-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2009-2010 Rosalind Franklin Application Thread
Started by shemarty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
The lady who gave the introduction to the interview day said it explicitly at my interview day...
she did?! what day did she say?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Complete 9/21. Small pool email yesterday. Interview invite today for dates in November and early December.
Good luck to everyone else.
Good luck to everyone else.
interview invite!!! 😀
During my recent interview it was made clear that it was semi-blind. Neither one of my interviewers had my GPA or MCAT score.
Both of my interviews went well. I didn't get a single ethical question or riddle. Come to think of it I didn't even get a question about nationalized health care.
Both of my interviews went well. I didn't get a single ethical question or riddle. Come to think of it I didn't even get a question about nationalized health care.
She said the interviews will be semi-blind and they will NOT be able to see your grades, major, MCAT scores, anything there.she did?! what day did she say?
I think it's just the luck of the draw. I got all three of those, including academic questions, even one was "What was your grade in organic chemistry?" really?? lolDuring my recent interview it was made clear that it was semi-blind. Neither one of my interviewers had my GPA or MCAT score.
Both of my interviews went well. I didn't get a single ethical question or riddle. Come to think of it I didn't even get a question about nationalized health care.
ahhh am i the only one small pooled over a month and a half with nothing yet..?!! =(
She said the interviews will be semi-blind and they will NOT be able to see your grades, major, MCAT scores, anything there.
They must have changed it then.
No worries. You're not alone in not knowing, apparently my interviewer didn't either, lolThey must have changed it then.
I remember when you first posted you got small pooled, I was jealous. Now, 50 days later I enter the same pool.ahhh am i the only one small pooled over a month and a half with nothing yet..?!! =(
I sincerely hope you hear from them soon, must be depressing seeing dozens and dozens enter and leave this jacuzzi while you patiently wait your turn, seemingly alone in your trepidation.
On the bright side, at least you are in the pool. Its pretty cold out there *gestures over there*. And the rejection letters fly mercilessly outside.
That being said, I'm routing for you
, if for no other reason then you have a easily recognizable and awesome avatarsame but i dont worry about it much, in fact sometimes i forget about some of the schoosl i applied too...just too many hahaahhh am i the only one small pooled over a month and a half with nothing yet..?!! =(
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
During my recent interview it was made clear that it was semi-blind. Neither one of my interviewers had my GPA or MCAT score.
Both of my interviews went well. I didn't get a single ethical question or riddle. Come to think of it I didn't even get a question about nationalized health care.
Glad yours went well! I had an awful interview.... My guy drilled me on Obama's health care reform and wasn't too happy that I didn't support EVERY SINGLE PART of the reform. He was also very rude....
I remember when you first posted you got small pooled, I was jealous. Now, 50 days later I enter the same pool.
I sincerely hope you hear from them soon, must be depressing seeing dozens and dozens enter and leave this jacuzzi while you patiently wait your turn, seemingly alone in your trepidation.
On the bright side, at least you are in the pool. Its pretty cold out there *gestures over there*. And the rejection letters fly mercilessly outside.
That being said, I'm routing for you, if for no other reason then you have a easily recognizable and awesome avatar
Thanks Lacipart, im rooting for you too 🙂
im just starting to sweat a bit too much in the jacuzzi and my blood pressure is going off the roof 😉
same but i dont worry about it much, in fact sometimes i forget about some of the schoosl i applied too...just too many haha
i know what you mean.. same here but RFU gave me a little hope with the small pool so i keep it in the back of my mind, can't say the same for the other two dozen schools i applied to though 😏
so i have my interview here on monday and i have heard some crazy things about the interview (needing to ask the interviewer a question for every question they ask you, immediately being asked MCAT/GFP_... can anybody give some detailed feedback? Are these just exceptions or pretty much how it is?
so i have my interview here on monday and i have heard some crazy things about the interview (needing to ask the interviewer a question for every question they ask you, immediately being asked MCAT/GFP_... can anybody give some detailed feedback? Are these just exceptions or pretty much how it is?
Like I said my experience wasn't anything like that. Both interviewers were very nice and laid back. The interview seemed more like a conversation between us than a question and answer interview. But I'm sure its just complete luck of the draw. Every interviewer is different.
Dam, that gives me hope. That's my LizzyM score and I was small pooled the same day.Hi Everyone,
My stats:
in-state, 3.5 science and academic GPA, 30 MCAT.
Complete sometime late August.
Small pooled October 20.
Interview invite October 21.
Chicago6
Anyone have any idea on how many spots are left in the class? I have a sliver of a chance if they keep interviewing at this pace...
Hi Everyone,
My stats:
in-state, 3.5 science and academic GPA, 30 MCAT.
Complete sometime late August.
Small pooled October 20.
Interview invite October 21.
Chicago6
congrats 🙂 good luck on the interview and if you get a chance there tell them some people are choking in the jacuzzi 😛
I just got my second COMPLETE email from them...is that weird or are other people getting more than one? I got the first one AWHILE ago and the second one today
Hey Sleight,
I got a second one too (months after the first). I think they are kinda disorganized and resend them at random points..... I didn't look too much into it
Haha, that would be awesome.congrats 🙂 good luck on the interview and if you get a chance there let them know some people are choking in the jacuzzi 😛
Adcom: "Welcome to the interview"
Chicago6: "Hey, yea, did you guys know there is a jazcuzzi full of people just outside, yea, passed it on my way in. You should seriously go check up on those people. A few of them look like they've been there for quite a while"
*Edit* wow, 4 posts in 2 minutes. Creepy.
I'm still waiting on complete. They received my secondary on 9/22. I talked to an admissions secretary two days ago and they were working on supp apps they received on 9/14....hopefully that gives some of you a time frame--though I know most of you already have interviews 🙂
got complete yesterday
I just withdrew my interview so another spot will open up for yall!
Thanks 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
S
sheiladoc
Hey guys, just thought I'd update you as I was freaking out about my small pool not being a good thing:
Submitted August 19th
Complete September 3rd
Small Pooled September 29th
Interview Invite October 8th
Interviewing November 9th
was completed looong time ago, no interview invite yet...i guess they did not like my stats very much...what are the stats of people that got interview invites?
S
sheiladoc
I just got my second COMPLETE email from them...is that weird or are other people getting more than one? I got the first one AWHILE ago and the second one today
Hey, sleight, got my first complete on 08/05 and then a second complete e-mail 09/30. Isn't that weird? I am thinking about it as of one of those silent rejections that some med schools use to give...or my paranoia just kicked in after being patient for so long..🙁
interviewing here tomorrow. Anything I should know that isn't on the interview feedback?
was completed looong time ago, no interview invite yet...i guess they did not like my stats very much...what are the stats of people that got interview invites?
I'm a Canadian so my stats are slightly higher than what you'd need to get an interview. With that said, my stats have gotten me 4 rejections and this 1 interview. Sad/surprising.
I'm excited for RFUMS though. Just reading about the city of Chicago makes it seem like it could easily turn into a second home one day.
I interviewed last month and am really hoping to hear good news this week!
That it varies very much depending on your interviewer. I had one cool and one CRAZY one (see previous page with my posts). Lots of down time it seemed like so bring hw if you want. Good luck! 🙂interviewing here tomorrow. Anything I should know that isn't on the interview feedback?
I thought they weren't handing decisions out until December (according to their little handouts on interview day)?I interviewed last month and am really hoping to hear good news this week!
Most chill interview ever! Can't even believe I was worried
you were there today?Most chill interview ever! Can't even believe I was worried
Whats the best method of transportation for someone traveling from O' Hare area to RFU?
Metra to Union Station, then out to North Chicago on "Union Pacific North" line, taxi to RFU (or 1hr walk). Allow for ample time to take train into the city, then back out on the UP-North line. Should run around 3 hours. It's time consuming, but much cheaper than taking a taxi from O'Hare to RF. Rental car would be your best bet if at all possible.Whats the best method of transportation for someone traveling from O' Hare area to RFU?
Metra to Union Station, then out to North Chicago on "Union Pacific North" line, taxi to RFU (or 1hr walk). Allow for ample time to take train into the city, then back out on the UP-North line. Should run around 3 hours. It's time consuming, but much cheaper than taking a taxi from O'Hare to RF. Rental car would be your best bet if at all possible.
What's the approx cost of all this?
Can we walk from O'Hare to the Metra station?
Google Maps says it's an 1hr+ walk, so it's up to you... as for cost... maybe $5 each way for metra plus the cab ride (short). So maybe $30 total
EDIT: Oh you meant O'Hare to Metra at the airport. Yes, you take a shuttle from O'Hare to the metra. There are a bunch of signs in the airport that direct you to it. You still may want to check out the travel desk.
EDIT: Oh you meant O'Hare to Metra at the airport. Yes, you take a shuttle from O'Hare to the metra. There are a bunch of signs in the airport that direct you to it. You still may want to check out the travel desk.
I thought they weren't handing decisions out until December (according to their little handouts on interview day)?
They told us the handouts were wrong..that the committee meets in late October..and last year they started giving acceptances out on Oct 29...which is very soon!
oooo good to know! Thanks!They told us the handouts were wrong..that the committee meets in late October..and last year they started giving acceptances out on Oct 29...which is very soon!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Metra to Union Station, then out to North Chicago on "Union Pacific North" line, taxi to RFU (or 1hr walk). Allow for ample time to take train into the city, then back out on the UP-North line. Should run around 3 hours. It's time consuming, but much cheaper than taking a taxi from O'Hare to RF. Rental car would be your best bet if at all possible.
That just sounds excruciating. Taxi/rental car all the way.
That just sounds excruciating. Taxi/rental car all the way.
Thanks. I think I am going to rent a car for the interview... I am going to be in Chicago for several days and think I will just use mass transit for the remainder of the trip. Any recommendations on things to do while in the area? I like all sorts of food, music, and ... well anything, really.
Thanks. I think I am going to rent a car for the interview... I am going to be in Chicago for several days and think I will just use mass transit for the remainder of the trip. Any recommendations on things to do while in the area? I like all sorts of food, music, and ... well anything, really.
In the actual city of Chicago:
Awesome museums if that's your thing
Taylor Street = famous Chicago food
Michigan Ave = amazing shops
Navy Pier = fun, carnival/small shops on the lakefront
When all else fails, Six Flags theme park is like 15mins from RF! 😛
Any thoughts on sending stuff (interest letters, publications, etc) after getting small-pooled in hopes of getting an interview?
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 871
- Views
- 207K
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 288K
- Replies
- 737
- Views
- 227K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K