2008-2009 Michigan State University College of Human Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if CHM students generally bring laptops to class for note taking and such? Or if the school uses course packs where it isn't necessary to have a laptop for class?

I remember something about this from interview day, but unfortunately can't remember the details...

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Lebaca - I'll be a second year at CHM in the fall. Most of us just used coursepacks/pens/highlighters. A few people brought laptops to class but I didn't think it was very helpful. Some professors post their powerpoints but a lot actually use the coursepack itself as their slides during lecture and that's not available electronically unless you scan it in yourself (which some people did). Plus a lot of the class (including myself) ends up streaming lectures online instead of a attending in person, so clicking back and forth to take notes would be frustrating I think. It's easier to just take notes directly in the coursepack.

Status
Not open for further replies.