You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Michigan State
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
toadfanacct
New Member
not yet!Did any other 3/1 or later interviewees hear back yet?
Alternate list 🙁 interviewed 3/1
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
do they reject post-II at all? i interviewed 2/22 and things are still silent on my end
+1 Also interviewed 3/1Alternate list 🙁 interviewed 3/1
Post II reject 😭😭
Interviewed 2/10. Time for reapplication
Interviewed 2/10. Time for reapplication
chicken_27
Full Member
Got the A last night! OOS, interviewed 02/22.
Can anyone help me with campus placement? I'm not sure if I should put down East Lansing or Grand Rapids as my preference and would love to chat with someone about that. I also had some other questions about the school if anyone is willing to chat 🙂
Can anyone help me with campus placement? I'm not sure if I should put down East Lansing or Grand Rapids as my preference and would love to chat with someone about that. I also had some other questions about the school if anyone is willing to chat 🙂
Did they give you a deadline to accept the offer?Got the A last night! OOS, interviewed 02/22.
Can anyone help me with campus placement? I'm not sure if I should put down East Lansing or Grand Rapids as my preference and would love to chat with someone about that. I also had some other questions about the school if anyone is willing to chat 🙂
chicken_27
Full Member
Yes they gave me 2 weeksDid they give you a deadline to accept the offer?
for LMU applicants, how long did it take for yall to get notified for your LMU II?
futurodr11
Full Member
Finally received my formal A. Cbc was cleared two weeks ago
Hi guys! I’m an admissions ambassador at CHM! Here is the link to the official Facebook group for accepted/incoming students: https://m.facebook.com/groups/144102291656420/?ref=share&mibextid=S66gvF
Join to meet your future classmates and upperclassmen. Congratulations to those who have been accepted. We look forward to meeting you in the fall!!
Join to meet your future classmates and upperclassmen. Congratulations to those who have been accepted. We look forward to meeting you in the fall!!
futurodr11
Full Member
Does the school have a second look day scheduled? I searched their website but did not see any information about it
i called admin to ask and they said no but you can email to schedule a tourDoes the school have a second look day scheduled? I searched their website but did not see any information about it
+1Finally received my formal A. Cbc was cleared two weeks ago
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
chicken_27
Full Member
Does anyone know when classes start or can direct me to the Class of 2027 academic calendar?
lululemonminus
Full Member
I’ve been searching for one too and can’t seem to find one online. If anyone calls admissions can you pls askDoes anyone know when classes start or can direct me to the Class of 2027 academic calendar?
teriyakikebab
Full Member
How long did it take y’all to get your CBC results? I’ve been waiting two weeks and the email said 2-5 days 😅 also has anyone received financial aid yet?
futurodr11
Full Member
Did you submit FAFSA? I got my cbc results within 5 days but formal A took like two weeks after cbcHow long did it take y’all to get your CBC results? I’ve been waiting two weeks and the email said 2-5 days 😅 also has anyone received financial aid yet?
chicken_27
Full Member
I emailed them a few days ago. I'll let you knowI’ve been searching for one too and can’t seem to find one online. If anyone calls admissions can you pls ask
mcstudentdoc
New Member
I also emailed them last week, without a reply, so hopefully they provide an update soon.I emailed them a few days ago. I'll let you know
long shot, are there any reapplicants here that got accepted to MSUCHM? I am preparing for reapp and I feel so lost at this point. Would love some advice
Hi everyone! Any current students who would be willing to answer a couple questions please?
toadfanacct
New Member
Has anyone heard anything this evening? I’m wondering if they will do calls tonight
toadfanacct
New Member
This process has been a fun way to make sure that Tuesday evenings are miserable waiting for a call and Wednesdays are miserable hoping an email doesn’t come through 🥲Has anyone heard anything this evening? I’m wondering if they will do calls tonight
toadfanacct
New Member
Lol I’m such a drama queen I got the A like 3 minutes after I posted thisThis process has been a fun way to make sure that Tuesday evenings are miserable waiting for a call and Wednesdays are miserable hoping an email doesn’t come through 🥲
chicken_27
Full Member
does anyone know if there is a dress code and if classes are mandatory?
No dress code for classes except for Simulation where you have to be in scrubs or professional dress w/ white coat. Some clinic sites/hospitals may have requirements. Most classes are mandatory unfortunately loldoes anyone know if there is a dress code and if classes are mandatory?
futurodr11
Full Member
How are the shelf exams?No dress code for classes except for Simulation where you have to be in scrubs or professional dress w/ white coat. Some clinic sites/hospitals may have requirements. Most classes are mandatory unfortunately lol
How are the shelf exams?
Do you mean shelf exams that you take in M3 or the progress testing exams you take in M1&M2?
Shelf exams are national, standardized exams and are not easy but doable. Hardest part is finding time to study while you are also in the hospital/clinic all day.
Progress testing is based on the content that you are expected to know in order to pass Step 1 and is administered by the NBME based on old/retired Step 1 questions. CHM will either administer an exam with questions/topics chosen by admin or a comprehensive test that can cover anything that is fair game for Step 1. It will seem impossible when you are taking these exams as an M1 but the cutoff for passing is very low and very few people actually fail it in M1.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just got that A! Very happy and excited 😎
They sent a bunch of emails after my acceptance email. One of them was a second look video. Seems like they already did second look without me? Will there be another one or do they just expect us to watch the video ?
skinnyfatmonkey
New Member
Can't believe i just got the Acceptance also! ToT - Interviewed 02/22/23, got acceptance call and email 03/28/2023
skinnyfatmonkey
New Member
Does anybody know if there's already a group me or Facebook group for the incoming class?
i called and they said there won’t be another one but u can schedule a tourThey sent a bunch of emails after my acceptance email. One of them was a second look video. Seems like they already did second look without me? Will there be another one or do they just expect us to watch the video ?
cempasuchil
Full Member
Got put on the AL. Interviewed 3/24
Withdrew my A this week. Good luck everyone!
chronically_sad
New Member
Got the A!! :') Just waiting for CBC and financial aid. In terms of living situation, is anyone able to speak about bringing our pets along to med school?? (will this be doable? are there many places that are pet-friendly?)
futurodr11
Full Member
Did you submit your fafsa? Or when you say financial aid are you talking about scholarship?Got the A!! :') Just waiting for CBC and financial aid. In terms of living situation, is anyone able to speak about bringing our pets along to med school?? (will this be doable? are there many places that are pet-friendly?)
chronically_sad
New Member
Yeah -- I just submitted fafsa, and i believe they'll be in touch about scholarships/financial aid packages later?Did you submit your fafsa? Or when you say financial aid are you talking about scholarship?
chicken_27
Full Member
How are you guys going about their scholarships? I'm not sure if I should write an actually essay or if they just want me to point out what I've done that meets the criteria? Do you think I can use the same essay to apply to multiple scholarships?
teriyakikebab
Full Member
also wondering the same thing… it seems a few prompts overlap so I’ve been tailoring my essays a bit is allHow are you guys going about their scholarships? I'm not sure if I should write an actually essay or if they just want me to point out what I've done that meets the criteria? Do you think I can use the same essay to apply to multiple scholarships?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lululemonminus
Full Member
Probably a silly question but do we need to complete a 22-23 fafsa form or just the 23-24?
23 - 24 I believe! 😊✨Probably a silly question but do we need to complete a 22-23 fafsa form or just the 23-24?
I don’t get the campus assignment. Does that mean we will live in GR? Also I missed the scholarship deadline today does that mean I’m down bad for paying for school? When does financial package come outCampus assignments are out. 🥳
Any fellow GR students looking for future roomies? Anyone else OOS?
toadfanacct
New Member
If it says Grand Rapids that’s where you are! There is a tab in the portal under our acceptance offer. You can either accept it or request to move I believe?I don’t get the campus assignment. Does that mean we will live in GR? Also I missed the scholarship deadline today does that mean I’m down bad for paying for school? When does financial package come out
Not sure when the full financial aid packages come out but it is my understanding that these scholarships are supplemental 🙂