2008-2009 UCLA/Drew Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Called today and actually got to talk to someone. Said no decision was made on my file yet but would be made by April 20th like someone previously stated......

Members don't see this ad.

so looks like April 20th is the magic date than.

by April 20th, they mean June 20th then right? of next year? :rolleyes: lol.......I'm just sick of waiting........I really want to get in already!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
by April 20th, they mean June 20th then right? of next year? :rolleyes: lol.......I'm just sick of waiting........I really want to get in already!
I wouldnt put it past them to make it Jun 20th. I would be so pissed if i got a waitlist letter in June.

Whew, its been a long time since I've posted. April 20th, huh? Let's hope that its that date. If not, I'm sure we'll hear something before May 15th. Best of luck everyone!!!

hey guys, dont really post on here, but i just talked to teresa and she said that they plan on having "one big meeting to make all their decisions" very soon because they are done interviewing and that we should know by mid-late april (she didnt give a specific date)...hope that helps :)

praying everyone gets in at least somewhere...

I also just talked to someone in the admissions office and she said that since my file hadnt been rejected that its a good sign. And she some people have been rejected post interview. God I hope we hear some good news soon.

just wondering...is this all of your guys' top choice...or your last school to hear from/only school to hear from?

for me its a combination of all of them haha

its my top choice, I have been accepted at one school already and will hopefully get accepted at another. But this is my top choice and I have written a letter to the committee saying that.

Same, it's my top choice and the last school I'm waiting to hear from. I've been accepted to 3 others, but REALLY want go to Drew.

well, I am waiting for a response from drew and from davis........quite honestly, I don't even check the davis page, no offence to davis, or those going there, but I have been hanging around drew for the past ~9 years.......I REEEAAAALLLLLYYYYY am hell bent on going into the drew program...............and THANK GOD for that "if your file is still alive, it is a good sign" news......

yeah i feel you guys on the top choice and really wanting to go there...you all must be cool people for wanting to go there as well ;)

well, i have faith it works out for the best, i guess its just sitting and waiting now...

I also just talked to someone in the admissions office and she said that since my file hadnt been rejected that its a good sign. And she some people have been rejected post interview. God I hope we hear some good news soon.

have they been informed? i havent heard of a post-interview rejection on SDN...maybe drew have rejected people already but wont inform them till april 20th???

Members don't see this ad :)
Then again, I was also told that "no decision" is better than a rejection, so I guess that even if they haven't gone out, some rejections have already been made..........

the person I spoke with wasnt Sandy so I am not sure if she might have just mixed up pre int and post int rejections. But i specifically asked for post int and she said there had been rejections made, so take that with a grain of salt and hope for the best.

I guess we should hear back this week or next week. If anybody gets the "magic phone call" please post. If anybody receives a letter in the mail, please post.

I went to revise it and then my comp froze, anyways I was told we would hear back next week when Sandy is back in the office. Either an acceptance by phone call, rejection/waitlist by snail mail.

Good luck everybody, its been a long time but hope we hear some good news.

they call you? what number? what if i hang up because i think it's a telemarketng call?:eek:

just got a letter in the mail......needless to say, it was very thin.........good luck to the lucky ones.........

so the blood bath begins. I am sorry to hear about your rejection carlogu, are you in So cal.

I guess i am getting mine tomorrow in nor cal. nothing today though. Its scary.

Dated April 7, if you guys get nothing in the mail today or tomorrow you should be accepted or waitlisted.

so does this mean they already had their big meeting or whatever that was supposed to happen next week?

OMG OMG!! Going downstairs to check my mail right now!

When I called on the 6th they said no decision was made yet.

Hopefully I get some good news!

Carolgu- I'm sorry :( Hopefully you hear something soon from Davis!

well your feeling was wrong melissa after 5 months of waiting i get the axe.

daanngggg.....that sucks bc i know how bad u wanted 2 go 2 Drew. atleast u have an acceptance. im out of town 4 easter but as soon as i get back im checking my mail!

has anyone recieved an acceptance letter or are these by phone calls only? im all the way in TX so it might take a few extra days for me to find out anything.

Im praying for good news for the rest of us!

I think the acceptances are by phone. I haven't received a rejection letter or a phone call. So I don't know what that means...I'm hoping Sandy only makes the calls and returns Monday...

i also got the cold thin letter..another victim on april 7th

Sorry to hear about the rejections guys. It feels so odd hoping to not receive something in the mail, as opposed to the feeling over the past months of hoping for something in the mail. I was just curious if anyone knows the logistics of their waitlist. Since they do not accept more than 24 people at first, that means there has to be some movement. But does anyone know approximately how many people they waitlist? I haven't heard anything yet, but I was just hoping for an idea, in case I'm lucky enough not to get rejected, but unfortunate to not get accepted as well. With my luck, it seems like I should just assume a waitlist because that's the only positive news I've received so far from anyone.

This thread had a lot of info about waitlist movement in the 2008 cycle. It's filled with actual accounts with a modicum of guesswork. From the looks of things nothing moves until the May deadline. I'll be going to a med student mixer at Drew on the 24th of this month so I'll try to get some inside info if you're still curious.

Still nothing in the mail here in Texas. Does anyone know if the postal service was working on Good Friday and on Saturday?? I'm thinking if I was to get a letter I should have recieved it by now...

Hey did anyone hear anything lately? Any waitlists?

Hey did anyone hear anything lately? Any waitlists?

I have not heard anything. I interviewed in late march, so it seems hard to believe they could come out with a decision by April 20th, given how slow ucla is at making ANY kind of decision. Has anyone been accepted so far within a 3-4 week time window from their interview?

I have not heard anything. I interviewed in late march, so it seems hard to believe they could come out with a decision by April 20th, given how slow ucla is at making ANY kind of decision. Has anyone been accepted so far within a 3-4 week time window from their interview?

If you interviewed on or before March 21 and have not heard anything yet, then that means you were not rejected and have a very good shot at an acceptance or waitlist. What day did you interview?

I interviewed on Jan 24th and was told on Monday that there was still no decision on my file. I think they are making decisions in the order that they interviewed people...

I'm going to call again on Friday and see if anything has changed

Just wanted to pop in and say good luck and God bless to everybody that is still waiting. I have given up on Drew. I interviewed on 11/15 and still haven't heard anything. Oh well. I pray that everybody who hasnt heard anything yet will receive the desires of their heart. I always check in on this thread to see how everybody is doing. I look forward to reading about yall's success. God bless!

Just wanted to pop in and say good luck and God bless to everybody that is still waiting. I have given up on Drew. I interviewed on 11/15 and still haven't heard anything. Oh well. I pray that everybody who hasnt heard anything yet will receive the desires of their heart. I always check in on this thread to see how everybody is doing. I look forward to reading about yall's success. God bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.