2009-2010 Wake Forest University Application Thread

Started by shemarty
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They're waiting for me to finish up the last secondary I still have before they send it out. They don't want me to get bogged down with multiple secondaries in my possession. Sorry for holding up the secondaries...

:laugh: nice one 🙂
 
Man, when they said "2 weeks" they really meant it! I was kind of hoping this secondary would be out last week. Well, this week it'll definitely come.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Neurotically checking the status page pays off!

Your AMCAS application has been evaluated and we are sending you our secondary application by e-mail. Please allow 2 weeks for the application to be sent to you as we send them out in batches.
 
Finally had the status change to "wait 2 weeks for our secondary..."

Guess its two more weeks for me!

🙂
 
No secondary yet, but they sent an e-mail saying I've got three weeks to get them a graduate letter saying I'll be done in time to matriculate to med school.

I hate schools that do this when I haven't taken a class yet.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Where are you my sexy little secondary? I have a candlelit dinner prepared just for you. Please come to me soon.

LAWL. :laugh:

anyway, yeah i got the ol' "Your AMCAS application is under review. When the review is complete, you will be sent an e-mail notification of your status" blurb....it's not looking good. ah, well.
 
No secondary yet, but they sent an e-mail saying I've got three weeks to get them a graduate letter saying I'll be done in time to matriculate to med school.

I hate schools that do this when I haven't taken a class yet.
My friend got this too. Him and I are both grad students from the same year, in the same program, and I haven't received my warning about a required letter yet.
 
I should be getting my secondary this week too. Can't wait!

Has anyone else received more secondary invitations from schools that screen than from non-screening schools? I applied to 7 schools that screen and heard from all but 1 of them... I've only gotten secondaries from 3 schools that don't screen. Should I be worried? Is it possible for the emails to get lost?
 
status is now: You will be receiving notification of your application status by e-mail.
that means you are rejected. I got the same thing and today they sent me a lovely email attachment letter saying i am not an acceptable candidate 🙁
 
damn i still havent even gotten a confirmation email on their receiving my primaries yet. wat the hell man. i was verified on july 7th. 🙁
 
Weird! I went from a status saying expect a secondary in 2 weeks to this:

Your AMCAS application is under review. When the review is complete, you will be sent an e-mail notification of your status.

Could it have to do with my graduate LOR?
 
my status changed, they're going to send me a secondary?

How many people get the secondary?

How special am I?
 
is that really how they said it?🙁
No it was actually the normal you are a good candidate but oh well letter, heres the end of it🙂

Because of the competitive qualifications of our applicants, we sincerely regret that we will be unable to accept your application this year.

my status changed, they're going to send me a secondary?

How many people get the secondary?

How special am I?
if you just look through the early pages of the thread, someone answered this
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Weird. My stats are very similar to yours - except I have a lower BCPM - and I got a secondary. Sometimes this process makes no sense.

My stats are also really similar and I got a secondary. We must be right on the line but had something to push us over the edge, maybe?
 
"Vandy special" is indeed special. Goodness, I feel the need to march over to Light Hall daily and plead for my secondary!

On Wake Forest news....the 2 weeks is up.
 
I got this e-mail too. Lamest letter, since it is clearly stated in my LOR's that I sent to them.
 
"Vandy special" is indeed special. Goodness, I feel the need to march over to Light Hall daily and plead for my secondary!

On Wake Forest news....the 2 weeks is up.

Yes, two weeks is definitely up. Since they have been sending rejections (sorry to all that got them) we should hopefully be receiving them within the week.
 
Hey, don't rain on my/everybody else's optimistic parade. Screened secondaries make me feel at least a little special, and it's something we all need to get us through this process.
And we don't talk about Vandy here, that's too special. :laugh:

Haha well its special just not super special is my point 🙂.
 
What's up yall.

I sent them an email inquiring about the 2 week indication for secondary. it seems the admissions staff is inundated with work, they replied saying the secondaries "should" be going out this week.

So I guess we should just sit tight.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Status
Not open for further replies.