2019-2020 Morehouse

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed late January....been more than two months :(

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed in October, was Waitlisted in November, and also got that email. Interestingly the file had the date that I was originally waitlisted at the top of the letter.
same!

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
FYI for accepted students looking for a place to live, I have a house a few miles from Morehouse where I'll be renting out two rooms. If you're interested, feel free to message me.

Reactions: 2 users
Am I the only one who missed the memo that it's now a requirement to live on-campus our first year?! :unsure:

Reactions: 1 user
Am I the only one who missed the memo that it's now a requirement to live on-campus our first year?! :unsure:
That's definitely a new policy. Now I have to decide if I want to live in Entra West End or opt out.

Interesting. Are there any ways to get out of that requirement?

Why are they forcing grown adults to live on campus? Shouldn't it be optional?

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard back recently?
Just surprised there haven’t been any new decisions put out with April 30 being in two weeks...hopefully they start sending some decisions soon

Reactions: 5 users
If anyone is going to apply to live in Entra West End, message me so I can tell you my info and we can split the referral money! Lol

Hey y'all, I'm applying to Morehouse for the upcoming 2020-2021. One thing that's a bit of a struggle for me right now is the lack of information on student experiences that I can find about their medical school. In my opinion, it's harder to find personal experiences of the HBCU med schools on the internet in comparison to the PWIs. How did you guys navigate this?

ETA: Also their website feels very...brief. I don't know. In contrast, Meharry's website is very detailed and really gives a feel for the personality of the school. The committment to their mission is embedded in everything they post. (Though, I still can't find a lot of student experiences from them either.)

Last edited:
Has anybody from the waitlist received a final decision yet or know when we could expect one?

Not on the waitlist and still waiting for a final decision.

Reactions: 8 users
How do you withdraw? I sent an email this morning. No response yet. I still see Morehouse on my "Choose Your Medical School" tool.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
I tried to withdraw, but I still receive all the emails and still see Morehouse on my "Choose Your Medical School" tool as well.

They also have not refunded my deposit yet, has anyone had the same problem?

Has anyone that interviewed during February or later received a decision yet?

Does anyone think it's the pandemic slowing them down? I mean... I was able to hear back from other schools quickly.

I tried to withdraw, but I still receive all the emails and still see Morehouse on my "Choose Your Medical School" tool as well.

They also have not refunded my deposit yet, has anyone had the same problem?
i called. went straight to VM too.

• Hmm
It's frustrating because I emailed several times and no response.

Does anyone think it's the pandemic slowing them down? I mean... I was able to hear back from other schools quickly.
IDK I withdrew from schools easily during the pandemic. It was just an email and I was done in 2 days.

I'm just worried nothing will happen and I will get penalized some how after the 30th :(

Edit: Still on my Choose your med school tool...

It's frustrating because I emailed several times and no response.

IDK I withdrew from schools easily during the pandemic. It was just an email and I was done in 2 days.

I'm just worried nothing will happen and I will get penalized some how after the 30th :(

Edit: Still on my Choose your med school tool...
Yeah I don't know what's going on at their end but I hope we get some sort of communication by next week! They have no choice! Lol.

Reactions: 3 users
Still NOT WITHDRAWN

• Sad
To withdraw, do you just send an email to admissions?

I think that’s what people are doing, but it sounds like nobody is getting a response back that their spot has been successfully withdrawn which means they can’t get their $100 deposit refunded before April 30th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By far the worst administration I have worked with. Future applicants, please read these threads before applying.
Had my interview two months ago and still sitting here in radio silence, my interest slowly whittling away...

Someone has probably already asked this question, but anyone know if they have started accepting people off of the waitlist?

Someone has probably already asked this question, but anyone know if they have started accepting people off of the waitlist?

They haven’t even told some people if they are accepted, rejected, or on the waitlist. So I figure it may be a little while on waitlist movement. The person who got accepted last week didn’t mention the waitlist, so I assumed they are still accepting people from the “no decision yet” pool.

Last edited:
Yeah this is insane to me lol interview about 3 months ago. Not a word. I understand the COVID situation but still I feel like we’ve had more than enough time to adjust at this point.

Yeah this is insane to me lol interview about 3 months ago. Not a word. I understand the COVID situation but still I feel like we’ve had more than enough time to adjust at this point.
Yea I was just thinking about this. Considering how crazy this entire process is, especially for the applicants you would think schools would do better at communication. I applied to some schools where the only thing I got is the notification that they received my secondary. One kept sending me emails for open houses and then they asked if I would like to attend their post bacc program. I feel especially with rejections that if they know they should just tell you and get it out of the way, not wait until someone has turned gray before letting them know they have been rejected. Having gone through this process more than once I am so glad I don't have to do it again. It's plain exhausting.

Yea I was just thinking about this. Considering how crazy this entire process is, especially for the applicants you would think schools would do better at communication. I applied to some schools where the only thing I got is the notification that they received my secondary. One kept sending me emails for open houses and then they asked if I would like to attend their post bacc program. I feel especially with rejections that if they know they should just tell you and get it out of the way, not wait until someone has turned gray before letting them know they have been rejected. Having gone through this process more than once I am so glad I don't have to do it again. It's plain exhausting.
Yes I was honestly thinking about this a few days ago. I really consider myself so blessed to have an acceptance, but Morehouse ranks higher than that school for me. I’m really not trying to waste $300 on a non-refundable April 30th deposit at that school because Morehouse didn’t get back to me before May. I can only imagine the stress of those who are left with the decision of beginning to resubmit app/retake MCAT or waiting on a school decision. It’s crazy! Nevertheless, PRAYING for EVERYONE! We got this future docs!

Reactions: 5 users
Yes I was honestly thinking about this a few days ago. I really consider myself so blessed to have an acceptance, but Morehouse ranks higher than that school for me. I’m really not trying to waste $300 on a non-refundable April 30th deposit at that school because Morehouse didn’t get back to me before May. I can only imagine the stress of those who are left with the decision of beginning to resubmit app/retake MCAT or waiting on a school decision. It’s crazy! Nevertheless, PRAYING for EVERYONE! We got this future docs!
SAME. I have an acceptance at a really great DO school and its deposit is $2k. Hearing back from Morehouse before the end of this week would save me $1.9k lol.

I also sent an email to withdraw more than a week ago and haven't gotten a response. This shouldn't surprise me since it took them a month to accept the picture that I sent them for the application.

It took them 3 months to waitlist me in December. They were slow even before the COVID situation.

I'm surprised that a lot of the people who are trying to withdraw haven't heard back yet. They responded to me within a day to confirm that they received my update letter.

I'm surprised that a lot of the people who are trying to withdraw haven't heard back yet. They responded to me within a day to confirm that they received my update letter.
What email did you use?