Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My app was completed in mid-september and I have not heard anything from Albany yet. What does this mean? Is this generally a good thing?
They probably still need to get around to looking at you.
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
My app was completed in mid-september and I have not heard anything from Albany yet. What does this mean? Is this generally a good thing?
Thanks, you give me hope. Good luck on rest of your interviews.
I'd like to destroy your hope by saying my interview was amazing and I was put on the UC list. Although I think a lot of people will be accepted off that list because they seem to be accepting very few people this cycle (or at least very few SDNers relatively to last year).
Try to keep up hope through this whole process. It's long and tiring, but luckily, despite the statistics mentioned above, the UC list at Albany generally does move much more than they tell you at the interview (they were speaking of the wait list when saying that at times they get no movement, NOT the UC list). So keep up the hard work and it will eventually pay off.
I got an interview invite on 12/21 (my birthday! 🙂) This was rather surprising considering that I got the 'status update after new years email.' Has this happened to anyone else?
Edit: Yay 100th post!
Congrats.
This was my first contact with Albany since my submission. Though I think I read previously in this thread that the same thing happened with BlueElmo.
Interview invite! I received an email yesterday after submitting my secondary 9/16. The dates available for interview were in the first and second weeks of March. Looking forward to making the trip.
god this place is in bfe.
Hold listed pre-interview. Is this game over for this school?
just got the "under consideration" email. too bad you can't find out your rank. thought the interview went really well... seems like UC can turn into an acceptance at any time though. really not sure if I would go here over MCW, but at least I don't have to make that decision yet
When did you interview?
Withdrawing my app under UC status. Good luck everyone.
. Good Luck!For anyone that interviewed in the afternoon (start at 11:15), what time where you done?
I'm hoping to catch a bus back to boston that leaves at 4:30
thanks!
Anyone know what the grading system here is like?
Accepted! 😀
Just got the email after being 'under consideration' since 12/1.
My first acceptance! I can't believe it!
Accepted! 😀
Just got the email after being 'under consideration' since 12/1.
My first acceptance! I can't believe it!
Woow congrats!! 👍👍
I guess this means they don't wait till April to take the UC people?? Oooh but now I just sit around nervous all the time 😀 😀
Congrats again!!
That's good news for us on the UC list! Except I didn't get an email this week so 🙁
Hopefully soon!


Ohhh Albany,
You don't use AMCAS. You accept no updates or phone calls. Silent rejection king! Your ninja skills against applicants is impressive 🙄
I'm pretty sure they reject either via email or snail mail. As far as I know there aren't any silent rejections.
I just got the same email today!! (Also U/C since 12/1). I was in complete disbelief! There's still hope, guys!
🙁
The sad thing is, this is encouraging to me, but I know it should be discouraging because I didn't get the email. The only happy part is that I know they'll be lowering the minimum score again soon, and hopefully above it 🙂
Probably not though. I seem to have terrible luck this year.
Let it give you hope!
From what I hear Albany makes their UC list move a lot so they can fill their class by the time the waitlist comes out, leaving typically very little waitlist movement.
I have also been on the UC list since 12/1 so this gives me a ton of hope!!! Also timing wise (from posts on SDN) it seems Albany sent out their UC list emails in a list. I wonder if those who got them on different days are on different places on the list or if was just done alphabetically.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed on Albany for me and for everyone else on the UC list!!!
Good Luck All!!!

Hmm I wonder this too. I got mine the DAY after the committee met. I wonder if this means I'd be in the middle: easy to not accept, easy to not reject![]()
I'm pretty sure they reject either via email or snail mail. As far as I know there aren't any silent rejections.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.