2009-2010 Rosalind Franklin Application Thread

Started by shemarty
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do they send emails when they receive your secondary or when your application is complete? This school is hard to track. =[
I dont think so, they dont respond to emails, they dont answer calls, they are impossible to contact...This is the only school that refuses contact with students, i seriously dont get it, its kind of frustrating. Maybe they are just too busy with last year class or something...
 
Last edited:
Do they send emails when they receive your secondary or when your application is complete? This school is hard to track. =[

I agree. does anyone know if they have a status page? i hate the mail in process where i never know if it is complete...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I agree. does anyone know if they have a status page? i hate the mail in process where i never know if it is complete...

they send emails when they have your completed secondary...or maybe when they are starting to review your app. here is the e-mail they sent me last year.

"Dear Applicant;

This email is to notify you that your materials have been received, and your application is complete. Your file will now go through an initial screening process. CMS notifies applicants of status changes through email and/or mail.

If you have any questions, please email the Admissions Office at [email protected].

Thank you,

CMS Admissions Office"

check out last year's thread for a better feel of how they work: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=545984

also, ill do my best to answer questions people post on here about CMS's application process.
 
just to make this crystal clear, we do have to type out the secondary, print it out, and mail it in? We cannot submit electronically, correct?
 
Where can you find the address to send it to? I haven't been able to find anything other than the address at the bottom of the page to the entire university of medicine and science. Is this the one we use?
 
Where can you find the address to send it to? I haven't been able to find anything other than the address at the bottom of the page to the entire university of medicine and science. Is this the one we use?
im fairly sure its written on the 2ndary, thats the one i sent it to.
 
Please submit your complete supplemental application and fee to:

RFUMS/CMS Admissions Office
3333 Green Bay Rd.
North Chicago, IL 60064
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For the discovery essay, I kinda wrote about the teamwork(between doctors nurses different programs etc.) aspect of Life in discovery and its importance. Did your guys' essay kinda go in the same direction? If you think I'm off please say so lol
 
I mailed my secondary/fee (priority) last week and still haven't received any word from this school and the check still isn't cashed. I emailed them a few days ago and still haven't received a reply. Is anyone else experiencing this?
 
I mailed my secondary/fee (priority) last week and still haven't received any word from this school and the check still isn't cashed. I emailed them a few days ago and still haven't received a reply. Is anyone else experiencing this?

It has been over two weeks since I mailed my secondary by way of priority mail. No e-mail has been sent confirming reception, but a review of my bank account revealed that my check was cashed as of this morning.

Radio silence seems to be the norm...
 
I'm having issues with this interprofessional question. I can think of plenty of challenges that could occur but do I specifically see myself having any of these issues? no.
i'm having a mental block
 
I'm having issues with this interprofessional question. I can think of plenty of challenges that could occur but do I specifically see myself having any of these issues? no.
i'm having a mental block
Then start off by writing in the third person.
"Working in an inter-professional environment has its challenges......"

Then talk about how you don't fear these challenges.
"However, I believe I can get past these blocks. I have always believed......"
 
I'm having issues with this interprofessional question. I can think of plenty of challenges that could occur but do I specifically see myself having any of these issues? no.
i'm having a mental block

if you can't find something you will struggle with, then you aren't thinking hard enough. no one is perfect.

edit: it's also possible that you just aren't being honest with yourself.
 
Last edited:
if you can't find something you will struggle with, then you aren't thinking hard enough. no one is perfect.

edit: it's also possible that you just aren't being honest with yourself.
the thing i wrote i struggle with while true, is so bad haha i feel like just writing about it killed me here. Maybe they will appreciate honesty....:idea:
 
Could someone please put a link to the secondary?

I was verified back in June but still haven't received one. I emailed the school but no reply... Yet.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
if you can't find something you will struggle with, then you aren't thinking hard enough. no one is perfect.

edit: it's also possible that you just aren't being honest with yourself.

i know things i'll struggle with but its hard to pick something that doesn't make you sound like a jerk or incompetent even when you try to spin it into a positive or suggest it would easily be overcome.
I mean saying that you trust your own opinion more than other people's doesn't really make you sound like a team player.
 
so did you guys get an email when they received your application and then another one when you were complete? how long did they take?
 
i know things i'll struggle with but its hard to pick something that doesn't make you sound like a jerk or incompetent even when you try to spin it into a positive or suggest it would easily be overcome.
I mean saying that you trust your own opinion more than other people's doesn't really make you sound like a team player.
thats the problem i had...everything i wrote made me sound like i cant function in a team, but then again they are asking for a weakness. I think if you just address w/e it is and put the right spin on it, its probably fine. Im sure they have read so many BS responses on this, its obvious when someone is too afraid to write something meaningful and truthful.
 
so did you guys get an email when they received your application and then another one when you were complete? how long did they take?
Ive got nothing from there outside of the link to the secondary. And they dont answer emails or receive phone calls so :shrug:. They should have got my secondary like 2 weeks ago but i have heard nothing.
 
I think I went a little overboard 😕
Resume paper, large envelope, special stuff in envelope so papers don't get bent, professional picture...
Am I crazy???
 
I think I went a little overboard 😕
Resume paper, large envelope, special stuff in envelope so papers don't get bent, professional picture...
Am I crazy???

I'm doing something like that. Although I didn't get a professional picture or a passport photo. I just made my bf take like 20 headshots of me and then turned the best one into 2x3s
 
Could someone please put a link to the secondary?

I was verified back in June but still haven't received one. I emailed the school but no reply... Yet.

Me too...June verification and no secondary, let me know if you get a response from them...I'll try emailing as well...so frustrating
 
Me too...June verification and no secondary, let me know if you get a response from them...I'll try emailing as well...so frustrating


Thanks for responding 🙂

I am still waiting... It is frustrating that I can't speak to anyone on the phone!
 
I mean saying that you trust your own opinion more than other people's doesn't really make you sound like a team player.

while i didn't expressly say that i don't trust others opinions, that is basically what i wrote in my essay last year. and, i got an interview/acceptance.😀


while im pretty sure this is obvious, but just be sure to say that any weakness you may currently have is something that you intend to work on. (someone who recognizes their flaws + works to improve those flaws) >> (someone who thinks he is already perfect)
 
for the interprofessional challenge, i'm writing about taking on too many responsibilities and assuming a leadership position without equal work from all team members as my problem. think that's ok? it makes me sound kinda like an ass.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
for the interprofessional challenge, i'm writing about taking on too many responsibilities and assuming a leadership position without equal work from all team members as my problem. think that's ok? it makes me sound kinda like an ass.
thats what i did and what the accepted person above basically did, like i said just make it truthful and put the right + spin on it and you will be fine.
 
for the interprofessional challenge, i'm writing about taking on too many responsibilities and assuming a leadership position without equal work from all team members as my problem. think that's ok? it makes me sound kinda like an ass.

Well, don't state it like that in your essay lol. But Just talk about how difficult it is to figure out what other professionals can and should do, and then working together with them to create the best results.
 
Don't forget about lifeindiscovery.com for help with writing that essay guys. Might want to avoid it if you have epilepsy though.
 
wow. I totally did not follow their explanation of Life in Discovery. Now I am confused as to what I should write. lol
 
Status
Not open for further replies.