2008-2009 UCLA/Drew Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, cheer up. I think there is still hope. There are still a few interview dates in March, which means they have probably not given all of the seats away. In my experience, most schools will continue accepting until the interviews are over, even if that only means there are a few spots left. Keep your heads up, and lets wait until April/Early May to begin pouting! :)

lol.........angry pout: ENGAGED........

Now that I think of it, it would be odd to interview kids who would have a negative chance of getting in huh?

Medrockr.........thanks for bringing a glimmer of hope (and rationality).......

Members don't see this ad.

I'm so stressed out waiting for news from Drew, its ALL I think about. Its my top #1 choice school so why can't they just accept me already!!

I literally call Sandy every week and hear the same thing. Hopefully I will hear some good news by mid-April. Until then...faithfully praying and fasting!!

I'm so stressed out waiting for news from Drew, its ALL I think about. Its my top #1 choice school so why can't they just accept me already!!

I literally call Sandy every week and hear the same thing. Hopefully I will hear some good news by mid-April. Until then...faithfully praying and fasting!!

What has she said about UCLA this week? still no movement?

Members don't see this ad :)
What time do you guys usually call when she answers? I have been calling for almost two weeks and she never picks up or returns my voice mail!

Welcome august3, and great find! King would reopen just in time for the class of 2013 to possibly take some 4th year rotations there. Nice! Let's keep our fingers crossed that plans proceed with minimal fuss.

Welcome august3, and great find! King would reopen just in time for the class of 2013 to possibly take some 4th year rotations there. Nice! Let's keep our fingers crossed that plans proceed with minimal fuss.

Thanks for the welcome! It would be great to have rotations at King. I also found this year's match list for Drew. It looks like they did incredibly well!

http://www.cdrewu.edu/assets/pdfs/Match results 2009.pdf

Good matchlist, alot of good IM matches. I saw where my interviewer matched, kind of funny.

wow..........the matchlist is something I haven't even began to think about............This never ends does it!?

wow..........the matchlist is something I haven't even began to think about............This never ends does it!?

Not really. But the bright side is that once you're in med school, all you have to do is bear down and do the work. By the time the match comes around, it won't be if you get in, it will be where.

See it through!

I had the weirdest dream last night........I was at my comp. and all of the sudden, everybody in the thread came over and just chilled and ate bagels (yeah in my dream there is a bagel bar)..........I have no clue what any of you look like, but my mind gave you all faces and body types..........and we all just kinda hung out..........It was quite nice actually...........

lol... pass the cream cheese and lox, please!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody with any updates, anyone admitted recently, waitlisted.... any status updates would be much appreciated. Good Luck to everybody!

yeah, has anybody spoken to sandy? I called her, no response........calling her is a game of chance, so I am not surprised......

Well I don't know if this is an indication of anything but they finally activated the accepted students checklist on the UCLA website. I checked it about 12 hours ago and it finally worked for me. The most urgent thing on the checklist is an RSVP for a recruitment day weekend held on 4/26 that's due on 4/6.

They probably activated it after the admitted class reached a certain number out of the 24, but that is only my guess. I recommend you guys email Sandy for any info if phone tag turned to freeze tag. When I was doing my campaign to get a response from her, email typically was returned at a better rate. Anecdotely, she checks it after 4 pm :prof:.

Hello everybody, I interviewed at Drew back in January and am also still waiting for a reply. I've been obsessively checking this forum for a while, but today I am making my first post ever because the wait is torturing me, and I thought talking to others in the same boat will be helpful :)

Also, to offer some info, I called Sandy about 3 weeks ago to check on my status and she said that no decision has been made (not surprising). She also mentioned something along the lines of "when your file goes for review again." I'm assuming this meant that my file had been reviewed once already, but does anybody have any insight? Since then I have tried calling twice (once this week), but no answer.

Hopefully we will hear something soon. Any advice on how to avoid worrying everyday?

Just want to say congratulations to those who have been accepted so far and plan on coming to CDU. Welcome to the Drew Family:)

For those who are still waiting hang in there...

Hey!
I interviewed back in January also, from what I was told by Sandy; each file is reviewed post-interview by Drew and then sent to UCLA, where they review and rank the batch somehow. Then the files are sent back to Drew where they review your file again. The top students of the batch are accepted, the bottom ones are rejected and the ones in the middle are either re-reviewed or waitlisted.

I have been calling Sandy neurotically, hopefully she doesn't have caller ID!! The only time I was ever able to get through on the first try was when I called and found out I was invited to interview, other than that It has been so hard to contact her. I did talk to Ms. Desiree last week though, and she said that all students who have not been accepted will receive a status-update e-mail in about 3 weeks. She said that many acceptances will go out late april/early may

So..... More waiting!!!

yey, for more waiting. You said they reject the bottom of the pile, has anyone been rejected post interview?

Late april/early may? That seems so far away! But, I guess that is better than hearing earlier about a rejection. Thanks for the info, Merissa87.

LATE APRIL/early MAY...i guess ANOTHER 4-5 weeks isnt that bad..hahha. hopefully, I wont get the rejection email in 3 weeks...so if u past by the 3 week status update email and didnt get rejected..ur fine and dandy? ur either waitlisted or possibly accepted.

She didn't say that ALL the acceptances were going to go out in late april/early may, just that SOME of them will be going out until then.

Calm down guys!

hmm, so you mean people will be accepted before then? late april/early may is probably when the class will be filled up.

Nobody has posted on this for a few days, can someone post and let us know what Sandy told them, thanks.

It seems like sandy is MIA.........I called and left a message and never got anything back.........somebody picked up the phone another time and told me to please be patient during these few weeks........so nothing really has happened......

It seems like sandy is MIA.........I called and left a message and never got anything back.........somebody picked up the phone another time and told me to please be patient during these few weeks........so nothing really has happened......

Is she purposefully not answering/replying? Strange... My guess is that if Desiree said status updates will go out in 3 weeks that there will be a group of acceptances before then.

Is she purposefully not answering/replying? Strange... My guess is that if Desiree said status updates will go out in 3 weeks that there will be a group of acceptances before then.

I'm guessing that if each of us calls, say 1 time a week, or more when she doesn't respond or we are wiggin', it may be that tons of people are calling the office......I am sure she hates the sound of the phone ringing by now.......

I am not sure how long she has worked there but I am sure she's used to the nerotic pre-med calls by now. That pre med being me, calling every week to hear the same answer.

Are they letting students know how many acceptances of the 24 have been offered as of yet?

That is really odd.......every time I inquire about the seats, they say that it is not public info............I guess I must be asking wrong...........

That is really odd.......every time I inquire about the seats, they say that it is not public info............I guess I must be asking wrong...........

You gotta know how to work it. :p

I think she just tells me that vague answer just to get me to stop asking it.

lol........yeah I specifically ask If she can tell me how many seats remain open.........so I guess she'd rather tell me "I can't Say" than "Meh..... some are taken, and some may or not be...." lol......I don't know which I like better.......

hey, well i interviewed mid december and havnt heard anything yet. sandy emailed me back upon inquiry saying that no decision had been made. has anyone sent in a letter of interest or anything of that sort? i remember at the interview the med students said that they dont care about that stuff...but i figure it doesnt hurt to try right?

hey, well i interviewed mid december and havnt heard anything yet. sandy emailed me back upon inquiry saying that no decision had been made. has anyone sent in a letter of interest or anything of that sort? i remember at the interview the med students said that they dont care about that stuff...but i figure it doesnt hurt to try right?

When did she email you?

On her answering machine it says she will be out until monday. I'm worried though b/c I've always had problems getting e-mails from Drew. Hopefully nothing was e-mailed and I didn't recieve it, wish someone would answer when I call!!!

I talked to Taresa on the phone yesterday (she was returning my call about getting the email address of my interviewer) and she told me that they are trying to have all decisions out by APRIL 20th. So, there is not too much more waiting...:thumbup:

So are these decisions for only new interviewees or all interviewees? Man I hope we hear something by than. I am getting close to 5 months post interview.

So are these decisions for only new interviewees or all interviewees? Man I hope we hear something by than. I am getting close to 5 months post interview.

It seems like its both new and old........I asked about mine and they said that they still had not made a decision but they would within the next weeks. I think some are getting kept longer along with the later interviewees............What I was told is that no decision is better than a rejection.........I guess there may already be a rejection pile..........aargh :bang:

APRIL 20TH? head EXPLODESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Hi Everyone!! I'm completely new to the site and just wanted to add.. THank you so much for all the info.

I also just wanted ot tell you guys they are still interviewing. I have my interview with them TOMORROW!!! Any advice?

Hi Everyone!! I'm completely new to the site and just wanted to add.. THank you so much for all the info.

I also just wanted ot tell you guys they are still interviewing. I have my interview with them TOMORROW!!! Any advice?

hi tracy!
the only advice i can give you is the obvious...be yourself! you probably already know you'll have a group interview and a one-on-one...the solo interview will be with a faculty member or a medical student. good luck tomorrow! :)

Hi everyone, thanks for all the great advice on this forum. I'm going to have my interview tomorrow as well, so really I appreciate all of this. I guess I'll see you tomorrow, Tracy!

For the people that interviewed today, did Drew say anything about how many spots are open and when they would get back to you guys?

they gave us probably the same answer they gave you guys...how its a vey difficult time, they're working their best speed up the process, they will notify you asasp. They did not mention how many spot available or if they have already sent out any acceptance at all

they gave us probably the same answer they gave you guys...how its a vey difficult time, they're working their best speed up the process, they will notify you asasp. They did not mention how many spot available or if they have already sent out any acceptance at all

LOL...so far..theres at least 6-7 pplz on SDN that already got in....the hope continues....

how hard can it be to at least waitlist some people. Its just ridiculous to have to wait 5 months for a decision.

yes, this wait is indeed torture...but at the same time i would rather them give me a slow YES :)xf:) than a fast no.

Status
Not open for further replies.