-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2010-2011 Loyola (Stritch) Application Thread
Started by ksmi117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
i can't think of anything "worthy" enough to explain for the third question (describe how you dealt with personal/academic problem)
i've been brainstorming for several days.. haven't really come up with anything substantial other than perhaps writing about an incident i encountered as a resident assistant (though i am not sure that falls under a personal or academic problem)
what kind of incidents are you all going with?
I severed my flexor tendon in my right hand in orgo lab. I am right handed so it was an interesting semester lol. Granted if I had been smart I would have dropped out but ya know you live and you learn.
I still haven't gotten a secondary either. And it's making me nervous, since I'm in-state too. 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, is it not okay to go over the 25-line limit? I wrote an essay that is over the limit and am now having such a difficult time shortening it without taking away important info 🙁
The app won't even let you write in more than that...at least it did not for me.
does anyone know what % of people who apply actually send in secondaries?
I have the stats at home that they gave me during my interview day. Will post when I find it! Best of luck to everyone applying and hopefully I'll meet you on your interview days!
AH! Complete and under review!!!!!!!
ooo good
If you don't mind my asking when did you get the email?And still no secondary.
Should I be calling them on Monday?
Should I be calling them on Monday?
So in a brilliant move I cannot get my secondary to print. After completing it and finalizing it my computer shut down while I was out of the room getting paper for updates (automatic shut down thingie) so once it started back up I went back to the website and attempted to print it, but once it is finalized I could no longer even view it. So now I have no secondary to send and I have already paid the application fee. Why must you be so behind the times Loyola? I emailed them and hopefully they will get back to me on Monday but needless to say I am a bit frustrated with their system right now.
Chrisoc, just call them and they'll re-open your app to print. When you hit print, export it as a PDF first so you can save it. The website can be a bit glitchy.
Docbell, no email! I just looked on my status and it said I was complete and they were looking at my app.
Docbell, no email! I just looked on my status and it said I was complete and they were looking at my app.
Chrisoc, just call them and they'll re-open your app to print. When you hit print, export it as a PDF first so you can save it. The website can be a bit glitchy.
Docbell, no email! I just looked on my status and it said I was complete and they were looking at my app.
haha ooo thanks! Me too. Yay finally complete somewhere.
just decided to apply here!
Chrisoc, just call them and they'll re-open your app to print. When you hit print, export it as a PDF first so you can save it. The website can be a bit glitchy.
Docbell, no email! I just looked on my status and it said I was complete and they were looking at my app.
Thank you! I'll give them a call. Good advice on saving it as a pdf as well.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
And still no secondary.
Should I be calling them on Monday?
Me neither! With their 'low screen' I would definitely think we would have gotten them by now. Sheeeeesh!
Me neither! With their 'low screen' I would definitely think we would have gotten them by now. Sheeeeesh!
It's probably just because we were verified later, I'm hoping. I saw you were verified 7/2 and I was verified 7/14, so I'm hoping you hear something soon so I know when to expect to hear back 😉
It's probably just because we were verified later, I'm hoping. I saw you were verified 7/2 and I was verified 7/14, so I'm hoping you hear something soon so I know when to expect to hear back 😉
I was verified 6/22 and I just got this app on Friday.
i was verified 6/23 and I received secondary just 3 days ago and it says I have to submit everything within a month to be considered. I think they are sending it out to groups of people at a time to make it more manageable I guess.
I hope what I wrote above is false and they have gotten really strict in their screening and only send it out to people who they want to interview.


I hope what I wrote above is false and they have gotten really strict in their screening and only send it out to people who they want to interview.
finally got this haha...verified 6/4
The only reason I applied to this school is because they screen their secondaries, and I figured if I got it, I would be in pretty good position for an interview, kinda like what Indiana does. But it seems like most everybody is getting the secondary, is that right?
I just got it today by the way.
I just got it today by the way.
The only reason I applied to this school is because they screen their secondaries, and I figured if I got it, I would be in pretty good position for an interview, kinda like what Indiana does. But it seems like most everybody is getting the secondary, is that right?
I just got it today by the way.
It's a low screen, so you are correct.
They opened mine up again for me today so I could print it, they have been very nice to me and I really appreciate their staff.
The app won't even let you write in more than that...at least it did not for me.
Has anyone been able to submit with more than 25 lines in an essay box? At first I had just assumed it meant 25 lines in MS Word, but my line breaks obviously show up differently in the text boxes on the application. I wonder if double spacing for paragraphs counts as a line too...
I also have 30 lines for one of my essays... I hope I will be able to submit still, I tried to pare it down as much as possible but it's the research question, and I have a lot to say for that one 😀
Has anyone been able to submit with more than 25 lines in an essay box? At first I had just assumed it meant 25 lines in MS Word, but my line breaks obviously show up differently in the text boxes on the application. I wonder if double spacing for paragraphs counts as a line too...
I also have 30 lines for one of my essays... I hope I will be able to submit still, I tried to pare it down as much as possible but it's the research question, and I have a lot to say for that one 😀
The 25 lines is according to their text box. When my box was "filled", there were 25 lines or however many lines the requirement was for each essay.
OMG. I still haven't gotten this secondary.
The 25 lines is according to their text box. When my box was "filled", there were 25 lines or however many lines the requirement was for each essay.
I just am not understanding why it cut you off at 25 lines... I have over 25 lines on a couple of essays when I copy and paste them from MS Word into the text boxes. It is still letting me "Save and Continue" and "Print Preview." I haven't actually finalized it since I want to sleep on it and re-review my essays one more time tomorrow 😀 But at what point did it tell you that you'd gone over the limit? Or, I wonder if it depends on our browser? It's not cutting me off when I copy and paste (as opposed to other school's apps that have character limits that don't allow you to type past that number of character).
EDIT: Also, re-reading the instructions, I see that it does say the 25 lines is a recommendation not a requirement... so I wonder if a few lines over will hurt me at all. I think I'm over-thinking this. Good night everyone 😀 lol
I just am not understanding why it cut you off at 25 lines... I have over 25 lines on a couple of essays when I copy and paste them from MS Word into the text boxes. It is still letting me "Save and Continue" and "Print Preview." I haven't actually finalized it since I want to sleep on it and re-review my essays one more time tomorrow 😀 But at what point did it tell you that you'd gone over the limit? Or, I wonder if it depends on our browser? It's not cutting me off when I copy and paste (as opposed to other school's apps that have character limits that don't allow you to type past that number of character).
EDIT: Also, re-reading the instructions, I see that it does say the 25 lines is a recommendation not a requirement... so I wonder if a few lines over will hurt me at all. I think I'm over-thinking this. Good night everyone 😀 lol
I thought i'd be nice to the adcoms and just write up to the limit that is stated on the application. I counted 25 lines on the page and compared it to what was in Word...worked out for me. Good luck! Essentially, the text "fits" into the box without having any scroll bars. I'd suggest following the "recommendation"
OMG. I still haven't gotten this secondary.
I haven't received it either. I was verified 6/25. Maybe they're sending them in batches? ...I hope...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Neither have I. My primary was verified around 6/22. I'm planning on calling them tomorrow to see what's going on. I mean, it's just making me really nervous since I'm an instate applicant and have competitive numbers. I don't want to annoy them though or come off as impatient.OMG. I still haven't gotten this secondary.

Back with those stats:
~10,000 submit primaries
~5500 complete secondaries
~500 are interviewed
150 matriculated.
More, I'm sure, were accepted. Best of luck to all of you! Orientation is this week and this place is an absolute blast!
~10,000 submit primaries
~5500 complete secondaries
~500 are interviewed
150 matriculated.
More, I'm sure, were accepted. Best of luck to all of you! Orientation is this week and this place is an absolute blast!
Back with those stats:
~10,000 submit primaries
~5500 complete secondaries
~500 are interviewed
150 matriculated.
More, I'm sure, were accepted. Best of luck to all of you! Orientation is this week and this place is an absolute blast!
Good to know, thanks!
Hey guys, can you help me with question #5? I don't know what to put since I don't have any research experience. Can't think of anything where I self-taught myself that doesn't seem irrelevant. Not sure what to put...any ideas?
Last edited:
AH! Complete and under review!!!!!!!
How long did it take for them to complete your app after you sent it in?
How long did it take for them to complete your app after you sent it in?
It's hard to tell because I didn't check the website everyday. I mailed my secondary on the 15th and got that status....on the day I posted that.
I haven't received it either. I was verified 6/25. Maybe they're sending them in batches? ...I hope...
Just got it this morning. Hope everyone else gets it soon. GL everyone!
Wahoo! Just got mine, too! (Verified 7/2 for those keeping track)
Looks like I know what I'll be doing this weekend... This one and two others I've been putting off.

Looks like I know what I'll be doing this weekend... This one and two others I've been putting off.

yay app buddy! hope this means that I will be getting mine today too! I just realized we were verified on the same day 🙂Wahoo! Just got mine, too! (Verified 7/2 for those keeping track)
Looks like I know what I'll be doing this weekend... This one and two others I've been putting off.
![]()
i just got my secondary this morning. is the amount of time they take to send your secondary based on your stats or based on how quickly they get your application?
I have had this app since last week, and as you can see from my stats the order in which they send the apps cant be based on this. I was verified 06/11, so its most likely in the order that they receive your primary.
no secondary -- false hope HalfGlassMDyay app buddy! hope this means that I will be getting mine today too! I just realized we were verified on the same day 🙂
no secondary -- false hope HalfGlassMD
I'm sure you will tomorrow, friend! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hope so. I'm expecting to get an interview date with you sometime this year. 😀I'm sure you will tomorrow, friend! 🙂
Finally got the secondary today! Yay! 🙂
Edit: In case anyone's interested, I called the admissions office yesterday and the person on the other end of the phone mentioned something about them currently finishing up looking at a bunch of applications and told me to call back today or tomorrow for an update on my status. I haven't called back since I received the secondary earlier today. Also, I never mentioned my name or anything when I called yesterday; as soon as I said I was a little worried about not getting a secondary yet, the friendly lady on the phone gave me the info. So, hopefully, more of you guys waiting for the secondary will receive it tomorrow!
Edit: In case anyone's interested, I called the admissions office yesterday and the person on the other end of the phone mentioned something about them currently finishing up looking at a bunch of applications and told me to call back today or tomorrow for an update on my status. I haven't called back since I received the secondary earlier today. Also, I never mentioned my name or anything when I called yesterday; as soon as I said I was a little worried about not getting a secondary yet, the friendly lady on the phone gave me the info. So, hopefully, more of you guys waiting for the secondary will receive it tomorrow!
Last edited:
Finally got the secondary today! Yay! 🙂
Edit: In case anyone's interested, I called the admissions office yesterday and the person on the other end of the phone mentioned something about them currently finishing up looking at a bunch of applications and told me to call back today or tomorrow for an update on my status. I haven't called back since I received the secondary earlier today. Also, I never mentioned my name or anything when I called yesterday; as soon as I said I was a little worried about not getting a secondary yet, the friendly lady on the phone gave me the info. So, hopefully, more of you guys waiting for the secondary will receive it tomorrow!
Wow yay thanks!
Did she mean take a look at a bunch of AMCAS apps or completed apps? Did she mean that they're handing out interviews soon????
I think she meant the primary apps because the only thing I mentioned was that I had not received a secondary yet and if they're experiencing any delays. I literally just said that one sentence before she answered me, so I'm pretty sure that she meant the primary apps, not interviews. I could be wrong, of course, but hopefully not. 🙂Wow yay thanks!
Did she mean take a look at a bunch of AMCAS apps or completed apps? Did she mean that they're handing out interviews soon????
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K