Touro - California (TUCOM-CA) Discussion Thread 2012 -2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I heard the committee meets the 29th or 30th I think?

Members don't see this ad.

I heard the committee meets the 29th or 30th I think?

Hey md2be89! To meet in regards to what? I have been complete for about two weeks I'm just wondering if this is to evaluate applications or for something else. Thanks!!:)

When I was there on Monday they said the committee would meet on Thursday (tomorrow, 31 JAN) and release decisions Friday via mail, or by email if you tell admissions you want to be emailed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard back yet? I interviewed on the 29th and haven't heard anything...

When I was there on Monday they said the committee would meet on Thursday (tomorrow, 31 JAN) and release decisions Friday via mail, or by email if you tell admissions you want to be emailed.

Thanks for the info!

I emailed Mr. Davis (Director of Admissions) about the status of the decisions, and he replied stating that they will instead be released Monday afternoon (February 4th).

High Alternate for me. Bummer, but maybe I'll get lucky with my updates, and one will please the AdCom

Does anyone know how the interview day is formatted? Starting from the morning until you leave. Thanks in advance

Does anyone know how the interview day is formatted? Starting from the morning until you leave. Thanks in advance

On my interview day:

9:00 to 9:10 AM - Overview with Director of Admissions
9:10 to 9.25 AM - Brief Financial Aid presentation
9:25 to 9:55 AM - MPH presentation
9:55 to 10:00 AM - Break
10:00 to 10:50 AM - Meet with Dean or representative
10:50 to 11:00 AM - Walk to lower campus
11:00 to 11:55 AM - Student led tour
11:55 to 12:00 noon - Break
12:00 noon to 1:00 PM - Interview
1:00 to 1:30 PM - Lunch
1:30 PM - End

I have been complete at TUCOM-CA since September, but haven't received an interview invite. Every time I contact admissions to inquire about the status of my application, I am told that my file is still under review by the admissions committee for potential interview.

Is it getting too late? Should I have heard something by now? What are your thoughts?

I have been complete at TUCOM-CA since September, but haven't received an interview invite. Every time I contact admissions to inquire about the status of my application, I am told that my file is still under review by the admissions committee for potential interview.

Is it getting too late? Should I have heard something by now? What are your thoughts?

I'm in the same situation. And I've sent update letters as well...

I have been complete for about a month, beginning to think it's too late. :(

I'll be interviewing here on the 25th. Does anyone know how many seats have already been filled up?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I am wondering if anyone has heard anything about the Pre-Med conference coming up at TouroCA. I live kind of far away so it'd be long commute for me, and I'm wondering if it's recommended to attend. Would it be a good way to demonstrate interest in osteopathic medicine (attending the workshops, panels, etc.)? Thank you.

I think a better way to demonstrate interest in Osteopathic Medicine is to read, shadow a DO, attend pre-SOMA meetings, and yeah if you can check out a panel somewhere. But driving a long distance to attend this conference shouldn't be your main way of showing interest.

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has heard anything about the Pre-Med conference coming up at TouroCA. I live kind of far away so it'd be long commute for me, and I'm wondering if it's recommended to attend. Would it be a good way to demonstrate interest in osteopathic medicine (attending the workshops, panels, etc.)? Thank you.

I think this event should be interesting, at least I hope so since I've been tapped to participate in the medical student panel.

If you get a chance, it might be worth checking out!

Last edited:
How full is the class? Has anybody recently received an interview invite?

Thanks! Oh I was complete about a week and a half ago... Anyone planning to cancel their interview for sometime before April 8th, lemme know so I can snag it!!

Thanks for the reply. I guess what I'm wondering is, would this be something worth mentioning on an application (not the sole mention of osteopathic medicine, but perhaps one example)?

Cool! Hopefully I'll be there!

I think any experience is worth talking about if it had an impact! For me I wrote and spoke all about my first introduction to Osteopathic Medicine as a medical student panel from Touro Univeristy CA actually haha. It was very influential, just as this panel will be for so many students, as well as yourself. I may be attending as well, so hopefully see ya there.

Oh cool, thanks! So you mentioned it in your application? or have you already been admitted?

I was recently accepted this cycle at ATSU-SOMA. Mentioned it in my application/personal statement/interview day. Best of luck!

Does anyone know if the rotations at this school are as bad as people have been saying? What is the issue? Thanks in advance

Does anyone know if the rotations at this school are as bad as people have been saying? What is the issue? Thanks in advance

I am not positive, I think that people were getting bummed because you may have to move far away for your rotations due to the fact that there is not affiliated hospital. This is in fact the same for most DO schools, I feel it has gotten blown out of proportion in recent years. I attended a conference here this past weekend and they spoke about changes they are making to change this. I would suggest contacting the school personally to ask.

Does anyone know if Touro has a second look day? I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere.

Still waiting to hear back from my secondaries :/ hopefully I can get an interview. Does anyone know if they are giving out more interviews?

Hi everyone,

I just interviewed 2/19/13, and asked Steven Davis how long the interview cycle is. He says it is from October - April. So those of you who are asking if it's too late in the cycle, do not fear, there is still a chance!

Also there is a fb for people accepted: https://www.facebook.com/groups/391693367581056/

good luck everyone!

Good luck to the 2/25 interview group. Hopefully I'm not late.tomorrow..I'll be driving in from Los Altos in the morning.

ummm.. kinda serious... is it ever going to be frowned upon if I matriculate into a Jewish-affiliated school when I'm provocatively atheist?

What do you mean by "provocatively atheist?"

Last edited:
For all those waiting to hear back. I was complete in September and just got an II so don't give up all hope yet!

Thanks
Hope to get one myself :)

I turned it down due to an alternate acceptance. But I have a strong feeling that they will be offering a new group of interviews coming up soon! Keep your eyes peeled!

Accepted today at both Touro California and Nevada! Excited :) Can anyone share any insights comparing the two programs or direct me to a discussion that has already occurred?

Congrats, urbanjudge! I was accepted today at Touro CA as well. It is my absolute dream school. The teaching faculty and admissions faculty, the students, the the OMM lab, the anatomy lab, and the other interviewees were all A++ in my book. I can't really speak to NV since I never had the pleasure of seeing it but if you were in the 2/25 group just go ahead and come to CA because I liked all of you.

I'm a little bummed. Low alternate for me. However, I have a reason to be positive. Got accepted by TUNCOM last night. Woot!

Also congrats to those who just got accepted! I'm happy for y'all.

Last edited:
yes Lynn does reply. BTW I fully submitted my application around early February. I got an II early march. I have my interview 3/19/13.

Just emailed Lynn huckle to cancel my interview spot on April 8th! Good luck everyone!