Forum Members *~*~*~*~Official Pre-Allo Social Thread~*~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@tessellations @ekmf27050 @Ms Procrastinator @impendingdoom @mwsapphire bump!

the-first.png

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Well, then stay away from youtube. It's all the rage.

Edit: The food ones anyway. I think they're called mukbang

Thanksgiving was literally yesterday and I'm in a store that's blaring Christmas music o_O. Couldn't we let thanksgiving die properly first? I still have leftovers.

Thanksgiving was literally yesterday and I'm in a store that's blaring Christmas music o_O. Couldn't we let thanksgiving die properly first? I still have leftovers.

They had Christmas stuff out at the grocery store by me. On Halloween.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
My hat is officially back in season.

Hi everyone
You every have one of those moments when you're talking to someone- and you blurt out something that comes into your head and end up interrupting them? Bc I just had that while talking to a prof and I can't stop thinking about it.
She knows me well and she was talking to my friend ( who was with me) and I zoned out and blurted out my question and she just laughed an answered it but aaahhhhhhhhhhh
I mean I'm normally really polite and 1 moment of rudeness ( that's more awkward than straight up rude) won't be held against me forever but aaaAAAHHHHHHHH
View attachment 241863
This is the best thing ever because it's so relatable. When I get anxious I can't sleep because crap I've done like this is obsessively replayed in my brain. Tonight I'm going to think about this and maybe it'll be better because it's not me.

OP, if you want one of my stories to think about while you sleep too, here goes:
Once I was in a classroom full of my peers. Many people were standing around talking, but I was really concentrating on filling out a form I had to get done. While 95% of my brain was focused on this one task, the other 5% was all like, "Hey, gotta fart! Anyone?...Oh well, we'll just take care of this." That 5% gave the command for me to lean over and let it rip. I didn't realize what happened until I was finished with the form a minute later, when this was still reverberating through my working memory. Oops.

Hey guys!
SO for my genomics class we have a lab component and we had a final presentation and my partner and I did so bad it just fell apart I've never delivered a bad presentation and it was in front of like 17 students and I could die I'm so embarrassed. I talked to the prof and she said knew something just went wrong and my classmates were nice about it but I just ahhhhhh. She also said I produced qaulity work this whole semester and I'm a good student and I just relax we all have our moments but did I mention AAAHHHH
I literally am not sure whether to cry or hide under a rock or BOTH
:arghh:
Edit: If somebody could share a similar experience so I feel less stupid ....I'd really appreciate it....

Last edited:
Ah. Why was it so disliked?
YouTube used to be primarily individuals making content that was personable and relatable and I think YouTube is trying to be too much like Hollywood now. It was pandering and kind of had a social agenda behind it. Just my take on it, though. Watch it and see what you think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone enlighten me as to what YouTube rewind is?

YouTube Rewind is basically this long video (about 8 minutes or more) that is done near the end of the year to highlight all the trends, hit songs and major events that happened in the past year. It started around 2011. It's just a video of a rewind of the year.

Ah. Why was it so disliked?
YouTube rewind itself isn't disliked just this year's (2018) rewind. To be honest people have been saying the rewinds had started to stink since 2016. 2014 and 2015 are the most liked rewinds compared to the others. Over the years rewinds are starting to get a little too political and people pleasing and people aren't liking it. It used to be fun rewind of years events but now..... Plus they're starting to pad it with too much over-commercialized youtubers and not enough PewDiePie.

YouTube used to be primarily individuals making content that was personable and relatable and I think YouTube is trying to be too much like Hollywood now. It was pandering and kind of had a social agenda behind it. Just my take on it, though. Watch it and see what you think.
I wouldn't recommend this years rewind to my worst enemy.

YouTube Rewind is basically this long video (about 8 minutes or more) that is done near the end of the year to highlight all the trends, hit songs and major events that happened in the past year. It started around 2011. It's just a video of a rewind of the year.

Yeah, I'm not wasting 8 minutes on that lol. I'll just take y'all's word for it that it sucks.

Its disliked because This year, they refused to highlight popular youtubers due to their respective controversies (Logan Paul, PewDiePie...)

95% of my Youtube use is watching old episodes of Judge Judy

Reactions: 2 users
Goodness. Do you youtube? Defranco? Jordan Peterson?

Maybe you just watch military or medicine vids haha?

The only youtube I watch is the occasional music video. My kids watch more youtube than I do (they like to watch disney songs for a little bit before bed).

No idea who defranco or jordan peterson are. The only franco I know is James Franco and his brother.

Oh man... Big world. I guess its cool that so many people can use youtube for so many different things. I literally laughed at loud at Judge Judy though... Might as well watch some Maury and Jeanine Pirro while you're at it

Oh man... Big world. I guess its cool that so many people can use youtube for so many different things. I literally laughed at loud at Judge Judy though... Might as well watch some Maury and Jeanine Pirro while you're at it
It is widely known at my work that when I do overnights (basically just staying awake on the off-chance that someone needs something) I have Judge Judy marathons

I have no idea who those people are lol

omg you guys are killing me... im dead/done lol