Forum Members *~*~*~*~Official Pre-Allo Social Thread~*~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

1) the comic said he was going to use ellipse function to find the perimeter, which is not easily integrable and requires willis' formula and some other things

2) most approximations of the perimeter of an ellipse are not great, and you certainly wouldn't be able to say 8.6 with that level of certainty

Oh but thanks for assuming I didn't know there were approximations. ;)

Members don't see this ad.

@JoaoMoutinho @libertyyne @freak7 @Matthew9Thirtyfive dual bump!

20140820.png

---

20120221.gif

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You guys, is there no SDN app for the new iPhone ( I just upgraded, I had the last one for four years).
Does the SDN iphone app not work on iOS 11 or something? I'm confused ._.
Also, now that the semester has started my anxiety has effed me up. My stomach is bothering me most of the time, making eating/working out almost impossible ( if I start to run it makes the nausea worse).
UUUGHGHHHHh please go awayyyyyy. I haven't worked out since Sunday. ( Last Sunday)

You guys, is there no SDN app for the new iPhone ( I just upgraded, I had the last one for four years).
Also, now that the semester has started my anxiety has effed me up. My stomach is bothering me most of the time, making eating/working out almost impossible ( if I start to run it makes the nausea worse).
UUUGHGHHHHh please go awayyyyyy. I haven't worked out since Sunday. ( Last Sunday)

Pretty sure the app is just unavailable now. Also if your anxiety is that bad, perhaps you should see someone to get it under control before it affects your life more than it is (and grades too).

Reactions: 3 users
The app stopped working for me on Android as well, so I think that Matthew9ThirtyFive is correct in assuming that it just doesn't work anymore.

Also have you tried swimming or cycling? Cycling is my go-to when I'm not up for a run. You could even use an exercise bike if you needed to. I'll leave swimming up because it is great for working out, but I realized that it might not be the best on an upset stomach...

Members don't see this ad :)
Pretty sure the app is just unavailable now. Also if your anxiety is that bad, perhaps you should see someone to get it under control before it affects your life more than it is (and grades too).
Yeah, this is just a random flare up. I have meds and everything. Im actually feeling much better today, hoping it stays that way.

The app stopped working for me on Android as well, so I think that Matthew9ThirtyFive is correct in assuming that it just doesn't work anymore.

Also have you tried swimming or cycling? Cycling is my go-to when I'm not up for a run. You could even use an exercise bike if you needed to. I'll leave swimming up because it is great for working out, but I realized that it might not be the best on an upset stomach...
Yeah , I've been doing resistance workouts on the elliptical, my go to for stomach problems/ knee pain ( I get a little knee pain if I run on hills too much).
I actually managed to do a workout yesterday, but I took a little easy to avoid a nausea wave. I also ate and took my meds, too :D

I didn't mean to be so dramatic, but I didn't wanna worry my parents/IRL friends, so I thought I'd vent here, where people seem to understand.
On the plus side, I've been volunteering at a hospice right near my campus lately ( I literally just drive over right after class, it's like ten mins.)The people there are super nice, and I like the residents. ( I think old people are cute , in a way). I get plenty of " Are you a nun?" comments b/c of my hijaab ( and the ones I wear there, usually, are white so it just adds to me looking like a nun).

Reactions: 2 users
4 weeks into the semester and I'm really realizing that being a senior year biochem major is NOT for the weak. Having a lab class 10 hours a week is not my idea of a good time, hahaha.

Reactions: 4 users
4 weeks into the semester and I'm really realizing that being a senior year biochem major is NOT for the weak. Having a lab class 10 hours a week is not my idea of a good time, hahaha.
I’ve heard majoring in biochem is just awful lol props to you though!

Reactions: 1 user
I’ve heard majoring in biochem is just awful lol props to you though!
Yeah, it's a rough major at times. So many classes. I look back on my past three years and I'm a little bit in awe that I came this far, lol. At my school our department is kind of disorganized which only adds extra stress. Also PChem was the wildest ride of my life and I honestly remember NOTHING from it hahaha.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah, it's a rough major at times. So many classes. I look back on my past three years and I'm a little bit in awe that I came this far, lol. At my school our department is kind of disorganized which only adds extra stress. Also PChem was the wildest ride of my life and I honestly remember NOTHING from it hahaha.
One of my buds is a chem major and I see some of their stuff from Pchem and it gives me anxiety just looking at it haha. I definitely have huge respect for biochem/chem majors for the stuff they have to go through

Update: ochem, physics, anatomy, and biostats is NOT a fun way to end junior year. Do not recommend!

You guys. I have a stem cell test tomorrow morning and a Orgo test thursday evening and a global health response paper due Thursday.
I started studying for stem cell last Tuesday but still feel like I'm cramming, this is my first 4000 level class.
I barely started studying for orgo yet, I hate when I have two tests at the same time and feel like I'm compromising.
At least Orgo has a drop but stem cell doesn't and our grade is literally 3 tests and a final,nothing else.
I'm studying all the lectures, taking notes from the power points and studying the images/diagrams, but somehow I'm afraid that's not gonna be enough IDK why? I'm just such stress I mean if I bomb this , since there's no drop, it'll seriously F me up.

And my head really hurts ._. That's just adding to my stress.

You guys. I have a stem cell test tomorrow morning and a Orgo test thursday evening and a global health response paper due Thursday.
I started studying for stem cell last Tuesday but still feel like I'm cramming, this is my first 4000 level class.
I barely started studying for orgo yet, I hate when I have two tests at the same time and feel like I'm compromising.
At least Orgo has a drop but stem cell doesn't and our grade is literally 3 tests and a final,nothing else.
I'm studying all the lectures, taking notes from the power points and studying the images/diagrams, but somehow I'm afraid that's not gonna be enough IDK why? I'm just such stress I mean if I bomb this , since there's no drop, it'll seriously F me up.

And my head really hurts ._. That's just adding to my stress.
You can totally do it! And if it helps you're not the only one who feels like they're slightly
f al
l in g a
p a r
t

Reactions: 2 users
I sound just like a character from the TV show Fargo. Who thinks this will have a perceptual effect during cross country interviews, and will this be positive or negative? Yes I'm only half serious, but our dialect here really can come across as "goofy", and it would interest me to know peoples' perceptions of that.

I sound just like a character from the TV show Fargo. Who thinks this will have a perceptual effect during cross country interviews, and will this be positive or negative? Yes I'm only half serious, but our dialect here really can come across as "goofy", and it would interest me to know peoples' perceptions of that.

I figure that as long as you are serious about your interviews, you'll be fine! Granted, I'm no ADCOM. I even imagine that it could end up being an interesting talking point. I have family in the Midwest and although we don't have strong accents, I personally find it to be an endearing accent, and not really goofy. If you don't mind me asking, whereabouts are you from?

I figure that as long as you are serious about your interviews, you'll be fine! Granted, I'm no ADCOM. I even imagine that it could end up being an interesting talking point. I have family in the Midwest and although we don't have strong accents, I personally find it to be an endearing accent, and not really goofy. If you don't mind me asking

Urban Minnesotans tend not to have much of an accent, but greater Minnesotans sound like every caricature you've ever heard :) To be fair, I think most people find it charming.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
This is me watching Narcos instead of studying for my midterm...

upload_2017-10-3_9-10-58.png

My midterm will test some knowledge of the monty hall problem. in acknowledgment of that:

upload_2017-10-3_9-12-53.png

Reactions: 3 users