You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Jefferson (Kimmel)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Any word on financial aid official packages, looking for apartments and they need to see the official package
Still nothing for me. People on the GroupMe have said they’ve started receiving packages, so I know they’ve started sending them out.
zoemv19
New Member
is there a separate group me for accepted students? If so what is it? thanks!Still nothing for me. People on the GroupMe have said they’ve started receiving packages, so I know they’ve started sending them out.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MedSchool999
New Member
In the group me for the accepted students, some have received theirs, and they said that next Wednesday more students will hear backAnybody has received their financial aid package yet?
MEDSCHOOL 14
Full Member
When did you interview / get accepted? I got accepted in December and just got my aid on Monday.Anyone get their fin aid today? Really coming down to the wire here for decisions and my number is probably on a list after I called them so much
pleaseacceptme1
Full Member
After a difficult decision, I will be releasing my acceptance on Monday. I hope it goes to someone on the WL.
There are 319 people in the current facebook (515 in last years) and 207 in the GroupMe. Considering a class of 270 and that many people in these chats decide to not attend, I would think there's gonna be quite a bit of movement. Iirc MSAR says only 40 people typically get off the waitlist?
Last edited:
Does the Commit to Enroll open at a certain time? I don't see it yet but I'm sure it must open at some point today. I have been emailing the financial aid because they don't see my FAFSA even though I had it submitted a long time ago with confirmation it was sent to the school by the FAFSA support. No idea what is up with financial aid but its definitely a bit rough this year.
Yup just saw it. I don't know why but I had it in my head it would open 8am for the east coast. I guess not!Looks like it’s available now
Its open, congratsDoes the Commit to Enroll open at a certain time? I don't see it yet but I'm sure it must open at some point today. I have been emailing the financial aid because they don't see my FAFSA even though I had it submitted a long time ago with confirmation it was sent to the school by the FAFSA support. No idea what is up with financial aid but its definitely a bit rough this year.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pleaseacceptme1
Full Member
Same issue for me. Everything else was incredibleAlmost certainly withdrawing my A as well but also a difficult decision because the school/population seems incredible. Everything was great although they dropped the ball on my fin aid (i hope this wasn't an issue with others)
Had a little tear sending the emailSame issue for me. Everything else was incredible
pleaseacceptme1
Full Member
Same 🙁Had a little tear sending the email
Historically, tomorrow is the day.Has anyone heard of any waitlist movement the past few days? I haven't heard of anything yet just curious.
Cookiemonster22
Full Member
Was this a problem just today or from Monday as well?According to @gyngyn in the waitlist support thread:
"There appears to be a glitch in the CYMS tool for schools.
This is likely to slow processing of alternate lists until it is fixed."
Looks like it started todayWas this a problem just today or from Monday as well?
doctorhopeful2be
Full Member
Do people anticipate movement today?
I know other schools have been accepting people despite the glitch, but not sure if it is different in this case
Do people anticipate movement today?
It's like jeffy having no movement this year. Onto the reapp we go 😤😤😤
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was under the impression the glitch threw a wrench in things, but idkIt's like jeffy having no movement this year. Onto the reapp we go 😤😤😤
Last edited:
They'll have movement. They just have it a little laterI was under the impression the glitch threw a wrench in things, but idk
Assuming movement will occur on Wednesday as that is when the admissions committee meets.Does anyone anticipate movement today or more than likely starting next week?
I’m not a current student but an incoming one. We got an email that the president liked some anti vax and anti Asian stuff on Facebook and he sent out an apology for it after some people called him out.Anyone else see the stuff going on w the Jefferson president that was posted on the jefflgbtq Instagram? Do any current students know what’s going on?
A few, yeahHave many ppl left?
doctorhopeful2be
Full Member
how many ppl total in the group me right now?A few, yeah
MEDSCHOOL 14
Full Member
322 fb, 215 gmhow many ppl total in the group me right now?
322 in the fb… is the class likely full then?322 fb, 215 gm
avividsound_
Full Member
Isn’t the class size usually ~270?
Furious-omide
New Member
322 in the fb… is the class likely full then?
Plenty of current students in both the groupme and facebook each yearIsn’t the class size usually ~270?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No need to be so neurotic, just wait a day and then you will see if you end up getting off.If you had to guess, how many of the groupme are current students versus incoming students
The answer to this question won’t provide you with any actionable info.
6/21/23What's the commit to enroll date for skmc?, I ask still being on the waitlist lol
Sidney Kimmel Medical College Admissions
Navigate your path to Sidney Kimmel Medical College. Learn about our medical school application timeline and process. Start your journey in medicine today!