2022-2023 Michigan State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I thought the deadline was May 1st? Shoot . . . and I thought I was ahead of the game by doing it today.

The deadline to withdraw and get full refund back is April 28th. To withdraw without a refund back is May 1st, but starting May 1st MSU requires you choose them as plan to enroll. You have up until July 14th to choose commit to enroll. So if you have waitlist or pending decisions that you really want to go to or wait to hear from, do not choose “commit to enroll”.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
The deadline to withdraw and get full refund back is April 28th. To withdraw without a refund back is May 1st, but starting May 1st MSU requires you choose them as plan to enroll. You have up until July 14th to choose commit to enroll. So if you have waitlist or pending decisions that you really want to go to or wait to hear from, do not choose “commit to enroll”.
I appreciate you. Thanks for posting this!

For those curious on the turn-around time for deposit refund, I emailed their admin team early yesterday afternoon about withdrawing my A, and I got an email confirmation of deposit return this morning.

Reactions: 1 user
Just withdrew! They were so nice about it and said they would run me my hundred. They also asked to fill out a survey why.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know anything about how likely it is to get off the GR campus waitlist?

Anyone know if MSU typically sticks to the Tuesday night "schedule" for WL acceptances?

Has there been any waitlist movement or has anyone called admissions at all? Is there a chance there wouldn’t be any movement?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did they mention where you were on the waiting list or give any other info?
I’m pretty sure that person was already accepted and was placed in EL so they got off the WL for the GR campus, I don’t think they were on the general waitlist to be accepted

I talked to a friend of mine who got in here and they mentioned how there was a deadline to apply for scholarships a month or so ago. So if I were to get off of the WL, would I have a chance to apply for that too or would I be SOL?
I believe all scholarships recipients were decided in early/mid-April. I don’t know if they have another round of scholarships to offer but that’s all the information I was given

Just received an email asking me if I was still interested in remaining on the Alternate List since I selected "Plan to Enroll" at another school. I will likely withdraw soon.

Reactions: 2 users
What the best place to live in East Lansing (cheapest, closest) with no roommates?

Got the A today! OOS URM

Has anyone who planned to enroll at another school got off the waitlist yet?

Last edited:
Is there a groupme for admitted students? Would anyone mind sharing the link with me :)

Got accepted to lmu program but I withdrew my acceptance 2weeks ago. Emailing them now. Hopefully it goes to one of y’all. During my interview with them they said there was a long waitlist

Got accepted to lmu program but I withdrew my acceptance 2weeks ago. Emailing them now. Hopefully it goes to one of y’all. During my interview with them they said there was a long waitlist
Long waitlist for LMU or the school in general?

Got an A from waitlist but will be declining. God’s favor to those who need it

Reactions: 4 users
does anyone know when the last date to be notified of an acceptance is? i was told by the admissions office that people could be accepted up until the date of matriculation but it doesn't make sense to me that acceptances could occur in the middle of orientation or literally a day before the white coat ceremony. just wondering if anyone has heard differently.

I hate to be this person, but does anyone know if CHM drug tests? I know weed is legal in Michigan but it would be a bummer of a reason to get kicked out of med school.

Hi! Just curious, if anyone is comfortable sharing, what health insurance do you have/plan to get? I know SHIP is automatically added on, but is healthcare easily accessible for GR students with this insurance?

Also, are any OOS current students on MI Medicaid? What was the application process like? Did you need to change your license to a MI one?

I would appreciate any advice, tips, or guidance!

Hi! Just curious, if anyone is comfortable sharing, what health insurance do you have/plan to get? I know SHIP is automatically added on, but is healthcare easily accessible for GR students with this insurance?

Also, are any OOS current students on MI Medicaid? What was the application process like? Did you need to change your license to a MI one?

I would appreciate any advice, tips, or guidance!
I would assume it is easily accessible, especially for medical students. Well according to their information on their website

Any idea if waitlist movement is over now?

Hello! I was wondering if any students from this past cycle have any interview advice for MSU CHM? I heard it is very politically based and was wondering how in-depth I need to brush up on current events. TIA.

Hello! I was wondering if any students from this past cycle have any interview advice for MSU CHM? I heard it is very politically based and was wondering how in-depth I need to brush up on current events. TIA.
I am an early assurance applicant who was accepted and went through the interview process earlier. It will be MMI-based, and you may be presented with some political things that have happened. For example, when I practiced mock MMIs with other students, we discussed the cake situation where a bakery did not want to offer a cake to a same-sex couple. We were asked questions about the topic, including if it was within the rights of the shop to do this. For the MMI, you will likely have to answer questions similar to what you see in CASPER. Answer, choose a side, and acknowledge how others see things differently. It is okay to be decisive and have your own opinion. Shooting down other views or saying anything negative or demeaning is not okay. Try to be as clear and concise as possible. If you need to articulate better, your interviewer may ask you to provide more information. It is best to vocalize your thoughts fully and leave no room for doubt. Good luck!