-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
R & B Mafia Game
Started by Lupin21
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Vote
Jilary (5)- dyachei, DocE, Chillbo, Cyndia, DVMD
Chillbo (2)- SOV, TP
dyachei (1)- FFM
SOV (1)- Jilary
no vote: LIS, kdubs
Deadline 8 PM EST 10 minutes remaining
NO VOTES AFTER DEADLINE. THREAD WILL ALSO BE CLOSED FOR TALK AT THAT TIME.
Jilary (5)- dyachei, DocE, Chillbo, Cyndia, DVMD
Chillbo (2)- SOV, TP
dyachei (1)- FFM
SOV (1)- Jilary
no vote: LIS, kdubs
Deadline 8 PM EST 10 minutes remaining
NO VOTES AFTER DEADLINE. THREAD WILL ALSO BE CLOSED FOR TALK AT THAT TIME.
With their beloved leader, Rocky the Flying Squirrel, lost to them, the world was mourning and wondering how to go on fighting for good. Bullwinkle, the hardest hit of all from the loss of his little buddy, still tried hard to boost moral and did what he does best. He entertained.
As would be expected after that terrible edition of Bullwinkle’s Corner, the crowd turned violent and the inherent evil that lies in every heart won the day. They told Bullwinkle to take a hike or they would feed him to the notorious metal munching mice. So it was without hesitation that our moose took that hike, right off the cliff.
Join us next time in
M for Moose
or
Moose Don’t Cry
You have lynched Jilary
You are Bullwinkle J. Moose, a vanilla villager. Not the sharpest tool in the box, but boy can you turn anything into a pun.
THREAD IS CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
10 Players Remain
1. @DocEspana
2.
3. @dyachei
4. @StartingoverVet
5. @LetItSnow
6.
7. @touchpause13
8.
9. @kaydubs
10. @DVMDream
11. @Cyndia
12. @Chillbo Baggins
13. @Flim Flam Man
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know the thread is closed. I hope you'll grant me an administrative "non-game-related" comment.
Closing it at night like this is *REALLY* hard for those of us who are working all day. I have thoughts I would like to share, but I was literally non-stop working from about 8am to 8pm tonight, and was gone from home from 7:30am to 8:30pm. So.... not much opportunity to say anything. I don't expect things to revolve around me, but... at the least I had hoped I'd be able to catch up at night, share thoughts, maybe put in a contingency, etc. Unless the thread-closing is something that might change, it might be best to just remove me. 🙁 Sorry - I didn't foresee something like that as a game mechanic. 🙁
Closing it at night like this is *REALLY* hard for those of us who are working all day. I have thoughts I would like to share, but I was literally non-stop working from about 8am to 8pm tonight, and was gone from home from 7:30am to 8:30pm. So.... not much opportunity to say anything. I don't expect things to revolve around me, but... at the least I had hoped I'd be able to catch up at night, share thoughts, maybe put in a contingency, etc. Unless the thread-closing is something that might change, it might be best to just remove me. 🙁 Sorry - I didn't foresee something like that as a game mechanic. 🙁
MOD NOTE
Write up will be delayed. I would also encourage players to actually go read through one of the games that is the basis for this one. I do not expect any of you to read line by line, but at least see what the game spirit is supposed to be like.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/future-ww-games.903040/page-68#post-16532531
Write up will be delayed. I would also encourage players to actually go read through one of the games that is the basis for this one. I do not expect any of you to read line by line, but at least see what the game spirit is supposed to be like.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/future-ww-games.903040/page-68#post-16532531
We return to our story of Rocky and Bullwinkle....
Well we return to our story of And Friends in the midst of mass confusion. "What is it that we are supposed to be doing?" A note written in the heavens in a brilliant Bold Text BLUE gave them a hint.
The events of the past few days had been troubling for everyone, and today would be no different. In the brightness of day, one poor soul was the target of evil doings and explicit revenge, which is once again, not to be discussed in front of our younger audience.
In yet another part of the world, a man in an ER was seen doing his best to save all the animals, working tirelessly to make the world a better place. This man was needed there, and so he said goodbye to the friends still seeking to find their next adventure as he already had his.
With that we continue the day with the remaining Friends seeking out the antagonists of our story.
In an attempt to restore order to this game, the day cycle of lynching will remain open until 8 AM tomorrow with chosen player for lynching due by that time. At 8AM EST tomorrow, the lynch write-up will occur followed immediately by night write-up. Then we will return to original times and rules regarding time tables and postings.
8 Players remain
1. @DocEspana
2.Jilary
3. @dyachei
4.SOV
5.LetItSnow
6.WildZoo
7. @touchpause13
8.Mad Jack
9. @kaydubs
10. @DVMDream
11. @Cyndia
12. @Chillbo Baggins
13. @Flim Flam Man
You may begin the Lynching
Well we return to our story of And Friends in the midst of mass confusion. "What is it that we are supposed to be doing?" A note written in the heavens in a brilliant Bold Text BLUE gave them a hint.
The events of the past few days had been troubling for everyone, and today would be no different. In the brightness of day, one poor soul was the target of evil doings and explicit revenge, which is once again, not to be discussed in front of our younger audience.
In yet another part of the world, a man in an ER was seen doing his best to save all the animals, working tirelessly to make the world a better place. This man was needed there, and so he said goodbye to the friends still seeking to find their next adventure as he already had his.
With that we continue the day with the remaining Friends seeking out the antagonists of our story.
In an attempt to restore order to this game, the day cycle of lynching will remain open until 8 AM tomorrow with chosen player for lynching due by that time. At 8AM EST tomorrow, the lynch write-up will occur followed immediately by night write-up. Then we will return to original times and rules regarding time tables and postings.
8 Players remain
1. @DocEspana
2.
3. @dyachei
4.
5.
6.
7. @touchpause13
8.
9. @kaydubs
10. @DVMDream
11. @Cyndia
12. @Chillbo Baggins
13. @Flim Flam Man
You may begin the Lynching
lynch cyndia
just going off feels.
just going off feels.
So what are the thoughts of role revealing at this point?
MOD NOTE:
Mod is against this. 🙂So what are the thoughts of role revealing at this point?
Wow, I have seriously been mucking things up. Just clicked back to lupins link above and I realized that I somehow missed the whole reason for having this game and have been playing it like a normal prevet WW. Revealing is pointless. I'm being an absolutely failure at WW this month, sorry guys. 🙁
I'm going to ****lynch Chillbo**** for the reasoning from yesterday
Ugh, losing two good guys in one night is never good. We've still a decent numbers advantage, though, 6 to 2. That also means we've got two days max to get another wolf.
vote
Cyndia (1)- dyachei
Chillbo (1)- Cyndia
no vote: DocE, TP, kdubs, DVMD, Chillbo, FFM
Deadline 8 AM eastern
Cyndia (1)- dyachei
Chillbo (1)- Cyndia
no vote: DocE, TP, kdubs, DVMD, Chillbo, FFM
Deadline 8 AM eastern
vote
Cyndia (1)- dyachei
Chillbo (1)- Cyndia
no vote: DocE, TP, kdubs, DVMD, Chillbo, FFM
Deadline 8 AM eastern
Cyndia (1)- dyachei
Chillbo (1)- Cyndia
no vote: DocE, TP, kdubs, DVMD, Chillbo, FFM
Deadline 8 AM eastern
Odds are not in our favor. I'm sad to see a double loss. I'm home now and am open to strategizing. I can't guarantee how long I'll stay awake but I'll try my damnedest
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, if it isn't too late.. lynch chillbo
Guess someone should break the tie. I haven't really had time to read up on either game threads today, maybe tomorrow. Probably not.
Guess someone should break the tie. I haven't really had time to read up on either game threads today, maybe tomorrow. Probably not.
Lynch Chillbo. I'm not sure what to think but I do appreciate the lynch extension. Thanks Lupes, the ever gracious!
This game is about to get abandoned. It appears that people are busy and really just are not able to play this game as it is intended. No one can just sit around the dinner table anymore and have a nice conversation. This is why we can't have nice things.
Well, i will ### lynch chillboi ### too
lynch cyndia
because im a rebel
because im a rebel
I'm fine with ****lynch chillbo*****
vote
Chillbo (5)- Cyndia, kdubs, DVMD, FFM, TP
Cyndia (2)- dyachei, Doc
no vote: Chillbo
Deadline 8 AM eastern
Chillbo (5)- Cyndia, kdubs, DVMD, FFM, TP
Cyndia (2)- dyachei, Doc
no vote: Chillbo
Deadline 8 AM eastern
My insomnia can be put to good use!!!You guys are blowing it! I'm Cloyd, SOV's counterpart.
Lynch Cyndia
Lynch Cyndia
😢
You have lynched Chillbo Baggins
You are the Moon Man Cloyd, a vanilla villager. You and your other little green partner, Gidney, do your best to protect your home and enjoy teaming up with our heroes, Rocky and Bullwinkle. With the aid of your scrootch gun, you are not to be messed with.
This narrator has become disheartened with the darkness consuming our story. It is with an even heavier heart to report that yet another friend has reached an untimely end. So it is that I pass on the narration for a moment to collect myself.
What kind of evil in the world would take a little boy from his dog? Must have been Crazy Legs Cowpuss.
Killed overnight is kaydubs
You are Sherman, vanilla villager. You and your doggy Daddy Mr. Peabody love adventures through history on a constant quest for knowledge. You are invaluable in fixing history gone wrong.
You may begin Lynching
Deadline 8 PM est
6 players remain
1. @DocEspana
2. Jilary
3. @dyachei
4.StartingoverVet
5.LetItSnow
6.WildZoo
7. @touchpause13
8.Mad Jack
9.kaydubs
10. @DVMDream
11. @Cyndia
12.Chillbo Baggins
13. @Flim Flam Man
You are the Moon Man Cloyd, a vanilla villager. You and your other little green partner, Gidney, do your best to protect your home and enjoy teaming up with our heroes, Rocky and Bullwinkle. With the aid of your scrootch gun, you are not to be messed with.
This narrator has become disheartened with the darkness consuming our story. It is with an even heavier heart to report that yet another friend has reached an untimely end. So it is that I pass on the narration for a moment to collect myself.
What kind of evil in the world would take a little boy from his dog? Must have been Crazy Legs Cowpuss.
Killed overnight is kaydubs
You are Sherman, vanilla villager. You and your doggy Daddy Mr. Peabody love adventures through history on a constant quest for knowledge. You are invaluable in fixing history gone wrong.
You may begin Lynching
Deadline 8 PM est
6 players remain
1. @DocEspana
2.
3. @dyachei
4.
5.
6.
7. @touchpause13
8.
9.
10. @DVMDream
11. @Cyndia
12.
13. @Flim Flam Man
Last edited:
Okay I've got nothing, so *****lynch tp***** based on her loosely defending mj when we were lynching him
It's not me. I was just being a overconfident dumb ass and thought I wouldn't fall for his wolfieness.
lynch dvmd
lynch TP for now
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Vote
TP (2)- cyndia, FFM
DVMD (1)- dyachei
no vote: DocE, TP, DVMD
Deadline 8 PM EST
TP (2)- cyndia, FFM
DVMD (1)- dyachei
no vote: DocE, TP, DVMD
Deadline 8 PM EST
****lynch dvmd*****
For obvious reasons
For obvious reasons
I'm not a wolf but not convinced TP would jump to MJ's defense like that if she were a wolf.
I'm going to think on it longer.
I'm going to think on it longer.
Lynch TP For self preservation.
If anyone has any better ideas or wants to discuss I'm open to changing that vote.
If anyone has any better ideas or wants to discuss I'm open to changing that vote.
Vote
TP (3)- cyndia, FFM, DVMD
DVMD (2)- dyachei, TP
no vote: DocE
Deadline 8 PM EST 1 hour remaining
Original rules apply at conclusion of today's lynch. No more talk on thread until close of night tomorrow AM.
TP (3)- cyndia, FFM, DVMD
DVMD (2)- dyachei, TP
no vote: DocE
Deadline 8 PM EST 1 hour remaining
Original rules apply at conclusion of today's lynch. No more talk on thread until close of night tomorrow AM.
LYNCH CLOSED..............
GAME OVER- 6 players in a 4:2 village wolf ratio You lynched TP, villager, resulting in a 3:2 ratio followed by a night kill that would bring us to 2:2 wolf victory
LOSERS- Village
WINNERS-- Wolves!!!!!
Flim Flam Man- You are Mr. Big, aka Fearless Leader and a Wolf. You are the “big” man in charge of Pottsylvania and command Boris and Natasha to do your evil bidding to ensure Pottsylvania’s place in history.
DVMD- You are Boris Badenov, a Wolf. You are under orders from Mr. Big to rid the world of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends so you can be the top nogoodnik stealing all the treasures for the advancement of the Great Pottsylvania.
Mad Jack- You are Natasha Fatale, Wolf. With your beau Boris, you try to complete missions gently guiding Boris in the best way to succeed in killing moose and squirrel. Sadly, despite your best efforts, most his ideas end with him being hoisted by his own petard.
Thanks for playing, or not playing as it were. 😛 It was an interesting experiment that failed miserably. But I enjoyed putting my favorite cartoons in my own plot line for a brief moment and I hope to get this format of gameplay improved upon in the future as it can be a fun departure from the complicated and over the top games that we have become accustomed to. I think a better understanding of this type of game was needed in order for it to work, so I definitely don't hold any grudges against my players for not quite getting the gist of the game. I know some of you are incredibly busy as well, so it made it difficult.
Feel free to make comments.
GAME OVER- 6 players in a 4:2 village wolf ratio You lynched TP, villager, resulting in a 3:2 ratio followed by a night kill that would bring us to 2:2 wolf victory
LOSERS- Village
WINNERS-- Wolves!!!!!
Flim Flam Man- You are Mr. Big, aka Fearless Leader and a Wolf. You are the “big” man in charge of Pottsylvania and command Boris and Natasha to do your evil bidding to ensure Pottsylvania’s place in history.
DVMD- You are Boris Badenov, a Wolf. You are under orders from Mr. Big to rid the world of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends so you can be the top nogoodnik stealing all the treasures for the advancement of the Great Pottsylvania.
Mad Jack- You are Natasha Fatale, Wolf. With your beau Boris, you try to complete missions gently guiding Boris in the best way to succeed in killing moose and squirrel. Sadly, despite your best efforts, most his ideas end with him being hoisted by his own petard.
Thanks for playing, or not playing as it were. 😛 It was an interesting experiment that failed miserably. But I enjoyed putting my favorite cartoons in my own plot line for a brief moment and I hope to get this format of gameplay improved upon in the future as it can be a fun departure from the complicated and over the top games that we have become accustomed to. I think a better understanding of this type of game was needed in order for it to work, so I definitely don't hold any grudges against my players for not quite getting the gist of the game. I know some of you are incredibly busy as well, so it made it difficult.
Feel free to make comments.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Sorry for being awful at not outing myself, I wish I had been alive longer since I was looking forward to this game. Gg wolves. Was hoping you would ignore my screw-up 😉
Looking forward to the Chilly Willy themed game.
Thanks lupin for modding.
Thanks lupin for modding.
Thanks Lupin! Was a good game! 🙂
Sorry I was MIA the night I got lynched! I was really looking forward to this game but didn't make it long.
Lurve all youz guys!!! I forgot to mention that in my conclusion. 

I lived (sort of) to the end
Thanks Lupes!!!! Love the R & B theme. Bullwinkle J Moose 4E
Thanks to all who played, and to @Lupin21 for running it. I was playing along as the live studio audience.
Somehow, I had missed until this very game that WW style games get played on forums, let alone this forum. I guess I didn't think SDNers likely to engage in collective action for the purpose of fun? Shows what I know.
Anyhow... so, who is running the next game?
Somehow, I had missed until this very game that WW style games get played on forums, let alone this forum. I guess I didn't think SDNers likely to engage in collective action for the purpose of fun? Shows what I know.
Anyhow... so, who is running the next game?
thanks lupin.
sorry for the role reveal/not knowing the rules.
i thought your role descriptions were incredibly detailed for plain vanilla roles. thatwas a lot of work to pull together so quickly
sorry for the role reveal/not knowing the rules.
i thought your role descriptions were incredibly detailed for plain vanilla roles. thatwas a lot of work to pull together so quickly
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for the game lupin! Also apologies again for totally not getting the concept. It was a fun experiment though 🙂
I just know Rocky and Bullwinkle inside and out, so I had those roles written up in less than an hour. The game is meant to be bare bones as far as actual game details, so mods, or at least this mod, like to dress it up by at least giving a fun character and plot line. The game thread is meant for players to basically act like they are straight up vanilla villager and poke and prod each other's every word to see who might be more wolfy than others. And of course the lone village seer, aka the cop, is supposed to be extra vigilant in remaining hidden but somehow leaving clues as to whom they have peaked.thanks lupin.
sorry for the role reveal/not knowing the rules.
i thought your role descriptions were incredibly detailed for plain vanilla roles. thatwas a lot of work to pull together so quickly
It requires a lot of time by the players to actually converse on the thread and analyze what everyone is saying, so really it is hard to incorporate in student/vet lifestyles since sometimes, as LIS said, we are simply not able to talk and think in the 12 hour window allotted for day time activities and lynching. I think though, if we just keep trying, these simpler games have a place here for people who are a bit more calculating on the thread. 🙂
I just know Rocky and Bullwinkle inside and out, so I had those roles written up in less than an hour. The game is meant to be bare bones as far as actual game details, so mods, or at least this mod, like to dress it up by at least giving a fun character and plot line. The game thread is meant for players to basically act like they are straight up vanilla villager and poke and prod each other's every word to see who might be more wolfy than others. And of course the lone village seer, aka the cop, is supposed to be extra vigilant in remaining hidden but somehow leaving clues as to whom they have peaked.
It requires a lot of time by the players to actually converse on the thread and analyze what everyone is saying, so really it is hard to incorporate in student/vet lifestyles since sometimes, as LIS said, we are simply not able to talk and think in the 12 hour window allotted for day time activities and lynching. I think though, if we just keep trying, these simpler games have a place here for people who are a bit more calculating on the thread. 🙂
I'm a big fan of simpler games. So I like The way this one was set up. I agree that the intricate role descriptions kind of threw me for a loop.
Oh. And it just occurred to me. If anyone can submit the correct answers as to what famous titles I was playing off of for those couple write ups in the large italics were, I will definitely offer favoritism if you should play in another one of my games.
So, would the benefits of a longer day/night cycle outweigh the risk of wandering attention spans? Like, maybe we could do a 48 hour day, 24 hour night game? It would make for 3 days per round.. A game could easily last a few weeks, but it would be a lot more forgiving of busy schedules.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2K
- Views
- 93K
- Replies
- 2K
- Views
- 29K