2008-2009 Morehouse Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I GOT ACCEPTED!!!! i am so excited!! this is my top school!! im moving to georgia!!! :love: :laugh: :eek:

interviewed oct 17th.
accepted dec 6th!!

I GOT ACCEPTED!!!! i am so excited!! this is my top school!! im moving to georgia!!! :love: :laugh: :eek:

interviewed oct 17th.
accepted dec 6th!!

:soexcited::clap::claps::banana: Congrats Dr.E!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats dr E.
This is my top choice too and I checked my mailbox today to find FLYERS....
The suspense is killing even with multiple acceptances.
This would be a great christmas present if get in.

Congrats to all who heard already. I just got my acceptance in the mail today as well. I live in CT so anyone who hasn't heard yet keep the faith, its a pretty good ratio for earlier interviews, and for those who have yet to interview really let them know who u are as a person, above all else your character is their main concern. Good luck and congrats again!!!!!!!!!!

I got accepted today via snail mail. I am so thankful for God to be blessing me this cycle. Good luck to all who are waiting!

Congrats to everyone that got accepted. I checked my mailbox today and just got my weekly edition of Science magazine. +pity+

Don't get me wrong, I am really happy for you guys and not hating at all but where's the LOVE :shrug:

I can share in your glory for now :banana:

interviewed oct 17th.
accepted dec 6th!!

Congrats!! Just got accepted too!! :) I am sooo ecstatic, this is my favorite school as well!!

Do you think this means that everyone who interviewed before Thanksgiving will find out in December and everyone after Thanksgiving will find out in the spring? The websit says that they give acceptances in December and March, however previous post indicated more like December and February.

I think they said something like they send out letters in batches, so 12/5 is probably when they notify everyone who interviewed before that date, and they'll have other set dates for people who interview after 12/5... I may be wrong though :confused:

Congrats Ariana, I hope Monday will be a good day, since florida is next state over. What should i be expecting, a big brown envelope?

Did any get the cbc email b4 acceptance?

Congrats Ariana, I hope Monday will be a good day, since florida is next state over. What should i be expecting, a big brown envelope?

Did any get the cbc email b4 acceptance?

Good luck!! :luck: Yes, it was a big brown envelope, & I didn't get a cbc email

CONGRATS!!!!!!!! to everyone on your acceptance, I'm sure it is a huge load off to get into your first choice school!!! I am glad so many people have received the good news. I was away from my computer this weekend, therefore, I was very excited for everyone when I saw that so many people had received their acceptance letters. I interview this Friday and I pray that God's will be done.:xf: I pray that I am posting an acceptance in a few months too.

Well the wait is finally over.............ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!! I live in GA and got the nice, big envelope in the mail last Thursday. Actually I had my dad read me the letter since I was out of town for an interview. I truly feel blessed. Congrats to those who were also accepted and best of luck to those still waiting to hear back. Best X-mas gift ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paz,
Alex

Members don't see this ad :)
Well the wait is finally over.............ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!! I live in GA and got the nice, big envelope in the mail last Thursday. Actually I had my dad read me the letter since I was out of town for an interview. I truly feel blessed. Congrats to those who were also accepted and best of luck to those still waiting to hear back. Best X-mas gift ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paz,
Alex

Congrats!!!! It was a blessing that you had another interview invite for the 5th, because you ended up being accepted before your original interview date. How cool is that!!! All things work together for our good!!!!

There are only four interview feed back post for Morehouse this cycle can some of you please go back and post your comments on your interview experience for this cycle. We have all used the previous comments to prepare for our interviews it is our duty to post our experiences to help others. Thanks

I hope that tomorrow is a great day for others who are still waiting to hear back!!!

My interview is Jan 16 CANT WAIT CANT WAIT CANT WAIT:scared:

Does anyone know the kind of tablet PC the class of 2012 or the upcomming 2013 will recieve. I've tried to find it, but have had no luck in doing so, thanks ya'll...

I believe its a fujitsu tablet. Silver
Check the student resources on the website...

56kd6.gif
oqkfgl.gif

Apparently they sent me the acceptance a while ago but i never received it because my apartment number was not listed on my amcas address. I called today and Dr. Roaf told me I was in. I'm gonna go drink and be merry.

Apparently they sent me the acceptance a while ago but i never received it because my apartment number was not listed on my amcas address. I called today and Dr. Roaf told me I was in. I'm gonna go drink and be merry.[/QUOTE]

Congrats man... That video is HILARIOUS...

:whistle: I am over here waiting....

[/QUOTE]

Congrats man... That video is HILARIOUS...

:whistle: I am over here waiting....[/QUOTE]

You may want to give them a call. Sometimes a few letters don't get sent out for whatever reason.

Hello everyone, this is my first time. I hope that I am not too late, I am sending all of my things this coming friday. I just wanted to know for all those that have gotten an interview what were you MCAT scores and GPA. And also since most of you have already gone, what type of questions did they ask, that is if you can share that information.

Thanks and Congrats.

Hello, I am an Asian American, would I be really out of place in morehouse?

There are many asians at morehouse. In fact, it is the most diverse HBCU out there. Think of it this way, most schools, medical, law, undergrad are 50% white and 50% everyone else (black, asian/Indian, hispanic, middle eastern, jewish)
Morehouse is 55% black, and 45% everyone else. In a class of 56 people, there are 8 asians (oriental), 5 Indians, 4 white people, 5 middle eastern or jewish people (they check the caucasian, middle eastern box). So I feel you wont be out of place because you are not african or african american. I feel out of place because I went to college, masters and worked in the most liberal state in the US and now I am in the bible belt ( which has nothing to do with morehouse being an hbcu, but the state of Georgia)

The HBCU I think you would feel out of place, Meharry.There class is almost twice Morehouse size and I heard they accepted one Indian person two years ago. Good Luck, Morehouse is getting way harder to get into. New dean with higher admissions standards

Congrats to everyone that got accepted. I checked my mailbox today and just got my weekly edition of Science magazine. +pity+

Don't get me wrong, I am really happy for you guys and not hating at all but where's the LOVE :shrug:

I can share in your glory for now :banana:

So last year, they sent decisions to anyone who interviewed before nov14/15th in December.The November, first week of dec had to wait til the spring (march)

If you interviewed in the first few groups, last week of september, first three fridays of October, those were the best shots. Last week of October and the other Nov dates, those are the harder interview times, but people still got in. I interviewed in the first batch, the very first day and of the ten people in my group, 6 are in my class now. Maybe the other 4 got in and went elsewhere. Oh, private message me for specifics, like who interviewed you bc I can better tell you your chances. Good luck everyone. 365 days ago, I was exactly like you!!!!

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!!!!!!! I am looking forward to hearing back from Morehouse early next year. It was said that the next batch of acceptances should go out between Jan 21st and Feb 2nd. I am praying hard that Morehouse works out. Has anyone decided for sure that Morehouse is where you will be?

I know that this is not the rejection thread, but I just got one from Morehouse last week. OUCH! I think post interview rejections hurt the worst. :smack:

I am still rooting for the rest of you guys...

Peace

Beerog2003,
I thought that Dr. Roaf told you that you got in. What happenned? I was really rooting for you. Keep on trying and don't give up on your dream. God may have someting else for you to do this year before you start school or He may want you at a different school. Keep holding on, this is my third cycle appling and I would do it again if I had to.

being on hold is making me go nuts :scared::confused:

Hello I'm new to SDN...I'm hoping and praying that I get to go to Morehouse...I'm currently on a preinterview hold so I guess you could say that being on hold is making me go nuts too :rolleyes:

I got an interview for morehouse for feb 6th. Tell me about your interview. It's my first so i need to know what to expect.

This was my most enjoyable interview of all. It is true, relax and enjoy the day. The day starts with an overview of the day followed by your first interview and then over lunch there is a presentation about Morehouse. After lunch there is a question and answer session with 2 students, who then take you on a tour of the campus. Following the tour you have your second interview and the day ends with a tour of Grady hospital. I did not leave until ~4:45

I interviewed Dec. 12 and we were told that we would here back between Jan 21st and the end of the first week of February (I assume that means the Saturday the 7th). If you have any specific questions feel free to ask or PM me, also be sure to check out the interview feedback for Morehouse, I found that very helpful.

Beerog2003,
I thought that Dr. Roaf told you that you got in. What happenned? I was really rooting for you. Keep on trying and don't give up on your dream. God may have someting else for you to do this year before you start school or He may want you at a different school. Keep holding on, this is my third cycle appling and I would do it again if I had to.

beerog was quoting someone else's post.

I was placed on pre-interview hold a while back and was wondering if they will still be offering interviews??

Any December ppl heared good news yet? I know ya'll should be hearing soon...

Any December ppl heared good news yet? I know ya'll should be hearing soon...

No not yet!!! We were told that we would here back between today and the end of the first week of February. I ran to the mailbox as soon as I got home today. I guess I will be doing the same thing until I hear something. Good luck everyone!!!!!!!!!:xf:

How about you missblue87??? Did you hear in the last bunch or are you still waiting?

No, just trying really hard to be patient, but I keep calling home everyday to have my parents check the mail box.

I am in GA, so I will be sure to post something as soon as I get a letter. Right now I get my comfort in seeing new post on this site. Hoping that one day I will see someone say "Accepted." Until then we will have to keep each other company, you know that misery loves company.

Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone out there????????????

What is everyone up to? For now I am frantically checking my mail box. Has anyone who interviewed recently had any type of an update on when we will hear back?

What are those of you who have already been accepted up to?

Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone out there????????????

What is everyone up to? For now I am frantically checking my mail box. Has anyone who interviewed recently had any type of an update on when we will hear back?

What are those of you who have already been accepted up to?

I guess people hear news and forget that this site exists, lol. if anyone hears anything please post something so it can give the rest of us atleast some hope that we will hear back soon, thanks.

I interviewed on Jan 16th, and they said that the adcom is meeting late Jan/Early Feb. They also said decisions will be mailed out by Feb 10th.

Hope that helps. Good luck everybody!

yea, i just called and the guy told me that they are in the process of mailing out the decisions and they will mail them in the next 2-3 weeks :eek:

yea, i just called and the guy told me that they are in the process of mailing out the decisions and they will mail them in the next 2-3 weeks :eek:

I recently called and was told the same thing. I guess God is trying to help us work on our patients. :rolleyes:

Did anybody get a background check email AAMC? The schools on the list that would require this for me is either morehouse or meharry, but i haven't heard back from them yet. anybody knows what this means?

Did anybody get a background check email AAMC? The schools on the list that would require this for me is either morehouse or meharry, but i haven't heard back from them yet. anybody knows what this means?

Yea, I got that email after I was accepted & then had to answer a ton of questions on another site so they could do the background check.

I have been hoping that I would get the background check email, but no news at all yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.