Step 2 CS January 2019 Score Release

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlwaysaStudent19

Reaction score
Thought I'd start this thread for all those people waiting anxiously for January 30 so we could share in each other's misery...and hopefully make it through.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Can we post whether our "Permit" is still available? Mines is. When is that supposed to disappear?

Reactions: 1 user
Can we post whether our "Permit" is still available? Mines is. When is that supposed to disappear?

I believe that if your permit disappears next week on Tuesday (1/29), then your score will be released the next day (Wednesday, 1/30). If your permit does not disappear sometime on 1/29, then your score is more likely to be released the week after on Wednesday, 2/6 (with the permit disappearing on 2/5). Not sure exactly what time of the day the permit disappears though...

I believe that if your permit disappears next week on Tuesday (1/29), then your score will be released the next day (Wednesday, 1/30). If your permit does not disappear sometime on 1/29, then your score is more likely to be released the week after on Wednesday, 2/6 (with the permit disappearing on 2/5). Not sure exactly what time of the day the permit disappears though...

Thank you! Will keep everyone updated. I'm just hoping I passed.

Guys relax..most of you would have passed..I have gone tru the same tension..And permit link has nothing to do with your results..My link is still there and I passed..IMG here

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Permit is gone too! Checked around 0900 EST and was still there, now it is gone. Testing window expires on 1/30 or 1/31. FCVS is blank.

My permit also disappeared recently but I’m a bit worried because I can’t start a new application for Step 3 (I already passed Step 1 and Step 2 CK). Is that cause for concern?

My permit also disappeared recently but I’m a bit worried because I can’t start a new application for Step 3 (I already passed Step 1 and Step 2 CK). Is that cause for concern?
No concern. I think FSMB fixed the trick, so we won't see our pass/fail status until our real scores come out.

You guys, where is the permit supposed to be??

I'm an IMG. I haven't logged in to IWA/OASIS in a very long time, and I logged in today and my permit is nowhere to be found. But I'm not sure is it truly gone or I don't know where to look for it.

Is it on IWA, Print/Reprint Documents? Under it it only says "OASIS view the validity of your 186..."

Or on OASIS? When I click reprint documents it says:

"The Step 2 CS scheduling permit is sent to applicants after they are registered for Step 2 CS. You cannot print a scheduling permit because you are not currently registered for Step 2 CS."

I'm probably overthinking this, but please reassure me that my permit is really gone.

Btw took the exam 11/28

Test date 12/12 (philadelphia), permit gone, fcvs thing blank, won't let me start new application for step 3 (US MD, passed step 1 and step 2 CK)

same exact boat. worried i rushed some of the rooms/accidently cut off a couple of SPs. this wait is killer

Permit gone, can't start step 3 application.

Has the internet ever verified if permit gone means you got a passing score?

Wait, permit gone means:
a) you passed; or
b) you will receive score (either P/F) that Wednesday?

You guys, where is the permit supposed to be??

I'm an IMG. I haven't logged in to IWA/OASIS in a very long time, and I logged in today and my permit is nowhere to be found. But I'm not sure is it truly gone or I don't know where to look for it.

Is it on IWA, Print/Reprint Documents? Under it it only says "OASIS view the validity of your 186..."

Or on OASIS? When I click reprint documents it says:

"The Step 2 CS scheduling permit is sent to applicants after they are registered for Step 2 CS. You cannot print a scheduling permit because you are not currently registered for Step 2 CS."

I'm probably overthinking this, but please reassure me that my permit is really gone.

Btw took the exam 11/28

Would like to know this too!

I wonder if the FCVS site has been changed...in the past (during the December 2018 release period), people's status was "Undetermined" before changing to the result. Now it is just blank. Wondering if they've removed that way of finding the score.

Last edited:
I wonder if the FCVS site has been changed...in the past (during the December 2018 release period), people's status was "Undetermined" before changing to the result. Now it is just blank. Wondering if they've removed that way of finding the score.
i think they probably changed it. they also made it so you have to create a login, so probably they made some changes to the overall system there. it might not be reliable anymore. guess we will just have to wait a few more days!

Is anyone able to register for Step 3 on FSMB now? I’m not able to, despite my permit disappearing yesterday, and I’m scared about what that might mean.

Looks like the FCVS trick done by people in December was on a Tuesday. They were all reporting seeing their score on FCVS/FSMB on Dec 11th - the day before the actual score release. So maybe hope to see it there tomorrow morning?

This is my 2nd attempt.. i asked 6 sp to repeat single single words. I have nightmares everyday thinking i might fail in SEP. 2 more night

Sent from my SM-N960U using SDN mobile