You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2008-2009 Jefferson Secondary Application Thread
Started by shemarty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
I have tried to submit my Jefferson secondary app online about 5 times, and everytime I submit it (after putting in my credit card information) it says that a "break-in attempt has been detected" and then i have to re-login and type EVERYTHING in all over again.
Has anyone else had this problem, and do you know how to resolve it?
Has anyone else had this problem, and do you know how to resolve it?
I have tried to submit my Jefferson secondary app online about 5 times, and everytime I submit it (after putting in my credit card information) it says that a "break-in attempt has been detected" and then i have to re-login and type EVERYTHING in all over again.
Has anyone else had this problem, and do you know how to resolve it?
Have you tried a different browser or a different computer?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I tried both Firefox and Explorer. However, I have not tried using another computer...but that's a good idea. I'll be able to do that on Monday when I return to work. And hopefully Jefferson will have emailed me back about this issue.
If I still don't have anything resolved by Monday, I'm thinking about just mailing in the application. Do you know if that takes longer for them to process (excluding the actual in the mail time)?
If I still don't have anything resolved by Monday, I'm thinking about just mailing in the application. Do you know if that takes longer for them to process (excluding the actual in the mail time)?
I called about my LOR status changing.... firstly, the lady seemed really frustrated with me. Secondly, she said that they received the two letters I sent from Interfolio, but not the one uploaded onto VE 6 days earlier... she also said they upload VE letters every day... I didn't want to push it any further, but shouldnt they have the VE letter then? Whatever... I'll re-call in 1 week if it's still screwy. Let me know if anyone else has a bad experience calling them or with their LOR retrieval system.
so for the 500 characters comment, I will give them an update of my future plan. basically, I will be out of this country for three weeks visiting my parents who are living overseas. I will also try to volunteer at a hospital there. Is this appropriate for the additional comment section? Thanks
I am still waiting to hear an answer from someone concerning the LOR requirement. I saw one guy said his 2 bio, 1 chem, yadda yadda was fine. But I think we have to face that for those of us who don't have committees...our rec letter files contain 2 science, 1 non-science, possibly an employer, possibly a physician, and any other person letters.
Does anyone know if the standard requirements for most med schools (2 science, 1 non-science, personal letters) work for Jefferson?
Does anyone know if the standard requirements for most med schools (2 science, 1 non-science, personal letters) work for Jefferson?
Does Jefferson send a confirmation email saying I am complete, or is that just assumed when I have all "yeses"?
i never got a completion email and i've had yeses for over 2 weeks
I have had yeses since july 23, and never got a complete email. Also to answer the LOR answer sorta, I had 3 science faculty LORs and 1 MD LOR. My recs say yes, but I am not fully sure that I can take that as they are ok with them. I don't have any other LOR possibilities, so they will have to take it or leave it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Um, Jefferson processed my online transaction but my status says they don't have my secondary. Think this warrants a call?
anyone know how to find out their SAT scores from 10 years ago?
Go to collegeboard.com for instructions about how to order them. I doubt you'll be able to look them up online since they're 10 years old.
I had to get mine for my postbacc program app, and they were 25 years old then. I had to pay $40 and wait six weeks for them to show up, since they had to get them out of the vault.
Last edited:
They may be on your record at your University. See if your university can look them up for free before you pay.
Go to collegeboard.com for instructions about how to order them. I doubt you'll be able to look them up online since they're 10 years old.
I had to get mine for my postbacc program app, and they were 25 years old then. I had to pay $40 and wait six weeks for them to show up, since they had to get them out of the vault.
Didn't they say somewhere that if you didn't know the exact numbers you could estimate??
Didn't they say somewhere that if you didn't know the exact numbers you could estimate??
Yes.
I have been complete since the beginning of August. How long is this supposed to take? Should I call?
Yes.
I called and they said I could just leave them blank because they are totally optional and have no impact on my application.
So my application was submitted a week or two ago (moreso a week) and I checked my status today to see my AMCAS app and letters had been sent. My bank also showed my $80 being processed. I called and was told that the payment was on record but must have been processed incorrectly. Result, while I thought they might be reviewing my secondary they couldn't because of this mixup. The fix: I have to resubmit and will be getting a reimbursement or fee waiver. Bleh.
2
204090
Are we complete if we have all "yes" but didn't receive a complete email?
Got an interview invite today....woooooooot!!!! 🙂 Good luck everybody
Are we complete if we have all "yes" but didn't receive a complete email?
Yes, I never received a complete email and got an interview invite last week.
I seem to be having this problem, too. I just submitted my application and payment and then logged in again and my application status page still says neither the secondary nor payment has been received. Oh well. If a week goes by and nothing changes I suppose I'll call them.
Yes, I never received a complete email and got an interview invite last week.
Did your status page change at all when you got the invite?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hope not. I've been complete even longer.i was complete 7/25, since then nothing, is it a silent rejection?
I hope not. I've been complete even longer.
Me too. Complete 7/18 here. I really like Jefferson a lot too. 🙁
Don't worry.. I was complete 7/2 and just got the interview invite last Friday, so it was more than 2 months. If you were complete end of July, it's definitely not panic time yet, I think they're just a little slow. 



Don't worry.. I was complete 7/2 and just got the interview invite last Friday, so it was more than 2 months. If you were complete end of July, it's definitely not panic time yet, I think they're just a little slow.![]()
thanks copperfrog09 for the info. i feel much better now! i like how much the sdn people are so helpful unlike the stuckup premeds at my school!
plus i kind of want to go to jefferson to be near my sis who just started college
Last edited:
I just got an interview invite today! 😀 I was totally not expecting this, especially at 8:45 Arizona time, 11:45 in Philly!
This happened to me. CALL them! I used the touch tone menu and had to get a new number, here you go: 2159559387.I seem to be having this problem, too. I just submitted my application and payment and then logged in again and my application status page still says neither the secondary nor payment has been received. Oh well. If a week goes by and nothing changes I suppose I'll call them.
What happened was the payment got screwed up but was cleared by my bank. I think IT had to manually download my application into the database. They said it'd be resolved by the next night and it was. "This rarely happens" is what I was told.
Does jefferson like to keep ppl in limbo or what!?!?!?!
Ha! Yeah...still in limbo here, too.
I was complete on 8/11 and got a notification that I was complete on 9/12.Hey everyone-
Has anyone that's been complete after 8/13 received notification of any kind (i.e. interview or rejection???)
Tx!
_
Last edited:
it was really fast for me, less then a week. i did submit my LORs the day i added the school to amcas though. i submitted them via interfolio.About how long did it take for everybody to get all yesses on their status page after submitting their secondary?
I had everything submitted on 9/9 and they still haven't marked my LOR's as being recieved. I called them earlier today and the lady I talked to got sort of defensive and didn't really give me the impression anything would be done about it.
So I never got an email invite to complete the secondary but I logged onto their site and my info was there and it let me complete a secondary and I have all "yes" in the columns so they have my letters and everything.
But is it bad that I completed without ever getting the e-mail?
I didn't really think about it at the time, but now I'm worried I should have waited for the e-mail. 😕
But is it bad that I completed without ever getting the e-mail?
I didn't really think about it at the time, but now I'm worried I should have waited for the e-mail. 😕
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
_
Last edited:
Has anyone else kind of been frustrated about communication with Jefferson? The admissions office is not particularly friendly, and when I emailed them about my application, they gave me a general response (did not really answer my question).
I know they're busy, but other schools are too, and they have been more helpful.
I know they're busy, but other schools are too, and they have been more helpful.
_
Last edited:
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K