2010-2011 Rosalind Franklin Application Thread

Started by ksmi117
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I'm considering attending Rosalind Franklin this coming academic year. I am currently looking for on-campus and off-campus housing options. I was wondering whether any current students or any knowledgeable students can direct me on which houses I should consider. I would highly appreciate your help. Thanks in advance 🙂
 
I called them today only to find out that I was offered the last spot!!! This is probably one of the greatest feelings I have ever felt. Can't wait to see you guys in the fall!
 
I called them today only to find out that I was offered the last spot!!! This is probably one of the greatest feelings I have ever felt. Can't wait to see you guys in the fall!

This, ladies and gentlemen... is what you call a troll. Trolls come in many species and flavors. But as a whole, their objective is the same, and they all smell like last week's spoiled milk.

So I'm guessing that the next slew of updates is going to be after Memorial Day weekend? Who else thinks this is the case? According to the 2009-2010 thread, they had people getting in beyond the month of June as well...
 
Nope. Looking at past threads, we should be expecting an email hopefully by Thursday or Friday. And it is awfully quiet in this forum compared to last year. Hoping that there aren't too many people waiting? 🙂
 
Just got the email that I've been waitlisted. I've been on hold since November so it's been a long journey, but hopefully it'll pay off soon.
 
Just got the email that I've been waitlisted. I've been on hold since November so it's been a long journey, but hopefully it'll pay off soon.

hey it means you're still in the running. just curious. are u instate or outstate?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone,

Got wait-listed today. Called Admissions Office, and apparently this round you were either wait listed or rejected. So I guess I got the better one of the options, just wish it was accepted!
 
i'm wondering the same thing...i've never not received an email the same day that everyone else has....🙁
 
is it possible that those that received emails today are instate while those that didn't are out of state?
 
is it possible that those that received emails today are instate while those that didn't are out of state?

I actually think that some of those sdners are out of state because i've seen earlier posts by them/PMed them before
 
They gave out a bunch of acceptances to the BMS students (Masters of Biomedical Science). From what I hear, most students that got a B average got the green light which was suprising because there were 100+ of us remaining in the program.

I think for the people that were waitlisted, you'll get in when someone gives up their spot.
 
They gave out a bunch of acceptances to the BMS students (Masters of Biomedical Science). From what I hear, most students that got a B average got the green light which was suprising because there were 100+ of us remaining in the program.

I think for the people that were waitlisted, you'll get in when someone gives up their spot.

Haha, what do you think are the chances of that happening?
 
Here is an important piece of info.
I know one candidate who will be withdrawing by this weekend.
Whoever is next on waiting list:

Good Luck...and congrats.

JR
 
Last edited:
Hi! I have a 2bdr/1 bath apartment at the Woodlands (5 min walk to school), total rent $1090/month (rent split up depends on which room you want). Does not include electric and heat. I will be an M2 next year and I'm looking for a clean, quiet female roommate. PM me if you're interested.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did they email Friday or on the weekend? Any tips for the rest of us on the waitlist?

Err, they actually gave me a call on Thursday, followed up with an email.

As for tips... 1. updates (i sent in an update like once a month... one update every 2-3 weeks should be fine as well) 2. don't give up. 3. send in your applications for the next cycle. (Although I sent mine in on Wednesday... guess that's $700 down the drain, but better be safe than sorry)

Nothing too much to say other than these, besides just in general improving your application. I actually had a mentality (before I got accepted) that I was going to have a year of "break," which isn't horrible either (I was going to take a few weeks off to travel), as well as improve my application. I actually wrote a significantly better PS this time around than my first time.

As for my stats... I'll PM you zygote59 (nice alias, btw primarily concerning "zygote" 😛) If anyone else wants to know, then you can PM me as well.
 
Did they email Friday or on the weekend? Any tips for the rest of us on the waitlist?


As I mentioned, one candidate withdrew from the list today early morning.
If you are in the waiting list, good luck for you.
May be you can call and see where they are.....

JR
 
Got in off the waitlist today.
As frostbyte mentioned, I got a phone call first (which went to voicemail since I was at work), and an email acceptance shortly after.

Good luck to everyone else waiting. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.
 
I lost my phone last week, and spent the weekend out of town without a phone. When I got back home, my phone had been placed on my front porch, and I had a voicemail from CMS. I'm in off the waitlist! I received an email shortly thereafter. Good luck to anyone else that's waiting!
 
I recently got in off the waitlist, and I've been receiving a lot of PMs asking for stats. I'm just going to post them on here instead. (Disclaimer: I'm an international student)

MCAT: 33R (11 11 11)
GPA: 3.84 engineering
4 years research / 2 first-author publications
2 top-3 finishes at regional and national research conferences for oral presentations
2 years clinical research volunteering
2 summers volunteering at a health clinic
I was also an resident advisor for 3 years; I don't know if that counts.

I interviewed in late March, and was put on hold twice before being accepted.

If you're still on the waitlist, I know it's difficult but hang in there. I was pretty much ready to move back home and submitting resumes for construction jobs when I got the acceptance email.

If you can, try and have someone like a professor or a Dean or someone higher-up write you a letter, to help further your case. Also, if you have any updates in terms of grades or awards, definitely pass that along to CMS.

If anyone has questions I'd be more than happy to answer them; ask away.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted today off the WL (OOS).

I will likely decline the offer by Friday. Good luck to the rest of you guys!


Update: I sent an e-mail today declining the acceptance offer.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.