-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2008-2009 UCLA/Drew Secondary Application Thread
Started by BlackDr2b
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
yeah..i was just wondering because i read on this thread that someone who interviewed in nov. was waitlisted after the interview and was notified by sandy via phone call. I just want to know whether i'm accepted or waitlisted, so I can enjoy my vacation..hahha i guess no news is "good" news!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I agree, I don't recall anyone on this thread stating they were waitlisted, or even rejected. I just remember the 4 or so people that posted they were accepted back in Jan. But if anyone should read this who has been waitlisted or rejected, or know someone who has, could you give a quick post?
@ BJ, could you have read that post on another thread?
@ BJ, could you have read that post on another thread?
So do you guys think we will be hearing something this week.
Grrrrr....I hope so..........
yeah, i probably read it in last's years forum through search. hopefully, we'll hear something this week or next week.
I remember reading those posts asakkings. If I remember correctly those people did eventually find out, but it wasn't until June or July. That's definitely a long time to wait and not even know if you're waitlisted, and I hope there wont be a repeat of that situation this year. It's still early though, seeing how it seems no one has been waitlisted yet, so lets keep hoping and praying we hear some good news. I sure hope we hear something this week, but even if we don't, I have a feeling that at least some of us will hear something before that March 30th deadline, and there aren't too many weeks before then. I mean supposedly there are batches at UCLA already, right? So some sort of decision should be nearing for some of us.
Keep hoping and praying guys! It's still early and I have a feeling there will be at least two more batches of notifications, this month and sometime in April/May, before the May 15th deadline. And after May 15th, waitlist movement will start kicking in, like asakkings stated. Based on previous years posts it looks like there is some decent waitlist movement.
Keep hoping and praying guys! It's still early and I have a feeling there will be at least two more batches of notifications, this month and sometime in April/May, before the May 15th deadline. And after May 15th, waitlist movement will start kicking in, like asakkings stated. Based on previous years posts it looks like there is some decent waitlist movement.
Interview at drew yesterday made me nervous....b/c I realllllllllllllllllly liked the school
Its all over now, congrats! Welcome to the waiting game, hopefully your wait isn't that bad. How many interviewees were with you yesterday?
Also in those old threads it seemed like ppl who interviewed in mar and april were lucky and heard back in normal 4-6weeks range. I hope you are right about the mar 30th date.
Also in those old threads it seemed like ppl who interviewed in mar and april were lucky and heard back in normal 4-6weeks range. I hope you are right about the mar 30th date.
lol, me too! Keep in mind though that I'm just guessing based off the information that I've found. I'm not sure how strictly medical schools/Drew follow the AAMC recommendations. I didn't even know about that particular deadline until I dug around the old threads and Googled for it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel the same exact way. I have almost given up on Drew and just chopped it up as a loss.
Don't chalk it up just yet......where have you been? its been a while!
Don't chalk it up just yet......where have you been? its been a while!
I haven't been around on this thread becuz I had kinda given up on Drew. Trying to remain a little positive, but at this point, I don't know. Just kind of disappointed becuz we were told 4-6 weeks and it has been 4 months. Oh well...
I haven't been around on this thread becuz I had kinda given up on Drew. Trying to remain a little positive, but at this point, I don't know. Just kind of disappointed becuz we were told 4-6 weeks and it has been 4 months. Oh well...
Lol........4-6 weeks........yah.....I think they meant 4-6 weeks after a 10-15 week wait..........lol............I fully understand though...........24 seats is a small number........
Its all over now, congrats! Welcome to the waiting game, hopefully your wait isn't that bad. How many interviewees were with you yesterday?
about 10 interviewees
wow that is a really low #, kind of gives me hope. I think we had something like 24-25 at my interview.about 10 interviewees
i guess if the number of interviewees is decreasing...they're about to make their FINAL decisions...yaikes
i guess if the number of interviewees is decreasing...
I'm thinking that that is how they are compensating for the number of interview dates and interviewees......I remember somebody saying that there were some 7-9 interview dates verified thus far......I had 22 people at my interview, 150-200 people get interviews, so I think that the math may just be working itself out...................I think I am just trying to justify a way to get rid of that FINAL DECISION thing.......lol........

lol........you guys wanna hear funny news?......I just called sandy......she told me that although they had sent my file (not the news), there wouldn't be a adcom meeting till not next week, but the one after.......yep.......at least we'll sleep easy after this acceptance-less weekend.....hang in there...


I tried calling and emailing Sandy this week and she hasn't replied to my voice mail or email. What should I do? It sounds like she has picked up other people's calls from the sound of others posts...
Hey ...I was wondering if they actually sent their files to interview because according to Andrea Cook (one of the Admissions staff members) at my interview...she said that they have one admissions committee with UCLA representation on it?
i think what she meant was that there is one drew adcom and a UCLA adcom..........your file gets sent to UCLA and they give a thumbs up/down there......
Hey guys. I rarely ever post but I'm on here everyday--compulsively. I don't know if the admissions committee meetings are as systematic as they say. They must have met last week. I found someone who interviewed back in November and got accepted last week (she posted on the Drew Class of 2013 thread). I asked her to post here about her acceptance because she is trying to choose between 2 programs and I think this thread has a lot of valuable insight on Drew. So...hopefully we will hear good news soon?😕
Last edited:
Hey guys. I rarely ever post but I'm on here everyday--compulsively. I don't know if the admissions committee meetings are as systematic as they say. They must have met last week. I found someone who interviewed back in November and got accepted last week (she posted on the Drew Class of 2013 thread). I asked her to post here about her acceptance because she is trying to choose between 2 programs and I think this thread has a lot of valuable insight on Drew. So...hopefully we will hear good news soon?😕
Hi app, I just read the post you're referring to. It doesn't specifically say that they were accepted last week. They mainly ask for advice on which program to choose, so it could be that they were one of the people given an acceptance back in Jan. I'll try PMing them.
Hi app, I just read the post you're referring to. It doesn't specifically say that they were accepted last week. They mainly ask for advice on which program to choose, so it could be that they were one of the people given an acceptance back in Jan. I'll try PMing them.
I PMed and asked them when she interviewed and heard back from Drew. She said she interviewed in November and heard back last week.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i also got the amazing news last monday. best wishes to everyone who is still waiting!
january
I am officially chalking this up to a loss now. I interviewed in December and still nothing. Its just baffles me that this school does not have the courtesy to send me a rejection/waitlist letter. I paid alot of money to fly across country to go there the least that can be done is to send me a letter.
Congrats dena doc, when did you get the call.
Last week. I interviewed in November.
congrats dena doc!!!!
If you don't mind me asking, is Drew your # 1 choice or do you have other acceptances?
I got into other schools, but I'm definitely going to Drew.
Congrats epoy! If you don't mind me asking, is Drew your number 1 choice?
Thanks! Yea, I'm definitely going to Drew.
From the looks of things I can probably recall 12 people on SDN stating they received an acceptance from Drew, so I'm assuming the other half that receive acceptances do not post on here, meaning there is a very small likelihood of even one spot being open.
sadly it sounds like you are right. 🙁From the looks of things I can probably recall 12 people on SDN stating they received an acceptance from Drew, so I'm assuming the other half that receive acceptances do not post on here, meaning there is a very small likelihood of even one spot being open.
Congrats to all of those who have received their acceptances to Drew!!! You have been blessed! If there has been anyone who has received rejections/wailist, could you please post? As no one has posted about rejections/waitlist, I'll take that as good news for now.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Guys, cheer up. I think there is still hope. There are still a few interview dates in March, which means they have probably not given all of the seats away. In my experience, most schools will continue accepting until the interviews are over, even if that only means there are a few spots left. Keep your heads up, and lets wait until April/Early May to begin pouting! 🙂
my estimation is that there are 15-18 seats already filled. so about 6-9 seats are still open. out of the 15-18 seats, 2-3 of the people will either go to UCSF or UCI-PRIME or UCSD. just assuming from last year's posts...
however....180 folks or so like myself and other dedicated SDN-ers will be disappointed... :/
- Status
- Not open for further replies.