-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2009-2010 Rosalind Franklin Application Thread
Started by shemarty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
I smell an SDN meet up brewing!
Lol add me to the list. Going 10 26 as well. HahahhahA
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys! What's the most efficient way (cheapest =]) to get from O'Hare International to RFU? Cab sounds so expensive, but I don't know anything about the train system.
Interview invite today. OOS. I dont recall being small pooled.
... so does RFU take time to complete a file? Im tempted to call them today and ask what the status of mine is. I turned it in aug 31 so its been 3.5 weeks now. should i call and ask or wait another week?
I got confirmation that they received my secondary mid August, but when I e-mailed about my status last week I was still not complete. I guess, like every other school, RFU got a ridiculous amount of applicants this cycle. Whoever wrote the email was really nice, though! I suggest asking that way.... so does RFU take time to complete a file? Im tempted to call them today and ask what the status of mine is. I turned it in aug 31 so its been 3.5 weeks now. should i call and ask or wait another week?
What does it take to be small pooled? Do a considerable amount of ppl get small pooled or is it only the ones they're seriously considering?
Also..is it just an mcat/gpa cutoff? or is the secondary looked at?
Thanks!
Also..is it just an mcat/gpa cutoff? or is the secondary looked at?
Thanks!
I didn't get small pooled, but I did get an interview invite.What does it take to be small pooled? Do a considerable amount of ppl get small pooled or is it only the ones they're seriously considering?
Also..is it just an mcat/gpa cutoff? or is the secondary looked at?
Thanks!
Hey guys! What's the most efficient way (cheapest =]) to get from O'Hare International to RFU? Cab sounds so expensive, but I don't know anything about the train system.
Priceline a car rental, and bring a GPS or print out google directions.
Actually, if you haven't already bought your plane ticket, I would fly into Mitchell Airport (south of Milwaukee). It's approximately the same distance away from RF and there will be a ton less traffic. Plus, Mitchell is a lot less busy. May be worthwhile to compare ticket prices...Priceline a car rental, and bring a GPS or print out google directions.
Actually, if you haven't already bought your plane ticket, I would fly into Mitchell Airport (south of Milwaukee). It's approximately the same distance away from RF and there will be a ton less traffic. Plus, Mitchell is a lot less busy. May be worthwhile to compare ticket prices...
Meh... google maps says it's 50 miles from mitchell vs 30 miles from ORD. There will be a lot less traffic though, so it might be worth it if the tickets are cheaper. In any case, driving is probably the most efficient way to get to RFU from either airport.
Last edited:
Nvm, my google maps was taking crazy pills!
Agreed though that driving, if you're legally allowed to rent a car, is the prime way to go. Otherwise there's always a long string of train rides...
Agreed though that driving, if you're legally allowed to rent a car, is the prime way to go. Otherwise there's always a long string of train rides...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh, and according to google maps, you could walk and make it there in ~7hrs. if that suits you, lol
what do you mean.
Nvm, my google maps was taking crazy pills!
Agreed though that driving, if you're legally allowed to rent a car, is the prime way to go. Otherwise there's always a long string of train rides...
Don't you have to be at least 21 to rent for some places? =[ I'm most worried about getting to the airport on time after the interview.
I thought it was 25 to legally rent a car.Don't you have to be at least 21 to rent for some places? =[ I'm most worried about getting to the airport on time after the interview.
Ok. Just looked it up, enterprise has a policy where you can rent as a 21 year old if you pay a $25/day fee. Go for enterprise!
hmmm...25/day extra charge...so 50 right there..plus the original charge...prolly be more economical to take a cab...plus im staying right next to RFUOk. Just looked it up, enterprise has a policy where you can rent as a 21 year old if you pay a $25/day fee. Go for enterprise!
Ok. Just looked it up, enterprise has a policy where you can rent as a 21 year old if you pay a $25/day fee. Go for enterprise!
Haha...I won't be 21. Otherwise, I'd be more than willing to pay the extra fee.
Oh shucks! I feel so bad for its location that I'm tempted to provide my own shuttle service, lolHaha...I won't be 21. Otherwise, I'd be more than willing to pay the extra fee.
I just finished putting together my Rosalind Franklin secondary for mailing, hope it's not too late. Anyway, if anyone's interested, I figured out a way to save the application.
Just use a PDF printing program (Such as BullZip, which is free). You won't be able to edit it afterwards, but it's still useful to have a copy, in case you need to look at it again or reprint. I'm thinking about whether or not I want to take the resulting PDF to the printers, to get it done on high-quality paper. Think Adcoms notice that sort of detail?
Just use a PDF printing program (Such as BullZip, which is free). You won't be able to edit it afterwards, but it's still useful to have a copy, in case you need to look at it again or reprint. I'm thinking about whether or not I want to take the resulting PDF to the printers, to get it done on high-quality paper. Think Adcoms notice that sort of detail?
Oh shucks! I feel so bad for its location that I'm tempted to provide my own shuttle service, lol
You would make a crap load of money! I guess I'll just take the taxi...so expensive. Yikes.
is this invite snail mail? my dad said i got an invite from a chicago school by mail (he said university of chicago - but i didn't apply there) but i have no clue if its rfu/nw/UIC
is this invite snail mail? my dad said i got an invite from a chicago school by mail (he said university of chicago - but i didn't apply there) but i have no clue if its rfu/nw/UIC
Probably UIC.
is this invite snail mail? my dad said i got an invite from a chicago school by mail (he said university of chicago - but i didn't apply there) but i have no clue if its rfu/nw/UIC
RFU sends invites by email.
What does it take to be small pooled? Do a considerable amount of ppl get small pooled or is it only the ones they're seriously considering?
Also..is it just an mcat/gpa cutoff? or is the secondary looked at?
Thanks!
Does anyone know if the small pooling was based off MCAT/gpa cutoff? Or did they look at ur entire app?
I hope those of us interviewing this week and next hear about decisions on Oct 15!!

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does anybody know if rosalind franklin offers student hosting? thanks in advance!
Yes they do. It's really expensive, but you get what you pay for. I live in it and it's really nice, really clean, really expensive. Everything is paid for except electricity. Heat is included, so in the winter, you can crank that thing up.
You can check out their site here.
Just got small pooled, came here to see whether that was a rejection or not. Guess I'm happy? lol.
To my knowledge there is no student hosting. Here is a transport tip though. If you do end up taking a cab to CMS from the Ohare you can likely split a cab on the way back with some other applicants.does anybody know if rosalind franklin offers student hosting? thanks in advance!
Also, I guess today was the first day of interviews. I saw a lot of nervous people in suits... Good Luck everyone!
hmmm...25/day extra charge...so 50 right there..plus the original charge...prolly be more economical to take a cab...plus im staying right next to RFU
A cab from ORD to North Chicago would cost a lot of money.
I fly into ORD often -- I go to Northwestern. When I fell like it's too late to ride the trains/busses alone, I take a cab from ORD to Evanston. It's only 16 miles, but I still usually pay anywhere from $35 to $60, depending on traffic. (Why so much? Because cabs charge meter-and-a-half once you're outside Chicago city limits.)
Bear that in mind. North Chicago is 30 miles from ORD.
P.S. My avatar is 100% a joke.
Did anyone interview yesterday? Leave some Interview Feedback!
To my knowledge there is no student hosting. Here is a transport tip though. If you do end up taking a cab to CMS from the Ohare you can likely split a cab on the way back with some other applicants.
Also, I guess today was the first day of interviews. I saw a lot of nervous people in suits... Good Luck everyone!
ive never heard of a student hosting program here, either. maybe for a few bucks you could crash on my couch (i live in the student housing). 😀
and yeah, good luck to everyone with interviews coming up.
im in the jacuzzi here as well
just got this, application was received 8/12...
Dear Applicant;
This email is to notify you that your materials have been received, and your application is complete. Your file will now go through an initial screening process. CMS notifies applicants of status changes through email and/or mail.
If you have any questions, please email the Admissions Office at [email protected].
Thank you,
CMS Admissions Office
Dear Applicant;
This email is to notify you that your materials have been received, and your application is complete. Your file will now go through an initial screening process. CMS notifies applicants of status changes through email and/or mail.
If you have any questions, please email the Admissions Office at [email protected].
Thank you,
CMS Admissions Office
just got this, application was received 8/12...
Dear Applicant;
This email is to notify you that your materials have been received, and your application is complete. Your file will now go through an initial screening process. CMS notifies applicants of status changes through email and/or mail.
If you have any questions, please email the Admissions Office at [email protected].
Thank you,
CMS Admissions Office
Just got the same e-mail and I was also complete about 8/12.
I got the same email too. I emailed the admissions and they said they should've sent this email first:
Dear Applicant,
This email is to notify you that we have received your CMS supplemental application and application fee.
Due to the large number of applications received by the Admissions Office it may take an extended period of time to process other application materials (letters of evaluation, MCAT score, etc.). You will receive an additional email from the CMS Admissions Office when your application is considered complete and is ready to begin the screening process.
If you have any questions, please email the Admissions Office at [email protected].
Anyone know how long it takes to offer an interview or decision after completion?
Dear Applicant,
This email is to notify you that we have received your CMS supplemental application and application fee.
Due to the large number of applications received by the Admissions Office it may take an extended period of time to process other application materials (letters of evaluation, MCAT score, etc.). You will receive an additional email from the CMS Admissions Office when your application is considered complete and is ready to begin the screening process.
If you have any questions, please email the Admissions Office at [email protected].
Anyone know how long it takes to offer an interview or decision after completion?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got the same e-mail and I was also complete about 8/12.
Hmm.. hopefully I'll get that email soon. They've had all my app materials since 8/8.
i was small pooled 9/9 and no interview yet.. anyone in the same boat? i know some people small pooled after me got interviews already!! come on RFU give me an interview and i will love you forever..
yay finally complete... been like 6 weeks
I got the same email too. I emailed the admissions and they said they should've sent this email first:
Dear Applicant,
This email is to notify you that we have received your CMS supplemental application and application fee.
Due to the large number of applications received by the Admissions Office it may take an extended period of time to process other application materials (letters of evaluation, MCAT score, etc.). You will receive an additional email from the CMS Admissions Office when your application is considered complete and is ready to begin the screening process.
If you have any questions, please email the Admissions Office at [email protected].
Anyone know how long it takes to offer an interview or decision after completion?
Ditto, I was thinking they were pretty quick to process a mail in application. WTH. this school took the longest to complete and I though Albert Einstein was bad. over six weeks from date received.
the annual campus security report was just published a couple days ago, and i figure some of you want to see it as well. as i said previously, we are quite safe from crime here. (all the good stuff is on the last page)
http://www.rosalindfranklin.edu/DNN/Portals/18/documents/security/CAMPUSSECURITYREPORT.pdf
http://www.rosalindfranklin.edu/DNN/Portals/18/documents/security/CAMPUSSECURITYREPORT.pdf
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 871
- Views
- 207K
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 288K
- Replies
- 737
- Views
- 227K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K