under review by the Admissions Committee post interview. You will be notified by mail of the decision by the Admissions Committee." Anyone else?

I interviewed 12/2 and mine still says "Your file is in under review by the Admissions Committee post interview. You will be notified by mail of the decision by the Admissions Committee." Anyone else?

Yes that is what mine says too.

Has anyone that interviewed on Dec 2 or later received a portal change? If so, when?

Yeah I interviewed Dec 2nd, I got the portal change saying a decision has been made around 8pm last night and called to find out that I didn't get offered a seat. Well, good luck to all the fine people going here next year!

Is there a certain time frame to be aware about for LECOM-B from the time you are complete. For example let's say I was complete in October with my app, and haven't heard anything for two months. So basically I won't have a chance here?

Is there a certain time frame to be aware about for LECOM-B from the time you are complete. For example let's say I was complete in October with my app, and haven't heard anything for two months. So basically I won't have a chance here?
I wouldn't say that, be patient. I was done about the same time and yesterday I received an e-mail saying they were gonna hold my application for 60 days. It's not the best of news but at least they are looking at applications from the same time we applied.

I was complete on Sept 29th and just got a text today saying that LECOM-B has started the review process.

Anyone know how long it usually takes to get an II after that text?

I was complete on Sept 29th and just got a text today saying that LECOM-B has started the review process.

Anyone know how long it usually takes to get an II after that text?

My time line

Primary sent: August 3rd (verified)
Secondary Received: August 12th
Secondary sent: August 13th
Secondary Processed: September 18th, got this email along the lines "The Office of Admissions at LECOM Bradenton has processed your supplemental application and the review process of your file has begun."
Interview Invite: September 22nd, scheduled for October 23rd
Acceptance received: October 27th via the phone

Just got an II! I'll be interviewing on 1/25.

I submitted secondary on 10/12. LizzyM=63, significant upward trend

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an II! I'll be interviewing on 1/25.

I submitted secondary on 10/12. LizzyM=63, significant upward trend
Congrats! I submitted mine on the 10/13 (LizzyM=63) so I am eagerly waiting to hear from them! Fingers crossed :D

I got on the alternate list and at the interview they said to send a letter of interest...I dont exactly have grade updates as I've been out of school for 4 years, but what should go into this letter and when should it be sent by?

I got on the alternate list and at the interview they said to send a letter of interest...I dont exactly have grade updates as I've been out of school for 4 years, but what should go into this letter and when should it be sent by?

From what I've seen, you could talk about how much you liked the school, and why you would be a good fit. As far as the time frame, I feel the general theme of the med school application process is the sooner the better.

Is lecom-b almost full? I read on another threat that LECOM's were almost full. Isnt it too early?

Is lecom-b almost full? I read on another threat that LECOM's were almost full. Isnt it too early?

On the Dec 2nd interview Ron Shively told us that they were about halfway through the 800 applicants they usually interview each year

Last edited:
Sent in my deposit yesterday, it is feeling official :soexcited:

NICE My deposit is sent as well!! Im so pumped to start medical school next year! It was tough decision but I am glad I chose LECOM-B too

Reactions: 2 users
Officially decided I will be attending LECOM-B next year. Very hard decision but I have decided this school is best for me. In love with PBL, the impressive board scores and match rates, the location, and the fact that it is 2 hrs away from Orlando (home). Despite the fact it may be a hit or miss with rotations and the possibility of having to set up some rotations on our own, I have faith that this school will get us to where we want to be. And the no food and water in classrooms rule is just a silly rule any med student (Future DOcter!!!) can live with. See you next year c/o 2020..super stoked :love::claps:

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Officially decided I will be attending LECOM-B next year. Very hard decision but I have decided this school is best for me. In love with PBL, the impressive board scores and match rates, the location, and the fact that it is 2 hrs away from Orlando (home). Despite the fact it may be a hit or miss with rotations and the possibility of having to set up some rotations on our own, I have faith that this school will get us to where we want to be. And the no food and water in classrooms rule is just a silly rule any med student can live with. See you next year c/o 2020..super stoked :love::claps:

Yes Im glad you decided on it, we had the same decision between CUSOM and LECOM-B, and I too chose this school for the very same reasons as you! See you next year and Congrats on making the decision (hardest I ever made)!!

Reactions: 1 users
Just withdrew my acceptance, it was difficult. I hope my seat goes to one of the deserving hopefuls out there!!! Congrats to LECOM's Class of 2020!

@Dr.MantisToboggan Do you remember what Mr. Shively said at the end of our interview day? I think he said something along the lines of if we haven't heard about a WL/rejection by the 15th, it's safe to assume we're accepted, but I don't remember exactly. I'm trying so hard not to get my hopes up lol.

Anyone know if LECOM includes any study material for the COMLEX in the tuition?

@Dr.MantisToboggan Do you remember what Mr. Shively said at the end of our interview day? I think he said something along the lines of if we haven't heard about a WL/rejection by the 15th, it's safe to assume we're accepted, but I don't remember exactly. I'm trying so hard not to get my hopes up lol.

I do remember Mr. Shively saying that if we did not hear about a waitlist/rejection by a certain point, that things look pretty positive. I wasn't sure if that date was last Tuesday, or today. I was under the assumption that we would have found out a decision today. Hopefully we find out soon!

Accepted Finally!!!! Check your portals guys!!! Best Birthday Present I have ever gotten!!! :)

Reactions: 4 users
How do you know if you are accepted or rejected? Mine just says.."A decision has been made"...bit vague.

How do you know if you are accepted or rejected? Mine just says.."A decision has been made"...bit vague.
It says that on everyone's portal regardless of acceptance or rejectance. Admissions notes in the interview you can call to see what your official status is once your portal changes to that. Or you can wait for the letter to come in the mail if that's more exciting for you! Im an IS student and letter took 2 days to get to my place.

Looks like I'll be calling in the AM! If accepted, do we receive any sort of correspondence regarding deposits?

Looks like I'll be calling in the AM! If accepted, do we receive any sort of correspondence regarding deposits?
With your acceptance letter comes a matriculation agreement that tells you how to pay the deposit

Accepted!! Interviewed Dec. 11th, emailed for my decision. LizzyM = ~67-68

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone else call bradenton only to receive a rude response? Somebody really hates their job...took a lot of the fun out of my acceptance...but I digress. Congrats folks!

Did anyone else call bradenton only to receive a rude response? Somebody really hates their job...took a lot of the fun out of my acceptance...but I digress. Congrats folks!

Really, a rude response? That's a bummer. I too called and they were very pleasant. Well, regardless, congratulations on your acceptance!

Yeah..was a bit odd. Oh well...still nice knowing I have somewhere to go next fall! haha