USC School of Dentistry Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Received acceptance email at 10:39am CST this morning.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Received OOS acceptance email at 12PM EST 1/22!
20AA, 18TS, 3.48 GPA

Reactions: 1 users
I asked when the next round of interviews will be sent out and they just gave a generic response of you'll get an email when you are invited.

Hey! Anyone take a gap year and successfully gain admission? I am planning on taking a gap year and have pretty decent stats, but am confused on what exactly looks best for a gap year for usc admission. TY for the help!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey! Anyone take a gap year and successfully gain admission? I am planning on taking a gap year and have pretty decent stats, but am confused on what exactly looks best for a gap year for usc admission. TY for the help!
I took several gap years! Honestly, there's no one right way to spend your gap year. Particularly if you're only taking 1 gap year, only the first ~6 months will even really matter since applications start in the summer. I'm happy to answer more specifically if you want to DM me your current stats/experiences!

I'm currently in my gap year and was accepted this cycle! Like amaze said, I think only the first 6 months really matter. Due to the way they conduct interviews, they never asked me what I was doing in the mean time. There's no right way to spend it but try to improve the areas your application is weak in! If you have good stats, volunteer/shadow or try to find a job in a dental office to gain experience and prepare you for that setting

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard any recent updates from the school?

Do you think sending a letter of interest at this point would make any difference?
Honestly, I don’t think that it would hurt. The worst that can happen is that they just don’t look at those letter.

Yeah, I suppose there's no harm in sending one
Yes, I sent one for another school and the admissions person told me that everyone can send a letter of interest. Sometimes it helps and sometimes it doesn’t do anything. What I took from that is if your application is in “maybe” pile, the letter may help. Please, just know this is my opinion and hopeful thinking haha

Has anyone heard when they will send the next round of interview invites?

Hi! I got accepted into USC! I am also in my gap year right now working at a dental office as a front desk receptionist (not even assistant haha). I retook the DAT last summer and significantly improved, so that helped a lot. A lot of schools asked me what I have been doing in the mean time during interviews.

Is there anything I can do at this moment in time to increase my chances of receiving an interview?
I have already submitted a letter of interest and shadowing hours.

Guys, if you receive an interview invitation, please let us know. Thanks.

Reactions: 4 users
I took two gap years

Guys, if you receive an interview invitation, please let us know. Thanks.
they said there will be one more interview and invites will be sent mid feb, so either this week or next im guessing. if anyone knows the exact date they will send invites please share, thank you!

Just received this response after emailing admissions directly: “Typically, we interview through March. All you can do now is wait to see if you’ve been selected for an interview, since our [application] deadline has passed.” Hope this helps!

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know the exact date interview invites will be sent? Also, how many people are typically invited per interview session?

is today mid February?? lol I've noticed they send invites on Fridays, anyone know if invites will be sent today??

the fb group already has 130 members. I'm surprised so many people have committed to usc already

I remember seeing in December the group already having 109 members. It’s hard to believe all were new accepted students. But who knows
they are not, I myself am in the group and I am applying next cycle
some ppl are just curious aha

wait really? we can join if we were not accepted? because im curious too!!
Yes, you can join but nothing really in the group much. It doesn't ask for proof of acceptance so I guess anyone can join lol

they haven't sent any post December interviews.. anyone know whats going on with them?? :(

Haha, Thanks for letting us, hopeless applicants know haha 😆
I am in the groupme chat and there are only about 40 people in there right now. And the discord there is about 30 people. Only 15 people have fully introduced themselves and stated on social media or otherwise they have committed ( paid a deposit) for class of 2025. Hope this helps.

I am in the groupme chat and there are only about 40 people in there right now. And the discord there is about 30 people. Only 15 people have fully introduced themselves and stated on social media or otherwise they have committed ( paid a deposit) for class of 2025. Hope this helps.
thank you so much for letting us know!

Oh wow! Thank you for the info. It does help!! Although, my hopes aren’t high for an interview this cycle, just given the fact how late I applied (late Nov), I appreciate you sharing with us :)

Oh wow! Thank you for the info. It does help!! Although, my hopes aren’t high for an interview this cycle, just given the fact how late I applied (late Nov), I appreciate you sharing with us :)
i applied late too (oct) as long as there’s interviews there’s hope!!!

if anyone hears anything from them regarding interviews pleaseee share!!

Reactions: 2 users
i applied late too (oct) as long as there’s interviews there’s hope!!!
That’s true!! It’s just last time I heard from them was December 9th or so saying my app was under review. Nothing since then haha. I wAnt to call or email but idk. Should I?