-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Morehouse
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
same!I interviewed in October, was Waitlisted in November, and also got that email. Interestingly the file had the date that I was originally waitlisted at the top of the letter.
justbreathe33
Full Member
Has anyone been notified about their financial aid packages yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Bee Wise
Full Member
Not yet, are you in the FB group? Someone posted about it a week ago.Has anyone been notified about their financial aid packages yet?
justbreathe33
Full Member
Oh good to know! Thank you 🙂Not yet, are you in the FB group? Someone posted about it a week ago.
Am I the only one who missed the memo that it's now a requirement to live on-campus our first year?! 🤔
Lol I didn't know that.Am I the only one who missed the memo that it's now a requirement to live on-campus our first year?! 🤔
Bee Wise
Full Member
That's definitely a new policy. Now I have to decide if I want to live in Entra West End or opt out.Am I the only one who missed the memo that it's now a requirement to live on-campus our first year?! 🤔
Bee Wise
Full Member
Married, children, or property owner.Interesting. Are there any ways to get out of that requirement?
Why are they forcing grown adults to live on campus? Shouldn't it be optional?Am I the only one who missed the memo that it's now a requirement to live on-campus our first year?! 🤔
Probably trying to fill some new housing aka pay for it lolWhy are they forcing grown adults to live on campus? Shouldn't it be optional?
Who trying to get married?Married, children, or property owner.
Where did you read/hear that?Am I the only one who missed the memo that it's now a requirement to live on-campus our first year?! 🤔
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Bee Wise
Full Member
It's in the email that they just sent us about Entra West End and the chick-fil-a scholarship.Where did you read/hear that?
Congrats!!!!!Got an acceptance today! Interviewed in late February.
CongratsGot an acceptance today! Interviewed in late February.
Hey y'all, I'm applying to Morehouse for the upcoming 2020-2021. One thing that's a bit of a struggle for me right now is the lack of information on student experiences that I can find about their medical school. In my opinion, it's harder to find personal experiences of the HBCU med schools on the internet in comparison to the PWIs. How did you guys navigate this?
ETA: Also their website feels very...brief. I don't know. In contrast, Meharry's website is very detailed and really gives a feel for the personality of the school. The committment to their mission is embedded in everything they post. (Though, I still can't find a lot of student experiences from them either.)
ETA: Also their website feels very...brief. I don't know. In contrast, Meharry's website is very detailed and really gives a feel for the personality of the school. The committment to their mission is embedded in everything they post. (Though, I still can't find a lot of student experiences from them either.)
Last edited:
Not on the waitlist and still waiting for a final decision.
stressed0-0
Full Member
I tried to withdraw, but I still receive all the emails and still see Morehouse on my "Choose Your Medical School" tool as well.
They also have not refunded my deposit yet, has anyone had the same problem?
They also have not refunded my deposit yet, has anyone had the same problem?
Has anyone that interviewed during February or later received a decision yet?
Nopeeee but I think there was a poster earlier this week or last that interviewed in February that heard back.Has anyone that interviewed during February or later received a decision yet?
Does anyone think it's the pandemic slowing them down? I mean... I was able to hear back from other schools quickly.
i called. went straight to VM too.I tried to withdraw, but I still receive all the emails and still see Morehouse on my "Choose Your Medical School" tool as well.
They also have not refunded my deposit yet, has anyone had the same problem?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's frustrating because I emailed several times and no response.
I'm just worried nothing will happen and I will get penalized some how after the 30th 🙁
Edit: Still on my Choose your med school tool...
IDK I withdrew from schools easily during the pandemic. It was just an email and I was done in 2 days.Does anyone think it's the pandemic slowing them down? I mean... I was able to hear back from other schools quickly.
I'm just worried nothing will happen and I will get penalized some how after the 30th 🙁
Edit: Still on my Choose your med school tool...
Yeah I don't know what's going on at their end but I hope we get some sort of communication by next week! They have no choice! Lol.It's frustrating because I emailed several times and no response.
IDK I withdrew from schools easily during the pandemic. It was just an email and I was done in 2 days.
I'm just worried nothing will happen and I will get penalized some how after the 30th 🙁
Edit: Still on my Choose your med school tool...
ParisMortonMusic
Full Member
To withdraw, do you just send an email to admissions?
To withdraw, do you just send an email to admissions?
I think that’s what people are doing, but it sounds like nobody is getting a response back that their spot has been successfully withdrawn which means they can’t get their $100 deposit refunded before April 30th
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Had my interview two months ago and still sitting here in radio silence, my interest slowly whittling away...By far the worst administration I have worked with. Future applicants, please read these threads before applying.
+1Still NOT WITHDRAWN
My interest slowly whittling away too....Interviewed back in JanuaryHad my interview two months ago and still sitting here in radio silence, my interest slowly whittling away...
Someone has probably already asked this question, but anyone know if they have started accepting people off of the waitlist?
They haven’t even told some people if they are accepted, rejected, or on the waitlist. So I figure it may be a little while on waitlist movement. The person who got accepted last week didn’t mention the waitlist, so I assumed they are still accepting people from the “no decision yet” pool.
Last edited:
Yeah this is insane to me lol interview about 3 months ago. Not a word. I understand the COVID situation but still I feel like we’ve had more than enough time to adjust at this point.
Yea I was just thinking about this. Considering how crazy this entire process is, especially for the applicants you would think schools would do better at communication. I applied to some schools where the only thing I got is the notification that they received my secondary. One kept sending me emails for open houses and then they asked if I would like to attend their post bacc program. I feel especially with rejections that if they know they should just tell you and get it out of the way, not wait until someone has turned gray before letting them know they have been rejected. Having gone through this process more than once I am so glad I don't have to do it again. It's plain exhausting.Yeah this is insane to me lol interview about 3 months ago. Not a word. I understand the COVID situation but still I feel like we’ve had more than enough time to adjust at this point.
Yes I was honestly thinking about this a few days ago. I really consider myself so blessed to have an acceptance, but Morehouse ranks higher than that school for me. I’m really not trying to waste $300 on a non-refundable April 30th deposit at that school because Morehouse didn’t get back to me before May. I can only imagine the stress of those who are left with the decision of beginning to resubmit app/retake MCAT or waiting on a school decision. It’s crazy! Nevertheless, PRAYING for EVERYONE! We got this future docs!Yea I was just thinking about this. Considering how crazy this entire process is, especially for the applicants you would think schools would do better at communication. I applied to some schools where the only thing I got is the notification that they received my secondary. One kept sending me emails for open houses and then they asked if I would like to attend their post bacc program. I feel especially with rejections that if they know they should just tell you and get it out of the way, not wait until someone has turned gray before letting them know they have been rejected. Having gone through this process more than once I am so glad I don't have to do it again. It's plain exhausting.
SAME. I have an acceptance at a really great DO school and its deposit is $2k. Hearing back from Morehouse before the end of this week would save me $1.9k lol.Yes I was honestly thinking about this a few days ago. I really consider myself so blessed to have an acceptance, but Morehouse ranks higher than that school for me. I’m really not trying to waste $300 on a non-refundable April 30th deposit at that school because Morehouse didn’t get back to me before May. I can only imagine the stress of those who are left with the decision of beginning to resubmit app/retake MCAT or waiting on a school decision. It’s crazy! Nevertheless, PRAYING for EVERYONE! We got this future docs!
ALittleBitofHope
Full Member
I also sent an email to withdraw more than a week ago and haven't gotten a response. This shouldn't surprise me since it took them a month to accept the picture that I sent them for the application.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It took them 3 months to waitlist me in December. They were slow even before the COVID situation.Yeah this is insane to me lol interview about 3 months ago. Not a word. I understand the COVID situation but still I feel like we’ve had more than enough time to adjust at this point.
DO schools don't give refunds just a heads up 😳SAME. I have an acceptance at a really great DO school and its deposit is $2k. Hearing back from Morehouse before the end of this week would save me $1.9k lol.
What email did you use?I'm surprised that a lot of the people who are trying to withdraw haven't heard back yet. They responded to me within a day to confirm that they received my update letter.
DO deposits give me acute blood pressure and anxiety. The nonrefundable part breaks my heart 🙁DO schools don't give refunds just a heads up 😳
