Sherlock WW Official Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I'm 5' 6" so I don't technically need to, but it's fun.

I had the browning last night and didn't use it. Since ksmi wants to pull out the fact that there were gunshots last night there were gunshots on the night she had it too.

I had the browning last night and didn't use it. Since ksmi wants to pull out the fact that there were gunshots last night there were gunshots on the night she had it too.

Pretty sure I already said that. And mentioned that having it doesn't look to great for me, but I didn't use it and I think being honest about having it is better than trying to hide it. I didn't mention having it on the open thread when I did because wolves have been able to steal objects in other games and I didn't want to make it easy for them to steal if that was a possibility.

The main difference in our stories is that two people didn't die the nights I had it.

Good morning! Just caught up on the thread finally and i haven't taken any detailed notes or anything this game because I haven't had time, but I do know we've got an awful lot of cleared players. There could easily be a wolf that gives false investigation results, I think there has been in every game I've played.
Just a couple things:
@orcagirl--when did you clear kakurubird, if you don't mind me asking?

And @DVMdream, except in the beginning of the game when I had more time to speculate and strategize (hence why I was PMing more) I really haven't had any info to share or anything exciting to PM about, which is why I haven't been PMing much. Believe me if I have something to share I'll definitely let you know, but I've never been one to PM a ton just to do it unless I have something useful to say. Just like I don't like to post a lot unless it's helpful, I don't post just to post.

I actually look at people who do post just to post as potential wolfies :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol I love that this has turned into a height discussion while waiting for results.

Sorry if i'm in and out the next few hours...I need to finish my poster, do laundry, and pack to go home :)

2. SnS: It seems odd for PP to die right after or very soon after you discover who she is. There is also about a 33% chance of you being a wolf (either you are, TW is or neither of you are).

3. Ksmi117: Your posts have not had any value or meaning behind them. You have also voted for only 3 people in total: wildcat, wldlfstnt, and CFC. Also, it is possible that if Dandelion was suspicious of heylodeb (and if heylodeb is a wolf) that you had that information and that is why she is now dead.

4. Heylodeb: Either you are a wolf or got stuck in the wrong place at the wrong time. It seems odd that right after you figured out who the seer was, the seer dies. It could be a coincidence that the wolves discovered it at the exact same time, but I am not sure. Or you told someone else in your group who the seer was and they are a wolf but something seems odd here for it all to just be a coincidence.

5. There is one group with no wolf...

There are now two groups without a wolf - Devyn and I are all alone in our group here. :)

If I counted right, and make the assumption there aren't any groups with TWO wolves, we started with six, and are down to five (not counting conversion possibility).

FWIW, my suspicion list lines up with DVMDs... So as people get the investigatory item, those are the peeps we should look at. Make sure you get the results out somehow so we don't keep re-investigating them.

Option 3. Of course i'm going to clear people in my group if I have an item that does so. I cleared her night 2, we are now on night 5. I am assuming either the wolves have a seer, or the pocket magnifier fell into their hands after it rng'ed away from me, or they randomly guessed.

The odds of them randomly guessing both our seer and protector in the same night seem lower than the likelihood they had some info that led them to those kills.

I'm not buying that Dyachei suicided out of the game, even as a conversion refusal.

The odds of them randomly guessing both our seer and protector in the same night seem lower than the likelihood they had some info that led them to those kills.

I'm not buying that Dyachei suicided out of the game, even as a conversion refusal.

I agree with this.... the wolves had to know who the seer and protector were in order to kill them - it is really bizarre both died in one night. And I don't think Dyachei would choose death over conversion.

No I def. agree the likelihood is lower, I was just throwing it out there as an option. Perhaps one was a guess, one was investigated, or they have/had the pocket magnifier and a seer, or they were investigated on different nights? :confused:

My suspicions list:

SnS/TW - Just been jumping out at me the whole game. I don't think they both are but I believe one is. I am mostly suspicious of SnS for a couple reasons. The first is how strongly she responded to my post that I was suspicious of one of them (back right in the beginning) I was merely putting thoughts out there and her response was over the top, I think. I'm suspicious of TW simply because she has a crazy ability to get people to trust her and if SnS isn't a wolf, I'm 99% sure that TW is! I'm worried about SnS being a wolf because she is who cleared me but it could be a ploy by the wolves to get me killed after/if SnS goes.

Wldlfstdnt - this is a weak one, but when we messaged back and forth in our group at the very beginning, she was the only one not to reply. I know when I was a wolf, I just didn't say anything because I didn't want to incriminate myself. Nohika (and Abney) responded back right away when I told them I didn't know anything about the folklore of the game. Not exactly a long conversation but they seemed "villager'ish". Like I said, Weak ideas....

Kakurubird - I think DVMD's thoughts on the vest being used/no deaths is a good thought process.

As for my defense - there is nothing I can add. I did not tell anyone in my group who I saw with the CCTV cameras since I still have no reason to fully trust either of them. I was actually waiting for Dyachei to talk in the thread to see what results she came out with in order to figure out if Abbers was a wolf or not.

As for dyachei being killed the next day - complete chance and I understand the suspicions against me but I am not a wolf!

Sorry if this isn't clear. I'm literally thinking out loud. None is meant to be cryptic so feel free to ask for clarificiation. I've got about 40 minutes before I need to head off to ride pony/go to work!

After the success of stopping abber’s criminal shooting spree, everyone went their own ways for the night in a hopeful frame of mind. The surveillance cameras stayed focused on the Back Garden. Someone thought they saw a figure laughing crazily amongst that strange fog. And someone else ran from the House, pale and shaking, to hide away from everyone.

When the sun had risen and the officers started looking around, wldlfstdnt made a tragic discovery. “No, not devyn!” The body was slumped over on the ground, head bashed in. “It looks like someone hit her with the butt of a gun, over and over...”

devyn, otherwise known as Soo Lin Yao, a Yarder, has died!

Not including Head Officer Sheeps, 15 players remain:
Pink Division
1. TigerWillow
2. PetPony - John Watson, the army doctor
3. SnS
4. zanydogz - Seb Wilkes

Banker Division
1. krist
2. DVMDream
3. SOV
4. CorporateFatCat - Angelo

Game Division
1. nohika
2. heylodeb
3. wldlfstdnt
4. Abney - Mike Stamford

Scandal Division
1. LIS
2. dyachei - Greg Lestrade, the Detective Inspector
3. devyn - Soo Lin Yao
4. abbercadaver - Sebastian Moran, the sniper

Hounds Division
1. orcagirl
2. kakurubird
3. Jamr0ckin
4. wildcatj - Andrew West

Reichenbach Division
1. Dandelion18 - D.I. Dimmock
2. Philliab
3. holdonhope
4. ksmi117

It is now Day 6. Please vote for one player to lynch. Day closes at 8 pm CDT or when plurality has been reached.

KILL THE WOLVES!!!!! AVENGE MY DEATH!!!!!!

dean%20cry.gif

Barring any other results coming out: My suspicions are posted above the results.

Lynch SnS

and sorry, Devyn. :( Didn't mean to brush over your death....

Well, I guess seeing as I am on so many people's suspicious lists, I might as well tell you who I am. I welcome investigation.

I am Irene Adler, the woman (ie Holmes' gf/love interest), a yarder. No actions to speak of. It was just luck of the RNG I had the pocket magnifier for the first 3 nights. I had intended to investigate zany the 3rd night (to clear my whole group), but she was lynched while I was asleep. And with both TW and I having similar suspicions about Heylo, I investigated her the 3rd night just to be sure what she said on the thread checked out.

Official Vote Tally:

ksmi117 - 1
(DVMD)
SnS - 1 (heylodeb)

Contingency votes - 1

Alright, I have things to do so I'm going to disappear for a while. Either cuit will have time to tally new votes or I'll do it when I get back.

The leaves are purple and sticking their tongues out at me! I am sitting on a chair of marshmallows, it is silky smooth and smells like popcorn. The air is thin as bricks.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app

The mail is black but the dog is a swingset.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app

Good morning! Just caught up on the thread finally and i haven't taken any detailed notes or anything this game because I haven't had time, but I do know we've got an awful lot of cleared players. There could easily be a wolf that gives false investigation results, I think there has been in every game I've played.
Just a couple things:
@orcagirl--when did you clear kakurubird, if you don't mind me asking?

And @DVMdream, except in the beginning of the game when I had more time to speculate and strategize (hence why I was PMing more) I really haven't had any info to share or anything exciting to PM about, which is why I haven't been PMing much. Believe me if I have something to share I'll definitely let you know, but I've never been one to PM a ton just to do it unless I have something useful to say. Just like I don't like to post a lot unless it's helpful, I don't post just to post.

I actually look at people who do post just to post as potential wolfies :rolleyes:

Night 4, which was the night before last.

My suspicions list:

SnS/TW - Just been jumping out at me the whole game. I don't think they both are but I believe one is. I am mostly suspicious of SnS for a couple reasons. The first is how strongly she responded to my post that I was suspicious of one of them (back right in the beginning) I was merely putting thoughts out there and her response was over the top, I think. I'm suspicious of TW simply because she has a crazy ability to get people to trust her and if SnS isn't a wolf, I'm 99% sure that TW is! I'm worried about SnS being a wolf because she is who cleared me but it could be a ploy by the wolves to get me killed after/if SnS goes.

Wldlfstdnt - this is a weak one, but when we messaged back and forth in our group at the very beginning, she was the only one not to reply. I know when I was a wolf, I just didn't say anything because I didn't want to incriminate myself. Nohika (and Abney) responded back right away when I told them I didn't know anything about the folklore of the game. Not exactly a long conversation but they seemed "villager'ish". Like I said, Weak ideas....

Kakurubird - I think DVMD's thoughts on the vest being used/no deaths is a good thought process.

As for my defense - there is nothing I can add. I did not tell anyone in my group who I saw with the CCTV cameras since I still have no reason to fully trust either of them. I was actually waiting for Dyachei to talk in the thread to see what results she came out with in order to figure out if Abbers was a wolf or not.

As for dyachei being killed the next day - complete chance and I understand the suspicions against me but I am not a wolf!

Sorry if this isn't clear. I'm literally thinking out loud. None is meant to be cryptic so feel free to ask for clarificiation. I've got about 40 minutes before I need to head off to ride pony/go to work!

I agree with most of those, except Kakuru. It'd be interesting to look at who else was silenced after night 1. I know mine was being being shot (as the result of a failed attack). And it's impossible to say whether or not silencing someone that same night would stop a kill. Maybe the wolf was silenced as a result of not killing their intended target. I do really agree with the first one.

So someone tried to blackmail me last night but it didn't work.

I think I know who it was. If it was through the photos, it was random and not from a wolf.

I'm sorry to lose you Devyn. :(

Well, I guess seeing as I am on so many people's suspicious lists, I might as well tell you who I am. I welcome investigation.

I am Irene Adler, the woman (ie Holmes' gf/love interest), a yarder. No actions to speak of. It was just luck of the RNG I had the pocket magnifier for the first 3 nights. I had intended to investigate zany the 3rd night (to clear my whole group), but she was lynched while I was asleep. And with both TW and I having similar suspicions about Heylo, I investigated her the 3rd night just to be sure what she said on the thread checked out.

I don't buy that Irene Adler is good. http://bbc-sherlock.wikia.com/wiki/Irene_Adler this link goes on to say how manipulative she is. And at one point she drugs Sherlock. lynch SnS

It'd be interesting to look at who else was silenced after night 1.

I was silenced on ... night 3, I think. I remember being annoyed that I was mostly gone for the first few days of the game and then came back just in time to discover I was silenced.

Somebody healed me mid-day, though.

So someone tried to blackmail me last night but it didn't work.

Um, sorry. I had them and didn't make the deadline so they were RNGed. I was also told it didn't work but wasn't given a reason why. Again, sorry... It wasn't intentional at all. On the road to the beach and kinda loopy because my doctor has me on 20mg of prednisone twice a day!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile

I dunno. I told you everything my role PM said. I read that link when I got it and was confused too, but the mods assured me I was good. So :shrug:

the mods had to assure you that you were good? My PM said pretty darn clearly that I was a yarder and a villager.

I dunno. I told you everything my role PM said. I read that link when I got it and was confused too, but the mods assured me I was good. So :shrug:

I agree with Heylo, it's kind of weird you had to ask the mods. I just don't see how this character could simply be a yarder without a role if it is good. Also have you cleared TW?