UGA Class of 2022 Hopefuls!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Guys none of my references have been contacted yet (to my knowledge) and I'm officially freaking tf out

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
According to APVMA a OOS got his letter today but I think he posted last week or so that UGA had sent out more offers? I’m hoping for all of you!!! :)

Guys none of my references have been contacted yet (to my knowledge) and I'm officially freaking tf out
Same! It’s really discouraging me but at this point I’m just trying to wait patiently. Have those people whose references been called are OOS or IS?

Members don't see this ad :)
Same! It’s really discouraging me but at this point I’m just trying to wait patiently. Have those people whose references been called are OOS or IS?
It seems like most of the ones recently have been IS. They seem to be doing things differently this cycle... seems like OOS and IS applicants are going through totally different processes.

Reactions: 1 users
Lol patience what is that? Seeing all of these other schools getting acceptances is making me go insane o_O

Reactions: 2 users
Hang in there guys! I remember exactly how it felt for me this time last year. I'm a member of the Class of 2021 at UGA. All I can say is that rumors have been flowing that decisions are... close ;). Stay tuned to your emails - mine came at around 12:30 last year.

Reactions: 8 users
I feel you :( none of my references (all but one would definitely tell me if they were) have been contacted yet either and I’m freaking out! I’m OOS

Reactions: 3 users
I feel you :( none of my references (all but one would definitely tell me if they were) have been contacted yet either and I’m freaking out! I’m OOS
I'm in exactly the same spot. Only one reference who I think might not tell me immediately.

Hi, I am a current first year student at UGA. I applied twice and got in my second time. The first time was a straight rejection and I had reference calls. The second round when I got in, I didn't have any reference calls. So even if you don't have any of yours called definitely don't count yourself out!! They use reference calls if they feel like they need to but getting one or not getting a call doesn't indicate your acceptance by any means!

Reactions: 9 users
1) I feel like reference calls don't mean anything either way. Could be good, could be to clarify, who knows...
2) Rant time: I feel like they should be more transparent about the decision process, especially given they don't interview. Regardless, I'm betting on next Friday at the earliest...

Reactions: 4 users
Hi, I am a current first year student at UGA. I applied twice and got in my second time. The first time was a straight rejection and I had reference calls. The second round when I got in, I didn't have any reference calls. So even if you don't have any of yours called definitely don't count yourself out!! They use reference calls if they feel like they need to but getting one or not getting a call doesn't indicate your acceptance by any means!
Thanks so much for this! I can't help but read into every bit of information (or lack thereof). I really needed this :)

Based on last year's timeline (I was reading last year's SDN thread) I'd say well find out next week but I'm surprised they haven't sent an approximate timeline email. None of my references have told me they've been contacted but then again I'm not sure they would tell me and I don't feel like it's my place to ask them. So I've literally heard nothing and the silence is really killing me!

Reactions: 1 user
My letter last year was post marked February 13 if that helps anyone

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you only get a physical letter or did you get an email or phonecall as well?
Email first and then my letter came a few days later in the mail. It was a rejection though lol

Thanks so much for this! I can't help but read into every bit of information (or lack thereof). I really needed this :)
Glad I could make you feel better! It's stressful especially when you're just waiting to hear back but hang in there!

I know all of you got the email as well but..... just got an email from Parker saying that decisions will be out no later than Friday, Feb 16 at 5pm!

Last edited:
Lol, he's basically saying "Stop bothering us. Don't @ me."

Reactions: 8 users
UGA EMAIL JUST GAVE ME A HEART ATTACK

Reactions: 6 users
I am happy they gave us an update though. But yes. He basically said stop calling my phone.

Reactions: 5 users
They did the same thing last year- said the deadline would be Friday 2/15, but we ended up hearing Wednesday 2/13. So sometime next week for sure!

Reactions: 6 users
You guys I almost had an actual heart attack when I got the email. I thought I might pass out. I'm terrified of getting the ACTUAL decision email. I might spontaneously combust!

Reactions: 4 users
You guys I almost had an actual heart attack when I got the email. I thought I might pass out. I'm terrified of getting the ACTUAL decision email. I might spontaneously combust!
I relate to this on a spiritual level. I don’t know if my heart can take this waiting game. :dead:

Two of my references were called last year - rejected. This year none of my references have been called. I hope I’m in the same boat!!

So.... just kidding. I had a reference called today around 4:30. :rofl:

Are most of you guys in school right now (finishing up ug)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are most of you guys in school right now (finishing up ug)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I finished in 2015. Been teching since. I'm a first time applicant this year.

I'm a junior in undergrad right now, I applied a year early since I had all the pre-reqs, so I won't finish undergrad unless I don't get in this year.

Senior undergrad here. Animal science, finishing in May!

I am a second year master of Laboratory Animal Science student. I walk in May, but really finish at end of July.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using SDN mobile

Senior undergrad here, Animal Science as well. Graduating in May!

Y'all are making me feel old...finish my Master's in Animal Science Dec 2016 so I've just been working! Any other non-traditional applicants?

Y'all are making me feel old...finish my Master's in Animal Science Dec 2016 so I've just been working! Any other non-traditional applicants?
I just finished my masters in animal science! (Walking may 18). So I’m non traditional too!

Non traditional here also. Graduated with a bachelors (unrelated field) in 2013 then I took my pre reqs from 2015-2017 all the while working as an assistant.

I'm getting my masters in May! Graduated from undergrad December 2013 and worked full time for a couple of years before returning to school

I graduated last May with my bachelor's degree in biology and graduating this May with my master's in biomedical sciences :)

Statistically speaking I'm probably older than all of you. I'm a first year, if anyone has any questions/concerns about being a non-traditional student at UGA or elsewhere feel free to hmu (I've heard from this kids that this means "hit me up").

What’s everyone’s bet on when we’ll hear this week? I’m saying Wednesday evening or Thursday morning.

5 bucks we hear on Wednesday. I like to think UGA has a romantic side.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Have they ever sent them out in the morning? It seems like it’s always afternoon/ evening