2022-2023 Jefferson (Kimmel)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am. I plan on calling tomorrow to ask if there has been any waitlist movement at all, and if there is any way to know where we stand (I know many others such as myself have jobs, other schools, and other options to consider). I will try to be as direct as possible to get some helpful information
Did you end up calling?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was told that waitlist movement happens now through the CTE deadline, and that information regarding positions on the waitlist isn't available basically.
 
Idk about y’all but I’m really stressing about giving my job enough of a heads up if I get off the waitlist and finding a place to live within 2 months… probably less at this rate.
Even if you got in one day before school starts, I assume you’re still going to the school.

Don’t stress
Np, and yeah I would assume there may be a little movement after 6/21 but most likely only a spot or two here and there.
What evidence do you have to think that there will only be a spot or two of movement?
 
Even if you got in one day before school starts, I assume you’re still going to the school.

Don’t stress

What evidence do you have to think that there will only be a spot or two of movement?

Thank you. I had an interview with Rowan’s DO program this past Monday so they may let me know sooner. I’ll most likely hold out for Jeff though so it’ll be worth it in the end.
 
Even if you got in one day before school starts, I assume you’re still going to the school.

Don’t stress

What evidence do you have to think that there will only be a spot or two of movement?
As far as I know, most schools historically slow waitlist acceptances after the CTE deadline because their class is mostly full. However, I would agree that this could not be the case, as I am projecting what I have heard in other instances onto this situation.
 
Also, side note does anyone know if contacting the dean of admissions is appropriate for Jefferson? I have a friend pursuing a MD-PHD and at the school he was waitlisted, the admissions office told him to email them, and they would forward his email directly to the dean of admissions. Does anyone know the precedent for this, especially concerning Jefferson?
 
Also, side note does anyone know if contacting the dean of admissions is appropriate for Jefferson? I have a friend pursuing a MD-PHD and at the school he was waitlisted, the admissions office told him to email them, and they would forward his email directly to the dean of admissions. Does anyone know the precedent for this, especially concerning Jefferson?
At the interview day they said it is normal, and even encouraged to contact Losasso via email.
 
Also, side note does anyone know if contacting the dean of admissions is appropriate for Jefferson? I have a friend pursuing a MD-PHD and at the school he was waitlisted, the admissions office told him to email them, and they would forward his email directly to the dean of admissions. Does anyone know the precedent for this, especially concerning Jefferson?

I applied for MD/PhD at Jeff back in 19-20 and was waitlisted too! I reached out directly to both Drs. Waldman and Callahan (former dean of admission) and they were extremely friendly to me.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Let’s hope this week is different [emoji23]
IMG_5850.png
 
Do we actually know that the admissions committee still meets on Wednesdays, or is it possible that was only during the regular cycle?
 
Just FYI, SKMC classified my app as "Application No Longer Under Consideration" as of May 18th through CYMS. I never noticed until today and never received an email since being placed on "high priority alternate" list. Not sure if anyone already noticed this. Best of luck to everyone.

Edit: clarified where I was notified, CYMS.
 
Last edited:
Just FYI, SKMC classified my app as "Application No Longer Under Consideration" as of May 18th. I never noticed until today and never received an email since being placed on "high priority alternate" list. Not sure if anyone already noticed this. Best of luck to everyone.

Where’d you see that?
 
Thanks for the clarification, but does anyone else see the no longer under consideration thing on their cyms cuz mine looks the same
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I could be wrong but I don’t think it even started. I also think their CTE deadline is June 26th so I’m hoping some spots will open up at that point.
Agreed. Just make sure that whatever school you’re PTE’d at has a CTE date after the 26th. Otherwise you’ll have to withdraw from SKMC’s waitlist before the 26th.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad