Once Upon A Time WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Once upon a time, in an enchanted forest, there lived many people, princesses, knights, dragons, magic and
book-fairytale-letters-once-upon-a-time-quote-Favim.com-270658.jpg

---- wait, what's this rubbish? Magic? Who believes in that nonsense. We live in a place called Storybrooke where there is no magic. Or happy endings for that matter. But evil? That's ever present. Isn't it?

Like waking up from a deep slumber, the players find themselves in this small town. It's always been this way, right? Every now and then, you may have a glimpse as if in a dream of some place other. But, only a fleeting moment, right?

Let's find us a mayor to guide us through any trouble that may arise here in our cozy little town. You have until 10pm EST to cast a vote. I require all players to vote. Players may vote for themselves (like always....:rolleyes:)

There are 32 players in the game.

Clock Tower
1. Rojo
2. FFM
3. dyachei
4. Devyn
5. Alors
6. Dwin
7. FS

Mary Margaret's Apartment
1. NStarz
2. Jamr0ckin
3. Allie
4. FantasyFlyer
5. Hedgie
6. Tuckervet
7. bbeventer

Sheriff's Department
1. nohika
2. that redhead
3. lissarae06
4. cuitlamiztli
5. Minnerbelle
6. The LIS

Granny's Diner
1. Lupin21
2. Swings
3. WS
4. SV88
5. FH (I'm a foxy granny)
6. Fancy

Mr. Gold's Pawn & Antiques Shop
1.SnS
2. Wildcatj
3. DVM
4.wldlfstdnt
5. equineconstant
6. SOV

RULES:
Change your avatar to something Once related.
Contingencies are encouraged.
NO EDITING posts.
FH Rule is in effect...I want people posting, no lurkers.
Three missed lynches and mod justice will take over. You will be warned if you're heading toward 3.
No direct quoting of PMs.
DO NOT DISCUSS THE GAME WITH DEAD PLAYERS.
Dead Players...heckling is encouraged, strategizing is forbidden (and please use your stars).
When lynching, please BOLD or ****Star**** your votes, or we won't count them.
When PMing mods, please include both Escalla and myself (kaydubs).
As for PMs - For now, no PMing within your established locations.

Begin!

Members don't see this ad.

Throwing my hat in. I am all caught up on the show.

****elect wld****

***elect rojo***

coz he recruited me from the lounge for this.

ill change my av tomorrow, I won't be near an actual comp till then

Members don't see this ad :)
Been waiting for this game for a while now! So excited!

Elect SnS...it's been some time since i've been a leader :)

I really need to watch Season 2!

Elect Lupin They do a good job, pay attention, and she's in my group. :thumbup:

Just throwing this out there... but the evil queen was the mayor in the show, so it is probable that there is some benefit to a wolf to be the mayor.

I am not going to vote for anyone who actually wants the job.

elect rojo, as long as he is willing to swear he is not a wolf.... cause apparently he is too honest to be a good wolf. :laugh: (that's right, I will NEVER let you live this down).

I can get on board with rojo.

elect Rojo

Some more thoughts for people who are unfamiliar...

we probably need to activate villager powers, because in the show the characters don't know who they are.

Season 1 revolves around getting Prince Charming and Snow White to find each other and true love's kiss.... so you let's try to get them together.

As for wolves..... could be a little tricky.
The Evil Queen is probably a wolf, but she might not be (she is Henry's mother and he kind of sort of loves her).

The Evil Queen's mother... definitely a wolf.

Capt Hook... tough to say. evilish .... but also has redeeming qualities.

there was some monster that I don't recall that was definitely evil.

And the sheriff wasn't too bad a guy but he was controlled by the evil queen, so he is probably dangerous.

But a lot of characters seem evil from a certain point of view, and good from another.

I wouldn't be surprised if we have conflicting investigation information depending on who investigates.

Anyway, that is my thoughts on the game from a design point of view. Kaydubs especially likes things twisted, kind of like me, so maybe those tidbits help.

I acknowledge that I need to change my avatar but I've been having difficulty because I'm at home (for the summer) on my mom's Mac and I normally use a PC :oops: So please, kindly mods, don't smite me, I promise I'm trying to get an appropriate avatar!

Also, I haven't seen the show - the fact that wld says she's caught up on it seems advantageous. So I'm going to elect wld.

***elect wld***

I buy the argument that a wolf would prob benefit from being a mayor, but i don't think wld would be stupid enough to elect herself that fast. or am i missing something?

(plus, sov's burned me enough in other games so i can't get myself to go with the same vote)

Members don't see this ad :)
Some more thoughts for people who are unfamiliar...

we probably need to activate villager powers, because in the show the characters don't know who they are.

Season 1 revolves around getting Prince Charming and Snow White to find each other and true love's kiss.... so you let's try to get them together.

As for wolves..... could be a little tricky.
The Evil Queen is probably a wolf, but she might not be (she is Henry's mother and he kind of sort of loves her).

The Evil Queen's mother... definitely a wolf.

Capt Hook... tough to say. evilish .... but also has redeeming qualities.

there was some monster that I don't recall that was definitely evil.

And the sheriff wasn't too bad a guy but he was controlled by the evil queen, so he is probably dangerous.

But a lot of characters seem evil from a certain point of view, and good from another.

I wouldn't be surprised if we have conflicting investigation information depending on who investigates.

Anyway, that is my thoughts on the game from a design point of view. Kaydubs especially likes things twisted, kind of like me, so maybe those tidbits help.

SPOILERS!!!!!! So I am going to make it white, but it talks about possible wolves. Just don't want to ruin the show for people currently watching.

Add Tamara and Greg from Season 2. DEFINITELY wolves. In fact the evil queen is probably a wolf, but maybe has redeeming qualities? Wanting to be good for Henry? Peter Pan- wolf if he is a part of this game. Going to be a major point for Season 3

Gold from season 1 is a tricky character as well..

***elect wld***

I buy the argument that a wolf would prob benefit from being a mayor, but i don't think wld would be stupid enough to elect herself that fast. or am i missing something?

(plus, sov's burned me enough in other games so i can't get myself to go with the same vote)

I just want to be mayor cause I know this show well. Plus have I ever been mayor before? :confused: I cannot remember, but I don't think I have. I do try to throw my hat in when I know the topic.

Gold from season 1 is a tricky character as well..

True, which is why in my spoilers post I mention the evil queen. I think Gold, Hook, and Regina are confusing when you look at season 2

:rolleyes:

I changed my avatar yesterday, while I was watching the show.

He was the original sheriff and most definitely not a wolf since the queen killed him in the first season.

And just plain sexy. :naughty:

Whoa, bandwagon for me? Sweet!

SOV, you can go to hell! Like I said, you want to use that as a litmus test, then might as well lynch me... however, you'll be sorry :naughty:

One person that hasn't been mentioned as a wolf has been Rumplestiltskin (although Gold has been mentioned).... he definitely seems wolfish (but I'm only 5 episodes into the series)...

I'm gonna throw something out there... it seems (from n=1) that your role is the character from both worlds (ie, there is unlikely to be a Mr. Gold and Rumplestiltskin, or a Regina and an Evil Queen, the character will be assigned Regina/Evil Queen... Henry and Emma will likely be the only single person...).

Elect Rojo

I promise not to smite anyone who hasn't changed their avvie. Since, I would have to smite myself as well :laugh:

Current mayor tally:
Lupin 2- lupin, WS,
Wld 4- wld, TRH, Minner, tuckervet
rojo 5- FML, FS, SOV, wildcatj, rojo
SnS 2- SnS, DVMD

Also, for the rest of the game, I'm considering barring "RNG votes." How many people would freak out about this?

And, throw in some thoughts on when you want deadlines. I have flexible access to internet (which means, I must drive to gain interwebs). And Escalla works from 10a-7p EST M-F.

Elect Lupin

Here goes nothin' - :) My WW virginity!

elect wldlfstdnt

I'm pretty excited for this game. Watched some of the first season and then lost interest/got too busy but this has given me inspiration to start watching again. Unfortunately I'm knee deep in like 3 other tv series right now...whoops.

Going to go with rojo since he is in my group... but seems wld is a good choice as well since she knows the series...

elect rojo

Just an FYI... I just started watching the series.... just finished S1E5... so if you all could put any huge spoilers in white for now that would be class please!

I will change my avatar shortly

Elect Lupin

Here goes nothin' - :) My WW virginity!

Don't forget to use protection. And stay away from drjojo. I hear he carries infectious diseases (like honesty). :p

Don't forget to use protection. And stay away from drjojo. I hear he carries infectious diseases (like honesty). :p

i have those giant microbes... in herpes and chlamydia form.

DVMD's avatar has a wolf in it.
She has unconsciously given away her affiliation? Lynch the wolf?

You are already striking me as wolfie with this post. Going after me again already? Just like last game? I implore someone with investigative powers to look into SOV as he did this exact thing last game to me and was a wolf.

I'm gonna throw something out there... it seems (from n=1) that your role is the character from both worlds (ie, there is unlikely to be a Mr. Gold and Rumplestiltskin, or a Regina and an Evil Queen, the character will be assigned Regina/Evil Queen... Henry and Emma will likely be the only single person...).

Agreed. Although some characters can be tricky in that they don't always fit in their supposed good/evil paradigm in both Storybrooke and the fairy tales.

And, like a couple of other people have stated, I'm also going to elect wild as having a mayor with the background knowledge of the theme should be really useful for investigations :)

Current mayor tally:
Lupin 3- lupin, WS, SV88
Wld 8- wld, TRH, Minner, tuckervet, dyachei, allie, bbeventer, FantasyFlyer
rojo 6- FML, FS, SOV, wildcatj, rojo, devyn
SnS 2- SnS, DVMD
Dwin 1- Dwin

Waffles: 0

12 have not yet voted.

Loving the discussion!

Also, just a reminder in case you missed it....No PMing within your locations until further notice.

Hrm. Gonna go with elect SnS cuz she's awesome and stuffs. :love:

I will change my avatar before tonight. Gotta pick one, and all.

darn i would've voted for myself but it looks too late :(
elect wld bc of her extensive knowledge of the show as well