¿QQué Hora Es? - Official WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh, just one last thing, I almost wish I were a wolf, so I could wolf-brag and expedite this process, but I'm not. Here's my big reveal - I'm Fernando del Toro, I'm a klutz and can sacrifice myself to save someone from lynch or night kill. I legit had a busy few days and wasn't able to check in the way I normally do, sorry. Good luck village.

Members don't see this ad.

So you guys...slow your roll. I actually think @Jilary is telling the truth. The way her character description reads sounds very similar to how mine begins. AND! This is what originally felt "off" to me:

"You blunder into bad situations so often you may choose to sacrifice yourself to save someone from a lynch."

The writing in the descriptions has been solid, except this sentence reads poorly. I thought Jil must have made it up since it was clunky. But it makes sense IF SHE DELETED A CLAUSE - about saving someone from a night kill.

I think we may be seriously ****ing up if we lynch Jil, and all that has transpired is making me doubt LIS's earlier wolf vibe. Therefore I am changing my vote to the most-wolfy person on my list.

Unlynch LIS, lynch Snowy.

Members don't see this ad :)
God this is why I'm super duper careful to always mimic descriptions the same way for everyone in my games. I'm annoyed at myself for even using this.

Reactions: 1 users
*sigh* I am changing my vote for one reason only. I have only one time seen a person ask mods to close where they were not a wolf, it was in the lounge before jilary's time. I will not again use it as a sign of villagerness for a while since I brought it up, but.... (Also aside I missed the fact that jil did not include beginning of pm). With that said jil, some of us are on the wolf kill table, and if you can sacrifice yourself tonight, we can bring more people to a safer state. So please, sacrifice yourself to help the village To.

*******unynch jil, lunch snowy******

Reactions: 1 user
"Often" is *VASTLY* overstating it, in my experience.

So you're "going off the last game" but describing it as "often an alpha wolf can kill every other night"?

Hm. Maybe that's fair, but then it begs the question of why a newer player would say "often" - should be smart enough to realize "uh, I haven't played much, so maybe that's not a great way to characterize it".

It's also a dangerous thing. Newer mods often seriously underestimate the impact of something like giving the wolves an extra kill (especially if it is EON).

You must have assumed?

Either you assumed it or you read it. Which is it?

Ugh. Yes. Bad word use. I have to remember I have only played a couple games, it is ignorant to use such strong language. I thought it was labelled a common role on mafiauniverse and was going from my memory of reading through role descriptions on mafiauniverse in the basics game. Alpha/Godfather was a common role but that was not the second kill ability. I assumed based on something I thought I read, but since I couldn't find the role on mafiauniverse, it was probably what someone had told me or I don't know how I came up with that thought. I am an overconfident, scatterbrained person so can I blame it on my personality? I can pm you my role if that makes you feel better and gets this rabbit trail over with, not that its important.

I wonder if that means we have an affiliation seer who could/can look at women. As a mechanism, it would be interesting to have multiple seers that each could look at half the population of players.... kinda gives the villagers a little 'insulation' from losing a seer early.

I was thinking this too.. But that would be a lot of seering wouldn't it for only 22 player game?

As an aside, whether they block Jilary will be a good test to see whether the blocker is a wolf or not

Your name is HYGEBEORHT, a young man with BACKSTORY. ABILITY.
Grrrr. K. Remove that from my calculations.

*sigh* I am changing my vote for one reason only. I have only one time seen a person ask mods to close where they were not a wolf, it was in the lounge before jilary's time. I will not again use it as a sign of villagerness for a while since I brought it up, but.... (Also aside I missed the fact that jil did not include beginning of pm). With that said jil, some of us are on the wolf kill table, and if you can sacrifice yourself tonight, we can bring more people to a safer state. So please, sacrifice yourself to help the village To.

*******unynch jil, lunch snowy******
She pushed the lynch to plurality and close in the basics game, which is somewhat similar...

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I have spent way too much time on this today and I'm going to pay for it this week I'm sure. So, I haven't told the whole truth. When I first role-revealed to snowy in pm, I didn't really trust her, still don't, so I left off part of my ability. I can sacrifice myself to save someone from a lynch OR night kill. So I was hoping to live through today to sacrifice myself overnight, no it doesn't change villager numbers, but it would save someone who is more actively playing. That is how I could guarantee that it would prove my villager status, because I'd be dead, no need to lynch someone who is dead. I didn't think I'd ever use my ability when I read my role pm, but I thought this could possibly be my one chance to help. Whether you lynch me now or I sacrifice myself overnight, either way I'll be dead by morning. Looks like I'll be lynched, which makes me sad since I really did want to help.

Buenas noches todos. Sorry I sucked this game.

High likelihood of saving a random wolf kill not worth it, especially since you could have used it last light and we would be up at least one useful ability.

Why didn't you do this last night then, when people were contingency lynching you yesterday? I don't like the sudden change of heart to do this, after narrowly avoiding lynch yesterday

Seconded. Sorry Jil but you've been wishy washy for awhile.

As an aside, whether they block Jilary will be a good test to see whether the blocker is a wolf or not

Wouldn't anyone blocker her? Wolf block means she survives and get a villager killed tonight, and then gets lynched tomorrow? Almost same for village block right? Unless you see something I don't.

Day 4 Lynch Tally

Jilary (4) - LIS, Pippy, Trilt, nohika
Bjeh (2) - Snowy, Ny
Goose (3) - Bjeh, Jil, 3m
LIS () -
Cyndia (1) - WM
Snowy (3) - Goose, Hyge, stl

13/17 votes accounted for
Lynch ends in ~3 hours

High likelihood of saving a random wolf kill not worth it, especially since you could have used it last light and we would be up at least one useful ability.

Seconded. Sorry Jil but you've been wishy washy for awhile.

Wouldn't anyone blocker her? Wolf block means she survives and get a villager killed tonight, and then gets lynched tomorrow? Almost same for village block right? Unless you see something I don't.
As in villager blocker shouldn't block her to let her show her ability. And tbh, I am actually happy with wolves spending their block there tn for reasons. We may mislynch her tomorrow, but we may still get another day regardless

Lynch Snowy because she's a mean drunk and didn't like my dancing

I think only you would be crazy enough to do that. (ps I'm only a male character in the game in real life I'm just another she)
Yeah I thought as much...but it is just too funny to imagine a flamboyant, shirtless telenovela dude saying "I can't eh-stand eet anymorrrre! MI VOTO ES POR SNOWY!"

Reactions: 3 users
Every villager (n=3 for those who have checked in) pm starts the same. Hers starts the way that I would do it as a baby mod, where it says person 1 - you are, person 2 - you are. While all of ours starts in a different manner.

Edit: Tis the issue when you copy and paste your role pm as a wolf. I am up for people discounting this, but looks promising thus far.

Your name is HYGEBEORHT, a young man with BACKSTORY. ABILITY.

Wait? Isn't this the formatting Jil had? Am a missing something. My description is the same as hyge, but looking back it looks like Jil's is too?

Okay I'm willing to let Jil try to take the fall for another villager. For the record, I have a feeling it won't work due to the many possibilities listed above, but on the off chance it does it saves us a lynch and a villager.

That being said,

Lynch Snowy

Like I just said, I thought the question asker would have picked me last night. I can't figure out why they chose you over the 3 top suspects yesterday. I actually messaged the mods after the night write up and said "seriously? No one tried anything on me last night?" Whatever. It's done, I'm done. There is literally nothing I could have done today to convince those voting for me to switch. Hopefully now you can start looking for actual wolves.

If I was pretty convinced that you were a wolf, I wouldn't ask you a question either in their shoes. I'd move on to someone I was worried about but uncertain about, and just plan to find out about you via good old-fashioned lynching.

Rationale is: If you're <very suspicious> about someone, you're just wasting the ability finding out what you already think you know.

Ugh. Yes. Bad word use. I have to remember I have only played a couple games, it is ignorant to use such strong language. I thought it was labelled a common role on mafiauniverse and was going from my memory of reading through role descriptions on mafiauniverse in the basics game. Alpha/Godfather was a common role but that was not the second kill ability. I assumed based on something I thought I read, but since I couldn't find the role on mafiauniverse, it was probably what someone had told me or I don't know how I came up with that thought. I am an overconfident, scatterbrained person so can I blame it on my personality? I can pm you my role if that makes you feel better and gets this rabbit trail over with, not that its important.

I'm always happy to be PM'd role claims, but ...

... I'm not highly worried at this point. It was an oddity, but like I said, I'm 50:50 on whether it's just n00bness or sketchiness.

I was thinking this too.. But that would be a lot of seering wouldn't it for only 22 player game?

Depends. I mean, it only allows for half the population for each seer. And if it were odd/even nights... then it actually would be MORE restrictive seering than usual (since they'd have to be sure they were seering the right gender).

I dunno. I didn't think it through a ton. It just struck me as ... interesting.

@SnowshoeDog143 and @amgoose319 - now would be a great time to start defending, unless we want to play the last minute lynch game (which may be inevitable)

What do you want? FB voted for me the first day, but I don't know her so I don't know how common it would be for her to vote another wolf D1. I messaged my role to Ny and LIS. I don't even know though if people would recognize a message from my ability, but I guess maybe pippy might know something from N2? My reads follow in no particular order:

Village lean: nohkia, WM, kc (prob), pippy, stl, trilt, 3m, ny, hyge

Not sure: LIS (more village lean), Jil (more wolf lean), NSFW (more vil lean)

Wolf: goose, cyn

Chaos or wolf: bjeh

I have a lot of people as village and as I'm looking, I haven't considered anyone for conversion yet. I voted kc D1 because her posting style seemed very similar to her wolf game in whatever the last game she was a wolf (basics?) though now I think I believe her with that item (though I still don't trust the item - it just happens I feel village leaning about the rest of the people in that family for other reasons). I voted cyn D2 because of her super long post which I still think is uncharacteristic (though as people have been reminding me all game, I'm new and shouldn't make sweeping generalizations). I could still vote for her. Yesterday I voted NSFW because I got super frusturated with my posting restriction and his talk about margaritas made me think he was the one handing them out and since the restriction wasn't helpful I thought it was a chaos or wolf move. Now after seeing AM's non-helpful village role, he is starting to lean village with a sketchy role. Anything else you want me to elaborate on?

Um.

I'm missing something, like, super obvious. What is the deal with carrots in this game?
I'm guessing nothing. It's one of those first-semester-Spanish words that people think are super hilarious. I mean, we have families named Tits, Wolves, Crazies, Carrots, and Random.

If I was pretty convinced that you were a wolf, I wouldn't ask you a question either in their shoes. I'd move on to someone I was worried about but uncertain about, and just plan to find out about you via good old-fashioned lynching.

Rationale is: If you're <very suspicious> about someone, you're just wasting the ability finding out what you already think you know.
^I never seered my top suspicion in the last game when I was a seer. I knew I was going to lynch them, and if they came up village I wasn't going to out myself telling on them anyway... stuck with people I was kinda iffy on and just pushed the lynches where I wanted them.

Day 4 Lynch Tally

Jilary (4) - LIS, Pippy, Trilt, nohika
Bjeh (2) - Snowy, Ny
Goose (3) - Bjeh, Jil, 3m
LIS () -
Cyndia (1) - WM
Snowy (5) - Goose, Hyge, stl, NSFW, KC

15/17 votes accounted for
Lynch ends in ~3 hours

I don't like the letting Jilary live thing. Too many variables.

1) If someone else dies, she can claim to have been blocked. No way for us to say it wasn't a wolf block, right? She could be a wolf, they decide to kill someone else, and then they laugh as she posts about having been blocked.

2) We could consider having the village protector protect her while she uses her ability. If I were modding, that would mean a no-kill night because wolves would try to kill <someone>, target would shift to her, and she would be protected. As a one-time ability, it wouldn't work again, though. But that's just if I were modding.

If we had *ahem* a tracker, it might be more useful because we could watch her. But I don't know if we do.

I'm guessing nothing. It's one of those first-semester-Spanish words that people think are super hilarious. I mean, we have families named Tits, Wolves, Crazies, Carrots, and Random.

Ironically, my wife is a Spanish major, and my kids started taking Spanish (and Latin) in kindergarten. I, on the other hand, don't remember any Spanish (and only knew a little bit from my time learning Portugese when I lived in Brazil).

It took me until now to know I was in the Carrot group. :)

I have to leave for work. I'm going to sit on my Jilary lynch. It might be my stubbornness getting in the way of good decision-making, but ... I really think we need to resolve it, and letting her live doesn't guarantee resolution.

I've said my piece... :) G'luck with the rest of the lynch, all.

N
I don't like the letting Jilary live thing. Too many variables.

1) If someone else dies, she can claim to have been blocked. No way for us to say it wasn't a wolf block, right? She could be a wolf, they decide to kill someone else, and then they laugh as she posts about having been blocked.

2) We could consider having the village protector protect her while she uses her ability. If I were modding, that would mean a no-kill night because wolves would try to kill <someone>, target would shift to her, and she would be protected. As a one-time ability, it wouldn't work again, though. But that's just if I were modding.

If we had *ahem* a tracker, it might be more useful because we could watch her. But I don't know if we do.
i think we should let Jilary do her thing, and I will leave it at that.

Um.

I'm missing something, like, super obvious. What is the deal with carrots in this game?

*Edit: gifs just aren't working for me today =( had to use the youtube video. This is what it makes me think of..*

okay on further PMing i am inclined to believe Snowy's claim. not sure how much a vouch from me means, but it might be better to lose Jil's role (if she's telling the truth) or look at amgoose.

Oh **** that brings her up on my list if everyone elses is "your name is ___"
Gonna quote it since no one seems to go back and check what she copy/pasted:

"Your name is Fernando del Toro, a show favourite thanks to your selfless nature. However, you are not very smart and definitely a clutz. But this is what your girlfriend Dolores adores about you. She’s been withdrawn of late but you’re sure that nothing is wrong. You blunder into bad situations so often you may choose to sacrifice yourself to save someone from a lynch."

It's the same, hon. The BEGINNING beginning where it's like "welcome to qque hora es" is what she was referring to.

Gonna quote it since no one seems to go back and check what she copy/pasted:

"Your name is Fernando del Toro, a show favourite thanks to your selfless nature. However, you are not very smart and definitely a clutz. But this is what your girlfriend Dolores adores about you. She’s been withdrawn of late but you’re sure that nothing is wrong. You blunder into bad situations so often you may choose to sacrifice yourself to save someone from a lynch."

It's the same, hon. The BEGINNING beginning where it's like "welcome to qque hora es" is what she was referring to.

OOH thanks for clarifying. See that is why I was so confused because she had written that name part, but I figured they were talking about somewhere else where she had said that wasn't her format.