2010-2011 West Virginia University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Submitted secondary application 11/9/10 and received an interview invite 1/18/11. Very excited! I'm an in-state applicant and attended WVU for undergrad.

Members don't see this ad.

Just received an e-mail stating I have been placed in the waitlist/alternate list. OOS interviewed 1/5. I think this is fairly typical for OOS interviewees at WVU...waitlist until most interview dates are over. Has this been the same experience for others?

Just received an e-mail stating I have been placed in the waitlist/alternate list. OOS interviewed 1/5. I think this is fairly typical for OOS interviewees at WVU...waitlist until most interview dates are over. Has this been the same experience for others?

i got waitlisted too, oos, interviewed in the first week of december. grr, when's the last interview date?

Members don't see this ad :)
i got waitlisted too, oos, interviewed in the first week of december. grr, when's the last interview date?

Not sure when the last interview date is. Did you just get the e-mail today? I've only seen one OOS interviewee get accepted to WVU so far on SDN, so I don't think the e-mail is very significant...

Also received the waitlist/alternate list e-mail today. OOS interviewed 1/19. From what I've heard, almost all OOS applicants that are accepted go through the waitlist phase. Pretty much post-interview if your OOS you get rejected or waitlisted, so this is good news.

OOS applicant that interviewed on the 5th of January. Received a wait list e-mail just now.

OOS applicant just received waitlist email as well.

Does everyone get waitlisted if they didn't get accepted? It seems to me like WVU doesn't reject any of the applicants that interviewed there.

Also does strong ties to WV really play that big of a factor? Because I have family who live in masontown which is near morgantown and I live 40 minutes away from WVU.

I was quite impressed with the school after my interview there.

I was accepted back in Nov, interviewed in Oct. OOS.

31Q, 12PS, 10V, 9BS
3.9 GPA
strong ties to WV, family in the state (and talked about my undergrad being in the Big East. WVU loves its football and so do I!)

I know people debate about whether OOS get in here early.

I... might have gotten rejected this morning? I'm not really sure. I received an email saying they are sorry to inform me that my application was not selected for interviews, but I interviewed back in October. Anyone else get this email? Was I rejected, or what?

I... might have gotten rejected this morning? I'm not really sure. I received an email saying they are sorry to inform me that my application was not selected for interviews, but I interviewed back in October. Anyone else get this email? Was I rejected, or what?

I would DEFINITELY call... they could have placed your file in the wrong pile totally by accident.

What's the haps at WVU?! Anyone accepted lately? I'm still waiting for that letter in the mail.......:xf:

Wait listed 3 wks ago via email. Interview Dec.15th. Fingers still crossed I'll get in off the wait list...

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted via snail mail today. In state, interviewed Dec 15th, wait list e-mail Feb. 7th. Good luck everyone.

Any OOS here back yet off the wait list? I know they waitlist many OOS people until early March.

I received a letter in the mail today saying that I was accepted.
I interviewed 2/11 OSS.

Can anyone tell me the FAFSA code for WVU Med? All I can find on the FAFSA list is the undergrad.

Yeah, I'm hoping to see that acceptance letter soon. It was my first interview so I was pretty nervous, though.

Interviewed yesterday...LOVED the school...hope i get in!!!! OOS but undergrad in-state

Waitlisted. Interviewed 1/26/11. Waitlist letter received 3/5/11 (letter dated 2/28/11). It was a single page in an envelope.

I interviewed OOS on 2/24. They told us that we should hear back between two to three weeks. Hopefully good news, the medical school was really nice minus the tablet computers

Still no OOS wait listers hear back yet?

In state, accepted off the waitlist yesterday. Whoo-hoo!

In state, accepted off the waitlist yesterday. Whoo-hoo!

Congratulations! Hopefully we start hearing about some OOS wait listers like me and many others getting off the list too.

JUST GOT IN! interviewed 3/3 OOS got a call yesteday morning gthat they sent me the wrong letter...they sent me a waitlist one but on the phone informed me that I actually got accepted!!...WHOOO!

I was put on the waitlist, then a week later was admitted. Am an out of state applicant who interviewed in late February.

Hey. I was selected to interview for the BS/MD program with Shepherd University. Is there a reason why it is so late in the college application process (for high school seniors), and do they expect me to commit with Shepherd if it is this late in the process? Thanks.

Hey. I was selected to interview for the BS/MD program with Shepherd University. Is there a reason why it is so late in the college application process (for high school seniors), and do they expect me to commit with Shepherd if it is this late in the process? Thanks.

Hey I'm in that program! MedSTEP...yeahhh lol...

It is really a great program and Shepherd is a great school. I amfrom MD and took the risk of applying somewhere else (ie UMD) thereby foregoing my auto-acceptance to WVU...this is before I realized how hard it is to get into medical school....LUCKILY I just had a good regular-non early-decision interview and got in...PHEW...so much off my chest...MY ADVICE:

I got in the program and chose to apply elsewhere and it almost came around to bite me in the butt...so I suggest if u get in now...take it...and go to WVU...good school...right next to the football stadium!!...I can't stress it enough...DO IT!

Did they just notify you today? Email or snail mail? I was waitlisted OOS late last year, and haven't heard a peep since late January. Sheesh.

No, it's been ~2weeks. I just got done jetsetting around the eastern seaboard for interviews and can now post again. Yay... It was snail-mail though. I'm sincerely hoping they take my Crimson Tide fandom into account as we are just as crazy at Mountaineers haha.

No, it's been ~2weeks. I just got done jetsetting around the eastern seaboard for interviews and can now post again. Yay... It was snail-mail though. I'm sincerely hoping they take my Crimson Tide fandom into account as we are just as crazy at Mountaineers haha.

Interesting...I didn't know they sent waitlist notifications through snail-mail as I've only gotten them by email. Does anyone know if it means something different? I'm also OOS..

Interesting...I didn't know they sent waitlist notifications through snail-mail as I've only gotten them by email. Does anyone know if it means something different? I'm also OOS..

OOS. This year I received a snail mail letter saying I have been waitlisted. Last year I received an email at several points saying I was waitlisted

All quiet on the WVU front. I don't believe I have gotten a wait list email reminder since late January.

Hey all,

I was accepted to WVU back in December and have narrowed my selection down to here and OSU. I will make a final decision within a week of receiving financial aid information, so I will know whether I am going here or to OSU by the third week of April, if the schools stay on schedule. As school gets closer, it's occurred to me that if I do end up going to WVU, I'll need roommates, and quite frankly I don't know where else to meet them since I haven't heard anything about a second look weekend. What I'm looking to get into is a house or large apartment somewhere near campus. I come from a big family and spent all college as an RA living on a floor with 30 other people, so the prospect of getting a single or double apartment doesn't really suit me. I've looked into a few houses and apartments, but what I plan is for a house/apartment that can hold 4-6 people. If you would be interested in this kind of living arrangement, or know others going there who would, please contact me at [email protected] so we can discuss particulars, etc.

Thanks!
Brad

All quiet on the WVU front. I don't believe I have gotten a wait list email reminder since late January.

Same with me! I figured I would at least get some sort of an update (even if it said I'm still waitlisted).

TCMC is my top choice but seeing as how WVU is a good school and only 40 minutes from my house it's a close second. :laugh:

Same with me! I figured I would at least get some sort of an update (even if it said I'm still waitlisted).

TCMC is my top choice but seeing as how WVU is a good school and only 40 minutes from my house it's a close second. :laugh:

Yeah, TCMC is my top now, even though I have two other places as well. I love that its all new (and its cheaper than others which is a huge factor). They'll really HAVE to help us with residencies and such, so I'm not particularly worried about that with TCMC. Just waiting on WVU for the same reasons, its prettttttty close to me.

I'm surprised no one has commented on the e-mail sent out yesterday. Looks like WVU will start to send rejection letters to those on the low end of the waitlist. Also, May 15th is the day everyone with more than one acceptance has to turn down all offers but one, at which point schools will start accepting people off the waitlist to keep the class filled.

I'm surprised no one has commented on the e-mail sent out yesterday. Looks like WVU will start to send rejection letters to those on the low end of the waitlist. Also, May 15th is the day everyone with more than one acceptance has to turn down all offers but one, at which point schools will start accepting people off the waitlist to keep the class filled.

Yeah I saw that. Guess we will be waiting then.

Yeah let's hope that people start turning down acceptances sooner than May 15 though! Ha ha.

This email confused me. For one, has any actually been rejected from the school yet? And since they said they are knocking down the waitlist at the end of May, I assume no more acceptances will come out until then?

Status
Not open for further replies.