2010-2011 University of Maryland Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who interview on Oct 6/7 heard anything back yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone gotten an interview invite recently, and around what date is it for? Basically, I'm wondering to what point in the 2011 calendar year they are currently filling interview slots, because I wanna know what chance I still might have to get an interview.

Stats are 3.75 GPA, 3.65 sGPA, 32S MCAT, IS. Decent, but not phenomenal. Maryland is my #1 choice, so I'd be disappointed if I didn't even get the chance to interview. I'm hoping there's still a chance! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gotten an interview invite recently, and around what date is it for? Basically, I'm wondering to what point in the 2011 calendar year they are currently filling interview slots, because I wanna know what chance I still might have to get an interview.

Stats are 3.75 GPA, 3.65 sGPA, 32S MCAT, IS. Decent, but not phenomenal. Maryland is my #1 choice, so I'd be disappointed if I didn't even get the chance to interview. I'm hoping there's still a chance! :)

i have similar stats as u (lil higher mcat lil lower gpa) and IS as well... no word from MD yet :(

i have similar stats as u (lil higher mcat lil lower gpa) and IS as well... no word from MD yet :(

If you guys have been complete since August/early Sept, I would go ahead and email/call the office to find out the status of your app.

If not, I would continue to wait. A normal wait time from "app complete" to interview can range from 1-3 months (based on my experience).

If you guys have been complete since August/early Sept, I would go ahead and email/call the office to find out the status of your app.

If not, I would continue to wait. A normal wait time from "app complete" to interview can range from 1-3 months (based on my experience).

already did that, apps complete and "under review"

been completely since early august... :(

already did that, apps complete and "under review"

been completely since early august... :(

I also contacted the admission office, and they told me everything was complete and I was under review. I did notice something interesting though... even though I was complete in the middle of August, and my pre-health committee says my packet and recommendations were confirmed as being received by AMCAS on August 15, Maryland's website says they didn't receive them (read: choose to download them from AMCAS) until October 7. I have no idea what that means in terms of my likelihood to interview, but I assume it means they didn't even start seriously looking at my application until October.

any recent post-interview decisions? :) interviewed mid october...hoping to hear at least before thanksgiving week :xf:

I have been wondering the same thing...I am IS also I submitted the application in September but my letters weren't posted until October 6...and I submitted them in August I guess it takes a while for them to match the letters to the application...I am wondering if I should call. Does Maryland do pre-interview rejections?

I interviewed on October 11 and have gotten no reply back. Has anyone who interviewed around that date received a decision?

The interview day was exactly what I expected and we even got to check out the anatomy labs(sort of) and that beautiful hospital(only the lobby and hallway areas). The students didn't seem very stressed out at all. Anyone know how long it takes normally to get a decision post-interview.

Hey Clint- I interviewed Nov 1st and was told we would most likely hear back in early/mid December. So about 4-6 weeks estimated for us, but probably on the longer side. Hope that helps.

Also, I just watched TGTBATU for the first time and wow. I have a new found respect for your avatar.

Members don't see this ad :)
accepted by snail mail today! it was a decently large envelope with a bunch of papers (it cost 78 cents to mail ;) ) for anyone that's curious...

letter is dated 11/9. interviewed 10/18. OOS, 35P, 3.70c, 3.73s

good luck to everyone! :luck:

Also got a snail mail acceptance! Interviewed 10/25, OOS

Accepted as well. Interviewed Oct 11, OOS.

ACCEPTED! I interviewed on November 1st, and Dr. Foxwell called me and left a voicemail on my phone at 7:56 pm last night!
So stoked, my first acceptance :) :)
I was really surprised though, it was a very fast turnaround time

Accepted! For those interested:
interviewed 10/13, acceptance letterhead dated 11/9...Dean Foxwell told us 3-4 weeks when we interviewed, so they pretty much stuck to that

Stats: 38S MCAT, OOS, 3.7ish gpa, 3.73 sgpa. Mostly research experience with a bit of shadowing/ volunteer thrown in.

Best of luck to all applicants!

I got the interview invite this morning. Instate gpa is 3.57 and a 28 MCAT... I had great LORs.

Last edited:
I have been wondering the same thing...I am IS also I submitted the application in September but my letters weren't posted until October 6...and I submitted them in August I guess it takes a while for them to match the letters to the application...I am wondering if I should call. Does Maryland do pre-interview rejections?

They do pre-interview rejections. Just keep your fingers crossed.

I got the interview invite this morning. Instate gpa is 3.57 and a 28 MCAT... I had great LORs.

Congrats!! I'm instate as well and have a similar gpa. Is your interview scheduled for December or January? I would just like to know how far along they are with scheduled interviews. I pray that I receive one soon.

I just received what I can only describe as a post-interview hold of some sort... they basically said no decision has been made.

Anyone else received one of these? What are the chances you can still get in after receiving this?

Also they said "If you would like to forward additional supporting or updated information to the Committee you are welcomed to do so." Is this basically saying I should send in something if I want to get in (otherwise they would have accepted me)?

Any other thoughts on this situation?

Thanks a lot.

I just received what I can only describe as a post-interview hold of some sort... they basically said no decision has been made.

Anyone else received one of these? What are the chances you can still get in after receiving this?

Also they said "If you would like to forward additional supporting or updated information to the Committee you are welcomed to do so." Is this basically saying I should send in something if I want to get in (otherwise they would have accepted me)?

Any other thoughts on this situation?

Thanks a lot.

maybe you should send them an update letter or a letter of intent...I have no idea what it means but hey- it's not a rejection- it just means they're going to re-review your app at a later time. So if you have new stuff to tell them, it can only help you at this point! good luck!

HOLY @$%#%^%$^#$%^

I'M GOING TO BE A DOCTOR!!!!!!!!!!!
:soexcited::clap::clap::soexcited:

accepted OOS today by mail. My parents read it to me over the phone and now I can't stop smiling! :D

HOLY @$%#%^%$^#$%^

accepted OOS today by mail. My parents read it to me over the phone and now I can't stop smiling! :D

A big congratulations to you! Can I ask when you interviewed? I'm praying for an acceptance here because it looks to now be my top choice even though it's real far from home.

congrats! :) when were you complete?

congrats! same question + LUCKYY!!! (napolean dynamite voice)

Congrats!! I'm instate as well and have a similar gpa. Is your interview scheduled for December or January? I would just like to know how far along they are with scheduled interviews. I pray that I receive one soon.

Lol Thanks guys. I submitted October 4th and was complete October 19th. It was kind of quick but I'm so happy it was. I didn't send my secondary in until about 3 weeks ago. My interview is Feb 21st. Its kind of far out...I'm asking it to be moved to my winter break because I would already be in MD.

HOLY @$%#%^%$^#$%^

Congrats! I know the feeling of over-the-phone announcements ;).

A big congratulations to you! Can I ask when you interviewed? I'm praying for an acceptance here because it looks to now be my top choice even though it's real far from home.

Thanks!

complete 8/1
invite 9/16
interview 11/2
acceptance dated 11/16 (received 11/23)

Hey all--

Got a voice mail on my phone Monday evening from Dr. Foxwell saying I was accepted!:love:

interview: 11/10
acceptance: 11/22

overal GPA: 3.74
sci GPA: 3.67
MCAT: 30R

Has anyone who interviewed on Nov 3rd heard anything? It seems like people from the week after (Nov 10/11) have received news, but I've got nothing :( I'm so anxious, this waiting-game is awful...

Has anyone who interviewed on Nov 3rd heard anything? It seems like people from the week after (Nov 10/11) have received news, but I've got nothing I'm so anxious, this waiting-game is awful...

@MDreaming I interviewed on Nov 1st and was accepted on Nov 22 by snail mail. I'm probably not going to hold this one, so good luck to all of you :)

Has anyone who interviewed on Nov 3rd heard anything? It seems like people from the week after (Nov 10/11) have received news, but I've got nothing :( I'm so anxious, this waiting-game is awful...
Yeah I was there on the 3rd and I'm still waiting for a response as well. If I get in, I'm most likely going to attend. Of the places where I have interviews, I can't think of a school I'd pick over Maryland.

Yeah I was there on the 3rd and I'm still waiting for a response as well. If I get in, I'm most likely going to attend. Of the places where I have interviews, I can't think of a school I'd pick over Maryland.

Me too! It was always kinda a give-in considering it was my state school, but I seriously fell in love with it when I interviewed!! I'm really hoping the delay isn't because wait-lists/rejections are processed differently and thus take longer...

I just received an email saying that they have "not made a final decision" whether or not to interview me. Has anyone received an interview after this email or is it unlikely?

I just received an email saying that they have "not made a final decision" whether or not to interview me. Has anyone received an interview after this email or is it unlikely?

I just got the same message too, I'm really bummed as I am instate and this message just seems like a pre-interview hold that will never really materialize into anything :(

I just got the same message too, I'm really bummed as I am instate and this message just seems like a pre-interview hold that will never really materialize into anything :(

same! :( instate too

Hey guys

that doesn't mean you won't get an interview - that just means they will take some time to get back to you on whether or not you get an interview - which is better than getting rejected because you still have a chance at an interview!

Last edited:
It's been pretty quiet around here...has anyone heard back post-interview recently? Particularly Nov 3 interviewees? Ahhh I'm getting real anxious waiting for my decision. I want to come here so badddd!

It's been pretty quiet around here...has anyone heard back post-interview recently? Particularly Nov 3 interviewees? Ahhh I'm getting real anxious waiting for my decision. I want to come here so badddd!

Nov 3rd Interview too and still nothing!! I'm really anxious as well!! Tomorrow marks 5 weeks, so hopefully around this time next week we'll have a decision!!

Did anyone take the rail from the University to the airport (BWI)?

Status
Not open for further replies.