WWho Let the Dogs Out? - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Really?! You didn't read him as village the whole time?
No and I knew who the wolves were. You didn't either or you wouldn't have voted there. It's ok as a villager to change your mind or be wrong lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Look the focus on grebs is one of the reasons I'm village. When I'm a wolf I don't go after people like that because I know it makes me seem super sketch. But the fact of the matter is being village with no info means being wrong. That's what's awesome about being vanillager. You just go hard. I explained reasoning behind my wolf reads but I can't remember if I did it in pm or not. I honestly don't have much time today, sorry. You want lynch me feel free, please consider what I said about the others.

Lynch mpm

Just a clarifying question here, it seems like everyone in the noob game had PR. Was this so we could learn how to play with these?
Probably. Although I'm going to put on my manator hat again and say:

:prof::prof::prof::prof:

Not every role/ability is a "power role."
We can debate what a power role is (I actually just briefly this conversation with @Animal Midwife before she died lol), but personally, I would generally consider the following abilities to be "power roles":

- Seers (especially affiation seer & ability seer)
- Protector
- Tinkerer
- Tracker
- Redirector
- Upgrader

Wolf power roles would be slightly different, but include:

- Double Kill
- Unseerable/untrackable
- Alpha/unlynchable

If you want to get really nitpicky (who doesn't??)..."roles" and "abilities" are often used interchangeably, but are separate things.

Role = your title/persona (in this game, it would be whichever type of dog)
Ability = what you can do

:bookworm::bookworm::bookworm::bookworm::bookworm:

It seems like there will be many more vanillagers in this game
Yeah, and some people *cough* are maybe a little salty about it on their first game back in ~6 months :hello:

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Look the focus on grebs is one of the reasons I'm village. When I'm a wolf I don't go after people like that because I know it makes me seem super sketch. But the fact of the matter is being village with no info means being wrong. That's what's awesome about being vanillager. You just go hard. I explained reasoning behind my wolf reads but I can't remember if I did it in pm or not. I honestly don't have much time today, sorry. You want lynch me feel free, please consider what I said about the others.

Lynch mpm

So your reasoning is that you’re not a wolf because if you were, you wouldn’t be that obvious about it since you wouldn’t have to go out on limbs to get info? Just making sure I understand.

Reactions: 1 users
So your reasoning is that you’re not a wolf because if you were, you wouldn’t be that obvious about it since you wouldn’t have to go out on limbs to get info? Just making sure I understand.
I mean yes that's one of the arguments. The other is that I'm drawing attention to myself like crazy. I got super frustrated with that stagg bit but why would I have as a wolf? I wouldvewbeen overjoyed I got to kill a seer. But it'll make more sense after the fact

I mean yes that's one of the arguments. The other is that I'm drawing attention to myself like crazy. I got super frustrated with that stagg bit but why would I have as a wolf? I wouldvewbeen overjoyed I got to kill a seer. But it'll make more sense after the fact
What?

You didn't kill a seer.

And you spent time yesterday trying to discredit his info/say he would get lynched next if he was wrong, and then half of this morning basically saying he deserved it.

I mean he got a wolf lynched. I can’t imagine the wolf pack is happy about that.

Reactions: 2 users
Probably. Although I'm going to put on my manator hat again and say:

:prof::prof::prof::prof:

Not every role/ability is a "power role."
We can debate what a power role is (I actually just briefly this conversation with @Animal Midwife before she died lol), but personally, I would generally consider the following abilities to be "power roles":

- Seers (especially affiation seer & ability seer)
- Protector
- Tinkerer
- Tracker
- Redirector
- Upgrader

Wolf power roles would be slightly different, but include:

- Double Kill
- Unseerable
- Alpha/unlynchable

If you want to get really nitpicky (who doesn't??)..."roles" and "abilities" are often used interchangeably, but are separate things.

Role = your title/persona (in this game, it would be whichever type of dog)
Ability = what you can do

:bookworm::bookworm::bookworm::bookworm::bookworm:

Yeah, and some people *cough* are maybe a little salty about it on their first game back in ~6 months :hello:
Thank you. I am really not liking the idea of both protector and blocker being gone. Hoping there are some roles out there that can make up for it.

I mean he got a wolf lynched. I can’t imagine the wolf pack is happy about that.
Fair, but at that point everyone was treating the info like he was a seer. There is a proper way to go about dispensing seer info which is why I was flipping out. He THEN told be he was bluffing. But whatever
What?

You didn't kill a seer.

And you spent time yesterday trying to discredit his info/say he would get lynched next if he was wrong, and then half of this morning basically saying he deserved it.
You're right I didn't kill a seer. I didn't kill anyone. Btw I was chased last night but I guess it didn't tell them anything useful. Also I never said he deserved it. I told him several times I hope he didn't die but that's neither here nor there. My trying to "discredit" him was a) correct b) frustration because of the way he went about it.

Fair, but at that point everyone was treating the info like he was a seer. There is a proper way to go about dispensing seer info which is why I was flipping out. He THEN told be he was bluffing. But whatever

You're right I didn't kill a seer. I didn't kill anyone. Btw I was chased last night but I guess it didn't tell them anything useful. Also I never said he deserved it. I told him several times I hope he didn't die but that's neither here nor there. My trying to "discredit" him was a) correct b) frustration because of the way he went about it.

So you were upset because you thought he was going to get himself killed.

Yup. I'm guessing 4 + convert unless we start flipping some wolves with strong abilities, then maybe one less for balance purposes

Now that night is closed and I no longer have this:

I got an item night before last that lets you create a new item that you can use the next night. I made an ask a mod, and asked the mods if the wolves have the ability to convert last night. I got a yes.
So Cait, wolves had ability to convert last night, but didn't most likely because they killed 2 people, right?
@Mad Jack or Meats probably would have been my convert picks this game

Or Caiter or Allie, maybe, but Caiter doesn't like wolfing and Allie's voting record looks strange to me.

Or possibly M99 if I was feeling extra bold and wanted to give some nooblets some excitement

AM loves me right now, I know it

She probably got converted. That too-cute-cat-in-dog-suit avatar was just waiting to be a woof in a villager clothing :laugh:

I meant that I am glad that paws is calling you sketch for what I was called sketch for yesterday. I don't think paws is sketch rn...

While reading the other game I never really liked the way M# played, and thought he was chaos the whole time till the last day or so... He ended up being a village tinkerer. He isn't giving me a ton to go on right now, but he's not my number one priority...

Its really hard for me to get a read on MJ, because he posts like twice a day if that...

Coopy is giving me feels, and I feel like I want to hear more from Barkley too since they have been agreeing/voting together a lot. I wouldn't be surprised if they both voted me today. From the beginning with coop, I didn't like how he seemed to contribute nothing but tunnel on grebes. @vetmedhead I don't know to quote your post in the middle of this one, but I am replying to post 1474 here. Let me know if you want more. I can find specific posts to further elaborate if you like, but it might look similar to what others have already contributed in the way of sketchy coop posts.

Pip is pushing me hard too, but it doesn't seem like it is wolfy rn. I think it is wolf seeking.

Interested in hearing more from lawpy, because he is a maybe wolf on my list rn...

And I had allie on my village list too, so I want to know what pip sees as sketch. Maybe I will do a re-read later

Cait felt weird to me yesterday about the stagg thing since it felt a little fishy, but I might wait till tomorrow to tackle that

Hard for me to have solid village feels rn tho because I am freaked out by the idea of conversion... but it does make sense that we would have some indication it happened. And two village kills in one night is hopefully not that...
Here's the talk of conversions. Going to go through and analyze after posting
edit bc included a quote not related to conversions

Members don't see this ad :)
@ziggyandjazzy

No sorry, that was poor wording on my part.

I asked last night if wolves have the ability to convert. Not if they could convert last night.

I just want to put out there too that it would probably be easy to try to manipulate a noob or try to fish for info as a wolf but coop hasn't done either of those things and has been really helpful

Edit: I'm talking about in our PM

@ziggyandjazzy

No sorry, that was poor wording on my part.

I asked last night if wolves have the ability to convert. Not if they could convert last night.
Right, so just that we should be expecting conversions at some point. important info to know

So far I'm feeling village for coop and dolphin from talking to them in PMs and from what has been said on thread
I would like to see more from cray, MSU, and MJ
And for wolfy I still don't feel good about mpm for reasons I stated before and want to look at lawper more to see why other people think he's sketchy
And for the rest I need to go back and look more

Also driving back home today. Pulled over for lunch but will probably not be back on for about 3 hours, so sorry if I’m delayed in answering any other question about things.

Unofficial Day 4 Lynch Tally
Coop (1) - mpm
mpm (3) - Lawpy, Matt, Coop
MJ (1) - Pippy

5/17
lynch close in ~5.5 hours

Ok so my boyfriend is going to be pissed if I don't finish looking at this right now. lol
Again playing with quite a few new people, that seem to know what they are doing, but I'll share how I feel at this point and cast a vote so I don't accidentally not vote later.
Agreed it could be seen as weird for AM to not be as aggressive/out there as yesterday, but not something I'm willing to condone right away, I don't think their responses are coming off as defensive at all either.
Caiter started to creep me out today, no offense. Was asking a lot of direct questions and then more recently has narrowed in (with others) on AM. I don't get a good vibe from this, but I could be wrong not knowing their style.
Alli doesn't seem to be very helpful to me at this time. Not malicious, but very neutral or not providing much.
Pippy does seem to be prodding, but I'm unsure where to place them. Can't decide how I feel on them atm. Will see how they question others in the future.
Stagg - idk I have to look back, but a lot of your posts are long and I had to skim a little due to time constraint (being honest)

I'm interested that I haven't seemed to hear more about the Show group's fiasco that seemed to be the center of attention yesterday...

Currently due to personal vibes and not wanting my boyfriend to lynch me. XD - Sorry for the rushed vote but I know it's better to vote something than nothing at all.
Lynch Caiter

How do you feel about caiter now?

Very interested as to why the focus on grebes made you village? It's funny, your focus on grebes is one of the reasons I have you as wolf... If this is a wrong way of thinking I will be very confused... I might just be bothered because his reasons for wanting to lynch grebes feel threatening to me, especially because even after grebes flips villager, Coop comes at me with the exact same argument. It just feels weird.

This sounds overly defensive to me. They've had a few posts like yhis. Not sure if noob or wolfy. Will check back later. Just joting down where I am. Still need to catch up but lol not going to happen tonight.

Ok at this point it's starting to sound a bit like a noob wolf. Just the desperate tone of it. Maybe it's just me. I feel like I do this all the damn time confusing noob and wolfy oh well people will deal.

Oh boy, this is retaliatory to the max. Also pretty sure people will have covered this but eh.

Well I'm pretty sold on my grebs lynch right now because she's acting the exact same way I did as a noob wolf. Spout things nonstop in a panic and then realize it's making you look sketch and stfu the next day. If I'm wrong about the order of event someone correct me but I feel good about this.

It's ok nooblet, takes time and practice if you're a villager you just need to calm down and look at things rationally and try to form an argument. If you are a woof you need to calm down and not get panicked every time someone accused you of being a woof. Takes practice.

Also she probably does have a PR, just not necessarily a village one. Eh honestly, I might change my mind. We'll see how things go

Sketch. Don't like this.

Honestly I doubt it. There was no suspicion on her and she didn't expect to die. It's still a possibility to consider and I would never recommend blindly trusting someone, but those people are soft cleared for me. Except AM she's definitely hard cleared

I know that vetmedhead made this point first, but it has really stuck with me. Maybe I'm tunneling. Help me understand if I'm not seeing things clearly. It is weird that coop immediately agreed that list would have no wolves. I understand now that it was naive of me to think otherwise.

This whole reasons business is crap. Just saying. I'm happy sporty is getting craked but for #reasons is stupid

exactly, it's stupid. For multiple #reasons. Just going along blindly is awful. There's so many sheep I can't breathe

passive aggressive and comes off weird that Coop would be so against something she supposedly wants...

You're crazy because I'm on that list, no worries though, this always happens.

"Look at me I'm definitely not a wolf. Haha this is a joke for sure, but I'm also serious. But PetMoosey is bad because she is nooby or nooby wolfy for claiming villager."

I gave my wolf reads before lunch close did you miss it? I'm not fishing it up again for you

Strangely short/snappy

Because I was right. Stagg did not have seer info. He literally told me he was bluffing. But the way he went about it got him killed. I honestly don't care that I look sketch, the whole goal of this game is to rile people up until they make a mistake (other people don't necessarily play that way).

I'm uncomfy with this. Its weird to me that you went along with this plan to some extent, or at least knew about it. How did you know Stagg was even village? And your wording just makes me feel weird about you.

But then you go and do this...

You are making sense right now a bit, which hurts my argument. Being in this situation probably sucked, if you were telling the truth. I'll give you that, but it could have been handled better I think.

So you were upset because you thought he was going to get himself killed.

Barkley, I want to hear more from you about the grebes situation too... are you sure you aren't being pocketed?

Tin foil/role speculation for today:

If wolves had an EoN upgrader or an EoN pack boost ability of some kind:

N1: no upgrade
N2: Upgrade wolf blocker or use a 1x pack block (meaning mel's block didn't go through)
N3: freaking weirdness with resolving the decision tree with regards to AM's role; (SAR's) assassin shot on jboo goes through, but the hydra also bites the dust
N4: Upgrade regular wolf kill/use 1x pack kill (meaning, AM's second shot died with her)

If it's a player who has a boost ability, there is probably a wolf blocker and a vanilla wolf still in play, because they probably wouldn't be allowed to upgrade the same person twice in a row. However, that doesn't explain the choice of blocking over killing.

But...if it's a standardized pack-wide boost move set, then it's gaining strength as time goes on, because double kill >>> double block, and they would almost definitely have used it earlier if they could have.

So, maybe it gains momentum as more wolves die (maybe as they get cornered, they get more dangerous?), or the longer the pack survives.

Wait what?

All I asked is if the wolves had the ability to convert. Not if they could convert last Night.
No, I know.

I was just joking around about how you could have tried to sneak in a "2 for the price of 1" question by playing with the wording, but mods probably rightfully wouldn't approve that kind of shenanigans lol

I just feel like giving the mods some **** today, carry on

I'm covering the inpatient psych service for the holiday until Wednesday evening and haven't really had a chance to catch up. I try not to WW at work because, well, you've seen how mixed up I get with WW things in the past, imagine me being distracted and writing patient notes. It would be literally dangerous. Back on outpatient clinic after that though, so I'll be much more able to follow then. Going to catch up on the thread before I post.

Not sure if this has been brought up yet- but does anyone have thoughts about sporty potentially opening up a PM with a fellow wolf the first day as a cover (ziggy)? There were a few people who thought her first PM choice was weird.

@ziggyandjazzy I know you have a lot to get caught up on but can you please post your reads sometime tomorrow?
I think it's more likely she was trying to pocket a newer player, why waste the use of an ability when you can own a noob?

I try not to WW at work because, well, you've seen how mixed up I get with WW things in the past, imagine me being distracted and writing patient notes. It would be literally dangerous.
I have not actually seen this in recent memory; you're typically perma-checked out these days (sorry, I don't mean that as negative as it sounds, but I wouldn't classify you as highly active)

I try not to WW at work because, well, you've seen how mixed up I get with WW things in the past, imagine me being distracted and writing patient notes. It would be literally dangerous.
*Grumbles* because that's fair, and I like giving people the benefit of the doubt for being real-world responsible, and I'm going to keep doing it even though I've gotten screwed before by being nice.

Ugggghhhh

Unlynch MJ

Edit: if you are a wolf and authorize a kill on me between now and Wednesday, I will be real world ticked off at you

Now that night is closed and I no longer have this:

I got an item night before last that lets you create a new item that you can use the next night. I made an ask a mod, and asked the mods if the wolves have the ability to convert last night. I got a yes.
Has anyone else had this item? Just curious because it could help us sort out bull**** if we know who has had it so that wolves can't claim some nonsense about "oh, you spied on me/saw me do X! I had the item that let me do the thing, that's totally not what happened!"

Very interested as to why the focus on grebes made you village? It's funny, your focus on grebes is one of the reasons I have you as wolf... If this is a wrong way of thinking I will be very confused... I might just be bothered because his reasons for wanting to lynch grebes feel threatening to me, especially because even after grebes flips villager, Coop comes at me with the exact same argument. It just feels weird.

Sketch. Don't like this.

I know that vetmedhead made this point first, but it has really stuck with me. Maybe I'm tunneling. Help me understand if I'm not seeing things clearly. It is weird that coop immediately agreed that list would have no wolves. I understand now that it was naive of me to think otherwise.

passive aggressive and comes off weird that Coop would be so against something she supposedly wants...

"Look at me I'm definitely not a wolf. Haha this is a joke for sure, but I'm also serious. But PetMoosey is bad because she is nooby or nooby wolfy for claiming villager."

Strangely short/snappy

I'm uncomfy with this. Its weird to me that you went along with this plan to some extent, or at least knew about it. How did you know Stagg was even village? And your wording just makes me feel weird about you.

But then you go and do this...

You are making sense right now a bit, which hurts my argument. Being in this situation probably sucked, if you were telling the truth. I'll give you that, but it could have been handled better I think.

Barkley, I want to hear more from you about the grebes situation too... are you sure you aren't being pocketed?

I'm pretty sure Stagg was widely considered to be village at this point considering he had just outed a wolf

and yes I'm pretty sure I'm not being pocketed.

We think 5 wolves total, probably? Everyone in agreement on that as a reasonable number for starting with 26 players?
While there's most likely 5 non-villagers, I'm really curious if there's a second faction player that could account for some of the other kills. Whether they are a wolf or not doesn't really matter, I guess, because either way it's 5 bodies we need to find

Wanted to revisit some of Sporty's posts. Just as jboozy shaded Pawsy dismissively, Sporty criticized Pippy sharply. I'm pretty confident that Pippy is village. Pippy and Pawsy are my strongest village reads.
Pippy is reading pretty strong village, and sporty pushing hard at her just gave me wolfy vibes for the sportster and further reinforced my pips is village feels once we saw what color she was bleeding

Because I was right. Stagg did not have seer info. He literally told me he was bluffing. But the way he went about it got him killed. I honestly don't care that I look sketch, the whole goal of this game is to rile people up until they make a mistake (other people don't necessarily play that way).
In the context of you being sketchy, this reads as very sketchy

So ziggy and matt are reading strong village for me, given that it's looking pretty obvious they were pocket attempts, and their posting just doesn't read wolfy at all

I'm pretty sure Stagg was widely considered to be village at this point considering he had just outed a wolf

and yes I'm pretty sure I'm not being pocketed.
I agree that Stagg was widely concidered village after Sporty started wolf bragging, but still- if someone talked to you in PMs that you didn't 100% know was village, saying- hey, I'm gonna lynch so and so for #reasons. And you don't like said #reasons- don't you think that A- they are seer B- they are wolf C- they are making **** up bc they wanna die/are protecting someone else? B was still an option before sporty flipped guys. B was an option. Its weird that I am bringing it up now maybe... but to some extent if you don't trust him, why trust him, ya kno? I might be talking in circles, but whatever.

And okay barks, just keep an eye out, because I don't trust Coop. Tbh, I'm don't find you to be the most trustworthy right now either. I just thought it was because you are noob and being pocketed. But maybe you are wolf pocketing Coop...

Everyone, after I die, watch this weird relationship they have. I think either one of them is a wolf or both of them are.