2008-2009 Rush Medical College secondary application thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats Ayushi and mmmfood on your acceptances!!

I also interviewed 11/19, but I haven't heard anything yet...

Members don't see this ad.

yo yo yo. just got the email 6 weeks post-interview. i think im gonna cancel my UIC interview and call it a day. what's up rush 2013?

for those waiting to hear back, please, try not to lose sleep over it!

Did anyone apply to this school just because they love the band Rush?

I really hope that Neil, Geddy and Alex teach at least some of the classes there.:love:

Members don't see this ad :)
So, I've been scheduled for an interview on Jan. 21 according to the status page. Should I be expecting more information via email or snail mail or otherwise?

yeah, they should email you confirmation of date, directions etc. congratulations and good luck for your interview!

Does this mean that they haven't scheduled interviews for February?

Does this mean that they haven't scheduled interviews for February?

When I sent my date request on December 15, I had the choice between Jan. 14, 21, and 28. So, it seems like February will be the next round...

I stopped by the admissions office today because I'm from the Chicago area and wanted to see the school. I was told interviews might be going to April this year, just to give everyone a heads up.

Last edited:
I stopped by the admissions office today because I'm from the Chicago area and wanted to see the school. I was told interviews might be going to April this year, just to give everyone a heads up.

ooo. that's a relief. I think?
Thanks for the information
I was there for NYE and such, I was hoping take a look around but never got the chance. Not that much could have been open anyway. I did like that Rush Medical campus is off the Blue Line on the L -- good to know.

Does anyone know who to contact in order to send an LOI via email?
I didn't want to send a letter through RMC_admissions@
The website isn't setup to be very user-friendly. I wasn't able to find any info on the Deans @ Rush.

Does anyone know who to contact in order to send an LOI via email?

I recall reading somewhere that all received material will be discarded and you will receive no confirmation, or something to that effect.

Otherwise, does anyone know what "[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Supplemental Application 2009 Season is over.." means when I try to login?

Members don't see this ad :)
Otherwise, does anyone know what "[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Supplemental Application 2009 Season is over.." means when I try to login?

I assumed/hoped it means that they stopped accepting new secondary applications January 1st, not that they have stopped giving out interviews.

Edit: Their main page says: "Rush Medical College continues to review applications to determine eligibility for a campus interview, which will continue through early April." Not sure why they don't let you log in to check your status.

Last edited:
Not sure why they don't let you log in to check your status.

Dunno. I just wanted to read my submitted essays so I can present a unified and coherent facade come interview time. :rolleyes:

I recall reading somewhere that all received material will be discarded and you will receive no confirmation, or something to that effect.

I also get that message when I log in. Once before about a month ago when I logged in it said the time had expired for my secondary, but I had already turned it in and been marked complete. So I'm thinking it is a computer error? Hope so!

Sorry in advance for a self-pitying post :oops:. Is anybody **sigh** waiting for an interview invite? I'm desperate to interview at Rush but feel my chances of getting an interview and acceptance are substantially low now that it's January. Is it true that they do not use letters of interest?

I got into UIC (but assigned to Urbana/Rockford) and will do anything to stay in Chicago (I feel very strongly about this). I don't want to keep waiting to hear from Rush if I am just going to be one of their silent rejections when I could suck it up and start looking for apartments in Urbana... **sigh again** Sorry again for the self-pity but thank you for any insight anyone can provide.

Pinky19

I was complete in mid September and didn't hear a thing. I'm a Connecticut resident and I think they prefer locals to some extent.

Last year, I was complete in mid August and got an email in September, 13 months later, informing me that the season was closed .. blah blah.

Good thing they didn't waste paper. Nice of them to inform me of a decision. Better late than never.

Congratulations on your acceptances!! You are lucky.

agreed. be happy for what you have. i would love to say ive been accepted anywhere (especially uic), but it hasnt happened yet. in fact, im still hoping for a uic interview as well as one at rush.

Umm...Can anyone tell me why I don't have an interview at Rush yet?...other than the fact that I obviously have a sense of entitlement and I am kinda arrogant?

Umm...Can anyone tell me why I don't have an interview at Rush yet?...other than the fact that I obviously have a sense of entitlement and I am kinda arrogant?

geez. Asking an honest question to other premeds going through the process about how to proceed with a situation does not make me arrogant or have a sense of entitlement. I have worked very hard for what I have already and didn't mean to piss off anyone and sorry for relying on what I thought seemed like a decent outlet for advice.

geez. Asking an honest question to other premeds going through the process about how to proceed with a situation does not make me arrogant or have a sense of entitlement. I have worked very hard for what I have already and didn't mean to piss off anyone and sorry for relying on what I thought seemed like a decent outlet for advice.

Haha...Hey I didnt even read your post. I was asking an honest question too. I hate when people bash others questions. Sorry to make you feel bad but it was really a question about me. I want to visit Chicago!

I really am arrogant...my mommy even says so!

Last edited:

hey pinky. congrats for your acceptance. i would write an LOI regardless of what other people say. maybe include some updates as well. you never know it might help. i am an OOS and I got in so I don't think rush is unfriendly to OOS people to someone who mentioned it before. i wish you and everyone else good luck:luck:

Because this process is entirely arbitrary?

Anyone heard back from Rush that interviewed on Dec. 3rd (or after)?? Thanks!

hey pinky. congrats for your acceptance. i would write an LOI regardless of what other people say. maybe include some updates as well. you never know it might help. i am an OOS and I got in so I don't think rush is unfriendly to OOS people to someone who mentioned it before. i wish you and everyone else good luck:luck:
i did write an loi to rush- they told me they do not look at them.

Yeah. I wonder if there is a way around this barrier!?
I received a response from Ms. Majeske saying that they received my update ......but... it just wouldn't be used :( In one way, I can see that due to a larger class than many schools and A LOT of application, they need to set some restrictions. I just think that is a little on the rigid side since a lot can (and has) changed since about.. June 2008?

i don't know. they might just say so that not too many people send in updates/LOI. but even if they don't make a difference at least you know you tried.

i don't know. they might just say so that not too many people send in updates/LOI. but even if they don't make a difference at least you know you tried.
thats definitely a good point blues... after i got the email saying they dont look at them, i got kind of scared that maybe it would annoy them and negatively impact their decision, thats the only reason id be worried about sending it.

don't worry about negative impact. i called to ask them the same thing, coz i was considering sending one. they specifically told me to send it. but then i got in ... so i didn't end up doing it. so i'm pretty sure there's no negative effect. good luck!!!

yeah, sorry about that response. i've really been stressed out lately with the whole application thing, but i definitely shouldn't take it out on you.

as a serious response to your original question, rush seems to be conducting interviews through april, so they must still be offering invitations. with the large amounts of apps they are currently reviewing, chances for an invite are decreased significantly from what they were a few months ago, but you should not give up hope yet. you do have impressive stats, and in my mind (aka what im hoping for my own benefit), if youve been put on "hold" for a while, they must at least be considering you. in other words, if you had zero chance, im sure they would have notified you already.

for all who are waiting I just got an interview invite today! Keep up the hope!:luck:

for all who are waiting I just got an interview invite today! Keep up the hope!:luck:

Hey Karate Monkey,

Would you mind saying when you were complete and/or your stats if you don't mind? You can also PM me if you'd prefer; if not that's totally fine. I'm just trying to guage whether there is some kind of system to their interviewing method - like "stronger" applicants earlier or something to that effect. If anyone else has an idea...

Congratulations and good luck with your interview! You give people like me hope!

Pinky

pinky did you send an LOI yet, i really recommend you do

Do they really look at them, because other posters have said that it has no bearing on interview invitations? I have a draft that I could update and send... I can send it and at least I'll know I tried right...

Thanks for your advice!

Thanks for all of the congratulations!

As for my stats etc... I was complete very late like Oct/Nov I can't remember exactly when.

I have a 3.9ish GPA and a 34 MCAT. I have weak EC's (1 shadowing experience and MILD lab exposure) but am a non-trad with some unique experiences. I am In-state as well. Hope this helps! Good luck to everyone!:luck:

Do they really look at them, because other posters have said that it has no bearing on interview invitations? I have a draft that I could update and send... I can send it and at least I'll know I tried right...

Thanks for your advice!

as i said before they might say that just so not too many people write them. but the thing is they tell you to send them. why would they tell us to send something if they aren't going to look at it. anyways, better to know at least you gave it your all. good luck!

I have an LOI ready to submit, I'm just wondering if I should send it as Snail or Email. In either case, i'm confused as to what address to use. I guess RMC_admissions is the email of choice?

I have an LOI ready to submit, I'm just wondering if I should send it as Snail or Email. In either case, i'm confused as to what address to use. I guess RMC_admissions is the email of choice?

i guess send it by email, coz it's faster. or both perhaps. i don't really know the protocol. i just think people should send it if they want to go! good luck:luck:

Anyone know Rush's peer ranking and residency director ranking from US News? Just out of curiosity .

I interviewed 12/3--Just found out Friday about the acceptance! Ya! Anywho--I vowed to never post on this site BUT, I got anxious about my interview date and now an commenting to give hope.

I got a 25 MCAT...Yup. 25. I literally did not study for it, so don't go that route--but I had a fairly cool reason as to why i did not study, so that could be what helped my case.

I am untraditional applicant with a 3.96 GPA with 2 majors and a minor. I'm also an orgo 2 TA, Hospice volunteer, research, Sec 8 housing volunteer, homeless shelter worker, worked in a Dr.'s office for 3+ years, and lots of other EC's, so that really helped my case. BUT I did get a 25...so ya--totally didn't think I was getting in this semester and is why i only turned in secondaries to 3 schools.

Hope this helps those who felt they didn't have a chance...I got in, so I'm SURE there's hope for many!

congrats pdcdbeck! are you going there for sure?

I interviewed 12/3--Just found out Friday about the acceptance! Ya! Anywho--I vowed to never post on this site BUT, I got anxious about my interview date and now an commenting to give hope.

I got a 25 MCAT...Yup. 25. I literally did not study for it, so don't go that route--but I had a fairly cool reason as to why i did not study, so that could be what helped my case.

I am untraditional applicant with a 3.96 GPA with 2 majors and a minor. I'm also an orgo 2 TA, Hospice volunteer, research, Sec 8 housing volunteer, homeless shelter worker, worked in a Dr.'s office for 3+ years, and lots of other EC's, so that really helped my case. BUT I did get a 25...so ya--totally didn't think I was getting in this semester and is why i only turned in secondaries to 3 schools.

Hope this helps those who felt they didn't have a chance...I got in, so I'm SURE there's hope for many!

hey. are you in-state?

has anyone gotten any interview invites lately? I'm getting super antsy over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.