2022-2023 Jefferson (Kimmel)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As someone who’s on WLs i’m hoping to get off of, wanted to send you WLers an update on the groupme size here - it’s at 216. No significant movement in the last week or so
 
Can’t tell if there’s just gonna be less movement this year, or it’s just simply taking longer than in previous years to start accepting people off the WL
Do you know why they would take a smaller class? I know they average around 270 individuals per class, also I feel as if we would have heard something regarding waitlist movement even if a smaller class was taken, but I personally have heard nothing.
 
I don’t think they’re taking a smaller class, they would’ve told us this. But maybe since they had in person interviews they have better yield this year?
Yeah, I agree maybe a better yield, I just find it hard to believe there would be no waitlist acceptances based on History. But honestly, that is probably just my optimism clouding my judgment.
 
So I called the admissions office yesterday to ask if they knew what was going on with the waitlist, but the person who took my call pretty much said they don't know anything about the current situation lol. Guessing only the committee members themselves know what's happening at this pt.
 
Any thoughts on the US news rankings that released today? SKMC at #58 for research, does anyone remember what they were at last year?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
56, sorta bs though cuz Jeff really good at certain specialities like neuro ortho optho cancer, etc… but I guess overall not as highly ranked

Yeah I saw that their match list this year was amazing and they do much better on PD rankings. It looks like US news puts a lot of stock in research output though.
 
When do you guys think it can be reasonably assumed that there will be little to no waitlist movement occurring? By the end of this week, next, etc? Just trying to get more of an understanding of a consensus timeline.
 
If there is going to be movement this week, it should be Wednesday because that's when ADCOM meets, but temper ur hopes because last Wednesday came and went without any decisions from what I saw
Yeah I agree, I feel that if no decisions are made this week when would they be made? It is already later on in May, so the later it goes, the more I am inclined to believe there won't be any waitlist movement this year.
 
Yeah I agree, I feel that if no decisions are made this week when would they be made? It is already later on in May, so the later it goes, the more I am inclined to believe there won't be any waitlist movement this year.
I wouldn’t say there won’t be any movement, but if the class is currently full it would likely occur on 1-for-1 as needed basis.
 
I spoke with someone in the Admissions Office and asked if the class is full or if they anticipate any waitlist movement. The response was "Applicants can come off the waitlist anytime from now until final matriculation."
 
I wouldn’t say there won’t be any movement, but if the class is currently full it would likely occur on 1-for-1 as needed basis.
I agree. I would just be surprised if the class is already full because of the little we have heard regarding the waitlist, but I just kind of keep circling back to this so it very well could be.

Also, does anyone know if SKMC does a fully ranked waitlist (I know there is HPWL)? I have seen posts where Waitlistees directly ask schools (Not SKMC but others) for their position on the waitlist, so they can obtain a better sense of where they stand. Is this frowned upon at SKMC, is the information not available?
 
I agree. I would just be surprised if the class is already full because of the little we have heard regarding the waitlist, but I just kind of keep circling back to this so it very well could be.

Also, does anyone know if SKMC does a fully ranked waitlist (I know there is HPWL)? I have seen posts where Waitlistees directly ask schools (Not SKMC but others) for their position on the waitlist, so they can obtain a better sense of where they stand. Is this frowned upon at SKMC, is the information not available?
I believe the skmc waitlist is unranked actually
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IMG_5850.png
 
I spoke with someone in the Admissions Office and asked if the class is full or if they anticipate any waitlist movement. The response was "Applicants can come off the waitlist anytime from now until final matriculation."
I should have asked a different question. Is someone willing to call the office and ask if there HAS been any waitlist movement?
 
I should have asked a different question. Is someone willing to call the office and ask if there HAS been any waitlist movement?
I am. I plan on calling tomorrow to ask if there has been any waitlist movement at all, and if there is any way to know where we stand (I know many others such as myself have jobs, other schools, and other options to consider). I will try to be as direct as possible to get some helpful information
 
Assuming not a lot of spots left? So waiting on everyone to make their CTE choices before offering more applicants?

This would be my guess at well. But I hope they dont wait until close to the CTE deadline because that's be awfully late to notify people of their acceptances [emoji21]
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does SKMC remove you from consideration after you commit to enroll elsewhere? I have a commit to enroll of June 1st and I don't expect any movement from them before then. Anyone else in a similar position?
As far as I know, when you CTE somewhere you have to withdraw all As and waitlists.
 
Does SKMC remove you from consideration after you commit to enroll elsewhere? I have a commit to enroll of June 1st and I don't expect any movement from them before then. Anyone else in a similar position?

Yes. Once you CTE, schools will see that you CTE’d and you are removed from consideration, though you need to officially contact each waitlisted school to withdraw your application.
 
I still don’t get how the class can be full if there are only 215 ppl in the groupme and some of them are current students
Are there any currently accepted students/anyone in the groupme who can confirm the groupme number has not really fluctuated from 215?
 
Are there any currently accepted students/anyone in the groupme who can confirm the groupme number has not really fluctuated from 215?
It’s at 224, so +10 since a week ago. I believe Jeff’s class size should go up to ~270 so I’m hoping/guessing they’ll be accepting slowly but surely 🙂 keep the faith guys
 
Idk about y’all but I’m really stressing about giving my job enough of a heads up if I get off the waitlist and finding a place to live within 2 months… probably less at this rate.