2022-2023 Jefferson (Kimmel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was informed some new people have been added to the Facebook and GroupMe, assuming it’s waitlist
So does that mean it looks like it’s over?

Members don't see this ad.

Could also just be people who made decisions yesterday, but that is extreme optimism from me.
I don't think it's extreme optimism. Yes, most of the spots are probably gone. However, I am one of those people who were accepted back in October, and just now joined. So it's totally plausible that the waitlist can still move. Good luck guys !

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do people anticipate movement next Wed, for the waitlist, or just any date?

Admittedly not sure how much hope to have anymore so if this is >280, might just be time to move on sadly

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Dont seem like it, looks like we're waiting for wednesday

They don't have a ranked waitlist so they wouldnt have the usual just accept ranks 1-whatever, meaning their committee probably has to meet to give the waitlist acceptances, which happens once per week on Wednesday

Dr. LoSasso, Dean of Admissions, told me today that she doesn't anticipate waitlist movement at this time.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
I wonder why the yield was so much better this year

My in-person interview made a big difference for me — I had four acceptances to very similar schools and my extremely positive experience at Jefferson weighed heavily in my decision

So we think that the cycle is fully done? No more chance of movement?

It's been real guys. This has been the hardest year of my life, breaking me down from strong confident man to a small insecure boy. 3rd time applying, Jefferson employee for the past 3 years. I thought it would happen, but the universe just doesn't want me to be an MD.

Not sure what the future holds for me, but I think its time to wave the white flag and admit defeat.

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users
It's been real guys. This has been the hardest year of my life, breaking me down from strong confident man to a small insecure boy. 3rd time applying, Jefferson employee for the past 3 years. I thought it would happen, but the universe just doesn't want me to be an MD.

Not sure what the future holds for me, but I think its time to wave the white flag and admit defeat.
You don't have to be insecure! For me you are a strong and this don't means anything! Students apply many times is very common and to be denied is common too it"s just because the restrictive spaces for Med school. Only 1 to 3 % was accepted, 98% don't. All the people who apply are good students with the same passion. Take your time and think that maybe this is a sign BUT if you want to be a dr, appy again and look for another school options! You can apply to DO or look for Caribbean med school that I know an amazing professional graduated from there. PA is another great way ;) Learn from this and this is a lesson for many. Be strong, you rock ;)

You don't have to be insecure! For me you are a strong and this don't means anything! Students apply many times is very common and to be denied is common too it"s just because the restrictive spaces for Med school. Only 1 to 3 % was accepted, 98% don't. All the people who apply are good students with the same passion. Take your time and think that maybe this is a sign BUT if you want to be a dr, appy again and look for another school options! You can apply to DO or look for Caribbean med school that I know an amazing professional graduated from there. PA is another great way ;) Learn from this and this is a lesson for many. Be strong, you rock ;)
Thank you for your kind words!