LECOM Application Process (DMD)

TheRoni

Dental school attendee
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have submitted the Supplemental Application for LECOM a week ago but still cannot see the status of my application. My credit card also has yet to be charged. Anyone else got past this point? I am worried because the LECOM website says to finish the Supplemental Application as fast as possible and when I checked the status of my Supplemental Application it looked blank. Where is everyone else at with LECOM?

I know that since it is a new dental school there will be bumps in the road. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I had this issue too. I think that there is literally only one person processing all of the applications. We just have to be patient and see what happens. Let me know if/when you hear something! :)

It's funny.... I emailed them an hour asking them about the same thing... then I found your post! :p I'm making a good guess that we just have to be patient :) I'll let you all know if they respond back :)

Members don't see this ad :)
It looks like the site has updated some.

Once you log into the LECOM portal, click the "admissions" tab. Then click the letters on the left side of the screen "Admissions Status". Then click "View Admissions Status" and that shows " We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made." That is comforting. Nothing shows up still when I click "Your Admission Status" but, at least I know for sure they have my supp app now. :)

Yep, they emailed me back saying that it will take some time to update. They are still processing applications :)

It looks like the site has updated some.

Once you log into the LECOM portal, click the "admissions" tab. Then click the letters on the left side of the screen "Admissions Status". Then click "View Admissions Status" and that shows " We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made." That is comforting. Nothing shows up still when I click "Your Admission Status" but, at least I know for sure they have my supp app now. :)

For those who have their status updated, when did you guys submit your application fee/supplemental app?

I finished the app and paid last tues or or weds but my status says:

" If you have not submitted your supplemental application, click the link on the left to do so. If you have, this message will update once we have processed it. Do not submit another application."

Did they send the invite for the supplemental via email?

Did they send the invite for the supplemental via email?

Yup! It was through email :) They said they keep in contact with applicants through email.

For those who have their status updated, when did you guys submit your application fee/supplemental app?

I finished the app and paid last tues or or weds but my status says:

" If you have not submitted your supplemental application, click the link on the left to do so. If you have, this message will update once we have processed it. Do not submit another application."

I submitted mine supplementary on 6/29. But my status is still the same as yours. Today, I tried to log into the portal again, but my account is no longer working. Did that happen to anyone else too? I contacted them and they said to wait a few days to login because it might be a glitch in the system.

Just updating :) Well, they fixed my account, but now they are asking me for MCAT SCORES... lol... anyone else having problems also?

Yesterday they emailed me stating that my application was on hold because aadsas didn't have my DAT scores. I called them and she said I received the wrong email and I should have received one that said my app was going to first review. She was very helpful and cleared everything up while I was on the phone. Maybe just call there because she will fix the error within minutes so your app can go to the adcom for review. Hope this helps.

When did you submit your secondary?

Yesterday they emailed me stating that my application was on hold because aadsas didn't have my DAT scores. I called them and she said I received the wrong email and I should have received one that said my app was going to first review. She was very helpful and cleared everything up while I was on the phone. Maybe just call there because she will fix the error within minutes so your app can go to the adcom for review. Hope this helps.

Thanks! :) Yea, I just emailed them again. And they said they accidentally created TWO accounts for me... so that is why my secondary application hasn't been processed and will be delayed :thumbdown: They just merged the two accounts together. Hopefully all goes well and they will get my things done soon :)

My app was mailed out 6/27 and LECOM notified me that they received my app from aadsas on the 6/30 and I submitted the secondary the same day. They updated the portal on 7/11 stating that all my stuff was complete and ready for review. She also said they will start sending interview invites within the next 2-3 weeks. I am hoping to score one of the those. Haven't received any invites yet so I'm nervous. I know it's still early but man is it nerve-racking.

Members don't see this ad :)
My app was mailed out 6/27 and LECOM notified me that they received my app from aadsas on the 6/30 and I submitted the secondary the same day. They updated the portal on 7/11 stating that all my stuff was complete and ready for review. She also said they will start sending interview invites within the next 2-3 weeks. I am hoping to score one of the those. Haven't received any invites yet so I'm nervous. I know it's still early but man is it nerve-racking.

I submitted my aadsas app the same day as you, but haven't received an email invite yet! Could it be because one of my LORs hasn't uploaded their letter yet? Hmm. :l

Does anyone have yet in the "required letters and credits" then "view folder items" yet?

Under required letters and credits I have all my pre-reqs, letters and dat score listed with a check mark next to each of them. Under admission status I have this message---**
Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for futher review. Your will be notified as soon as a decision has been made.

I submitted my aadsas app the same day as you, but haven't received an email invite yet! Could it be because one of my LORs hasn't uploaded their letter yet? Hmm. :l

Definitely contact them about this if you haven't received a secondary application yet :) They are pretty helpful.

Just letting you all know.... I just spoke with LECOM, and they said they will be giving out interview invitations starting in August :)

Just out of curiousity, what was the time period between the point at which you sent the supplemental and when the status acknowledged that the supplemental was recieved?

Thanks.

Just out of curiousity, what was the time period between the point at which you sent the supplemental and when the status acknowledged that the supplemental was recieved?

Thanks.

I filled out the supplemental on 29Jun and received an verification email on that day. On 08Jul, the "Admissions Status" section was updated for me. It just updated "Required Letters and Credits - View Folder Items" section for me yesterday 14Jul. For some people it has been a little faster. Hope it helps. Good luck!

When I log into the portal I do not have a blue "Applicant DMD - Bradenton" link on the left side of the page. The following links are shown: "Postbac Inquiry", "MS in Biomedical Sciences Inquiry", "MS in Medical Education Inquiry", and "Schedules".

Has anyone else trouble finding the link or do you think they may have screwed mine up?

Any feedback would be great.

When I log into the portal I do not have a blue "Applicant DMD - Bradenton" link on the left side of the page. The following links are shown: "Postbac Inquiry", "MS in Biomedical Sciences Inquiry", "MS in Medical Education Inquiry", and "Schedules".

Has anyone else trouble finding the link or do you think they may have screwed mine up?

Any feedback would be great.

Click on the Admissions tab on top left corner then you should see the Bradenton DMD link in the middle left of the page.

Hi guys--I just updated my list of dental schools I applied to, so that it would include Lecom. ( a bit late in the game maybe?). But Im just wrapping my head around very all the supplemental's I have to do....is Lecom's very tedious/long (i.e. Minnesota)?
I've been emailing them, but the response is quite slow...so, Anyone know if they accept the Cdn DAT? I've written the american one...but scored better on the Canadian one..Thanks for your help :)

Hi guys--I just updated my list of dental schools I applied to, so that it would include Lecom. ( a bit late in the game maybe?). But Im just wrapping my head around very all the supplemental's I have to do....is Lecom's very tedious/long (i.e. Minnesota)?
I've been emailing them, but the response is quite slow...so, Anyone know if they accept the Cdn DAT? I've written the american one...but scored better on the Canadian one..Thanks for your help :)

LECOM supplementary is nice and short :) Not sure about your the DAT question though. I would call the school directly and ask :)

The supplemental application is super short. It has a yes/no question regarding criminal background. If yes then explain....there is also a question regarding LOR and waiving your right to access to references. So two quick questions and then pay the $50 fee and thats about it. It took a little over a week from the time they received my supplemental application for them to update the required letters section. Like Nguyen said....they said that will start sending out interview invites in the next 2-3 weeks.:xf:

Does LECOM require DAT scores for you to fill out a secondary application?

Did anybody send their DAT scores directly to LECOM via ADA?

I didn't send an official DAT score report. They said the DAT score report on AADSAS is fine.

Thanks for the info guys! I've submitted...haven't heard back in terms of a secondary, just confirmation of receiving my app. Sigh...the delay!

For those that contacted the school....

What is the email/phone number for the dental school? I searched the website and I can't seem to find it. Thanks in advance.

For those that contacted the school....

What is the email/phone number for the dental school? I searched the website and I can't seem to find it. Thanks in advance.

I had to contact them a few weeks back because there was a mix-up with my app and they said they didn't receive my DAT score so I had to call and sort it out. I used the (941)756-0690 number and she asked what program I was applying to and then redirected me to the dental admission department. They were pretty helpful so definitely call if you have any questions.

I doubt it. My committee hasn't submitted their letter to AADSAS yet, but I still got the supplemental application/fee email. They are probably just swamped.

I recieved an email from LECOM today stating:

The Admissions Committee has reviewed your file and a decision has not yet been made. Your file is currently on hold and will be reviewed again when DAT scores have been received by AADSAS.

I told them i am retaking my DAT in August so they are waiting for the scores.

I recieved an email from LECOM today stating:

The Admissions Committee has reviewed your file and a decision has not yet been made. Your file is currently on hold and will be reviewed again when DAT scores have been received by AADSAS.

I told them i am retaking my DAT in August so they are waiting for the scores.

Yeah same.
They said anyone who has indicated a retake, or doesnt meet their requirements (16's across the board i think), automatically gets put into this 'pile'.

I received a strange e-mail from LECOM saying "After careful review, the Committee has decided not to pursue further consideration of your candidacy for admission.". The e-mail subject was regarding my apparent "AACOMAS application", which I never submitted. I did not even know that this was the osteopathic med application until I looked it up.

Anyone else get this? I plan on calling tomo.

Just to let everyone know, LECOM's dental school is located in Bradenton, Florida, not in Erie.

I received a strange e-mail from LECOM saying "After careful review, the Committee has decided not to pursue further consideration of your candidacy for admission.". The e-mail subject was regarding my apparent "AACOMAS application", which I never submitted. I did not even know that this was the osteopathic med application until I looked it up.

That doesn't look good. Someone else said they were asked to send their MCAT scores. I'm sure it's an error - they've been making a lot of those (Forgive them, they are still new). Don't worry too much, just give them a call.

I just received the same email from LECOM...have you called them to ask about this email?

I just received the same email from LECOM...have you called them to ask about this email?
Just called and learned that they don't accept international students, so this is the reason why you may no longer be qualified. Unfortunately, they don't put it on their website. Which I think sucks because I could have saved $75 and applied elsewhere.

Just called and learned that they don't accept international students, so this is the reason why you may no longer be qualified. Unfortunately, they don't put it on their website. Which I think sucks because I could have saved $75 and applied elsewhere.

Actually it says this right on the website under the page with the pre-requisites. "The LECOM School of Dental Medicine only accepts applicants who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents."

My LOR just got submitted on AADSAS. Does anyone know how long it takes for them to update it on their portal?

Got my answer to this. the portal on LECOM automatically updated my letter 2 days later.

Last edited:
Under the portal for LECOM it says that I have not taken biochemistry or it is not planned. I plan on taking it next year spring semester. How do we tell them we are planning on taking it? Just call or email them?

Under the portal for LECOM it says that I have not taken biochemistry or it is not planned. I plan on taking it next year spring semester. How do we tell them we are planning on taking it? Just call or email them?

I would just call and notify them. I am finishing up orgo lab this summer and they said to just send them a transcript when I receive my grade for the course.

Am I supposed to receive another email stating that my application is complete and will be sent for review? The last email I got was an email stating that my secondary application was processed.

Am I supposed to receive another email stating that my application is complete and will be sent for review? The last email I got was an email stating that my secondary application was processed.

The last email I received before the interview offer stated that they processed my supplemental application. I would call monday and ask about your application...they are extremely helpful and can answer whatever questions you have about your application/app process. You had your stuff in pretty early so Im sure you will hear something anytime now.

The last email I received before the interview offer stated that they processed my supplemental application. I would call monday and ask about your application...they are extremely helpful and can answer whatever questions you have about your application/app process. You had your stuff in pretty early so Im sure you will hear something anytime now.

Hockeytown,

Indiana already made their decision?
what is ur aadsas mail date? Did you call them and ask why they reject you ? your stats look good.

Hockeytown,

Indiana already made their decision?
what is ur aadsas mail date? Did you call them and ask why they reject you ? your stats look good.

wizi,

My mail date was 6/27. They rejected me a few days after requesting the supplemental fee. I was actually in the process of sending the payment so I am glad I didnt. I was gonna call this week to ask. The email said "with a pool of over 1600 applicants, we find it quite challenging to select whom we should invite for our 300 interview appointments." I thought I would have an alright shot at an interview but I guess not. :thumbdown:

wizi,

My mail date was 6/27. They rejected me a few days after requesting the supplemental fee. I was actually in the process of sending the payment so I am glad I didnt. I was gonna call this week to ask. The email said "with a pool of over 1600 applicants, we find it quite challenging to select whom we should invite for our 300 interview appointments." I thought I would have an alright shot at an interview but I guess not. :thumbdown:

Thanks for the info and I am sorry to hear that.

Ill keep this in mind and wait for a few days before sending my check.

Does anyone know how many interview invites they are sending out? Im assuming they would interview quite a few people being a new school in all. Any ideas?

It says above 300 interviews. And the class size is 100. Your chances are pretty good, relatively.