-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2009-2010 Rosalind Franklin Application Thread
Started by shemarty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
How much does this secondary cost?
$100 in the mail...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey guys.. my primary was approved a long time ago and i applied to rosalind 10 days back, however, i still haven't heard anything about secondary from them. is this common? when should i be expecting to receive secondary? thanks
Primary completed 7/17 and I got the rosalind secondary on 7/21. Maybe they're just getting backed up.
hey guys.. my primary was approved a long time ago and i applied to rosalind 10 days back, however, i still haven't heard anything about secondary from them. is this common? when should i be expecting to receive secondary? thanks
only 10 days?

try 20+ and still waiting 🙄
Do we ever get a "You are Complete" email? Because all I have received so far is a "We have received your CMS application and application fee" email.
Does that count as complete??
Does that count as complete??
Dear Applicant;
This email is to notify you that your materials have been received, and your application is complete. Your file will now go through an initial screening process. CMS notifies applicants of status changes through email and/or mail.
That is the complete e-mail. If it has been a while since you've sent in your application, I would recommend calling or e-mailing (more preferably calling) to check on your status. Many people were marked complete by the person they spoke to on the phone.
I sent an e-mail late one night and was marked complete the next day, though others have sent e-mails and did not receive any response.
I would definitely recommend contacting the school.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Odd, I got this email:Dear Applicant;
This email is to notify you that your materials have been received, and your application is complete. Your file will now go through an initial screening process. CMS notifies applicants of status changes through email and/or mail.
That is the complete e-mail.
This email is to notify you that we have received your CMS supplemental application and application fee.
If you have any questions, please email the Admissions Office at [email protected].
Odd, I got this email:
This email is to notify you that we have received your CMS supplemental application and application fee.
If you have any questions, please email the Admissions Office at [email protected].
That's the received email. The complete one comes later and indicates you are actually complete. As you might have noticed, people seem to find it better to call or email in order to get the complete status a little sooner...
are they planning on sending out invites or we gotta call and ask for that too?!! 😛
For the first essay, I repeat "Life in Discovery" a lot, but this is on purpose, to reiterate the concept in multiple lights and emphasize its shear diversity and applicability. I just think it encompasses a lot of realms (maybe I should have focused on one, but I feel that that cheapens the concept). Do you think that's an appropriate approach or is it just annoying and unoriginal? I swear I'm more creative than blatant repititon!
What do you guys think? I could always send my draft over to someone if they want to take a quick look too? ey, ey? heh, hey I could use all the help I can get, seriously! thanks guys!
What do you guys think? I could always send my draft over to someone if they want to take a quick look too? ey, ey? heh, hey I could use all the help I can get, seriously! thanks guys!
For the first essay, I repeat "Life in Discovery" a lot, but this is on purpose, to reiterate the concept in multiple lights and emphasize its shear diversity and applicability. I just think it encompasses a lot of realms (maybe I should have focused on one, but I feel that that cheapens the concept). Do you think that's an appropriate approach or is it just annoying and unoriginal? I swear I'm more creative than blatant repititon!
What do you guys think? I could always send my draft over to someone if they want to take a quick look too? ey, ey? heh, hey I could use all the help I can get, seriously! thanks guys!
I can look it up your draft if u want to; i sent mine in on aug 18th and i am complete so i will not steal 😀.
No worries. I found myself repeating the same damn thing. It's OK to repeat it a bit. However, you can use other references to it to eliminate some of the instances, like "this philosophy" or "this approach to medicine" blah blah. I think RF dug this hole for itself by asking this question... lolFor the first essay, I repeat "Life in Discovery" a lot, but this is on purpose, to reiterate the concept in multiple lights and emphasize its shear diversity and applicability. I just think it encompasses a lot of realms (maybe I should have focused on one, but I feel that that cheapens the concept). Do you think that's an appropriate approach or is it just annoying and unoriginal? I swear I'm more creative than blatant repititon!
What do you guys think? I could always send my draft over to someone if they want to take a quick look too? ey, ey? heh, hey I could use all the help I can get, seriously! thanks guys!
No worries. I found myself repeating the same damn thing. It's OK to repeat it a bit. However, you can use other references to it to eliminate some of the instances, like "this philosophy" or "this approach to medicine" blah blah. I think RF dug this hole for itself by asking this question... lol
Yea, have you guys read RF's own explanation of what Life in Discovery means? It sounds like a bunch of BS written by a pre-med who has no clue what it means🙂cough: us :cough🙂.
Sure have and definitely agree. I basically re-wrote that with my own spin and "deeper understanding" lolYea, have you guys read RF's own explanation of what Life in Discovery means? It sounds like a bunch of BS written by a pre-med who has no clue what it means🙂cough: us :cough🙂.
Yea, have you guys read RF's own explanation of what Life in Discovery means? It sounds like a bunch of BS written by a pre-med who has no clue what it means🙂cough: us :cough🙂.
RFU's own explanation sounds like some damn corporate presentation: one framework, two strategies, three synergies, four pillars.
I can't believe so many people apply to a school like this. Their acceptance rate makes getting into Harvard undergrad look easy.
If I get an interview there I'm going to ask my interviewer what life in discovery means to him.
LMAO, OMG that would be so friggin awesome. I swear, if I get an interview before you do, I'm gonna ask my interviewer that
What does a Life in Discoverymean to you?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What does interprofessional mean exactly?
LMAO, OMG that would be so friggin awesome. I swear, if I get an interview before you do, I'm gonna ask my interviewer that![]()
if i get an interview whether before you or after you, i will ask this for sure.
What does interprofessional mean exactly?
Communicating with people of other professions.
First interview invite yaaay!!!
i called their office 7 times today. not once did they answer the phone. boooooo...hopefully they will respond to my email?
Flip a coin.
2
266202
Hey, interview invite. 👍
Interview invite, yippee!
congrats on interviews! when were you guys complete by?
I just received an invite and was complete 8/6. Congrats to everyone else! Good luck!
Interview Invite here also. Received complete email on August 5. Good luck to all!
.
Last edited:
First name in the middle. Last name close to the beginning.
.
Last edited:
i was told by an admissions representative here that applications are reviewed in ABC order!
A lot of asian people are gonna be screwed then (like me). 😛
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What are you talking about?? All the Chan people have it easy. I guess you must be a Wong lol
interview invite today. in state, and both my first and last name are close to the beginning of the alphabet.
i was complete 8/6
i was complete 8/6
They cashed my check on 8/6 but I still haven't gotten a complete email. I am officially pissed that I have not been marked complete and people are getting interviews. I sent it in a few weeks before they cashed my check. I think I will call. I emailed already and they told me they would send me an email when I am complete. When in MARCH????!!!! why did i give them money? 😡😡😡
2
266202
They cashed my check on 8/6 but I still haven't gotten a complete email. I am officially pissed that I have not been marked complete and people are getting interviews. I sent it in a few weeks before they cashed my check. I think I will call. I emailed already and they told me they would send me an email when I am complete. When in MARCH????!!!! why did i give them money? 😡😡😡
They cashed mine in late July, and I received a complete email around 8/10... and 8/11.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 871
- Views
- 207K
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 288K
- Replies
- 737
- Views
- 227K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K