Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is a bit old fashioned.
The first school is $160. Each school after that is another $20, I believe.So this is a really dumb question, but I'm not sure at all.
When I first submit AMCAS then with the fee of $160, that includes ONE school, right? In other words, if I submit AMCAS with a medical school, would I be able to submit my letters of recommendation when I turn in my secondaries (i.e. AMCAS would be verified by that time?)? Or should they be in before AMCAS becomes verified (so about two-three weeks after my submission)?
I guess I'm just not sure because I read somewhere that AMCAS isn't verified if the letters of recommendation that you planned to include aren't sent in by the time you submit the application? Maybe I read it wrong... I know I can add additional LORs, which doesn't affect verification though.
Thanks all! AMCAS is such a pain.. If this is too rudimentary, feel free to refer me to a page in AMCAS Manual. I haven't had a chance to read the whole thing yet (only part about transcript so far).
Last edited:



Also, Silverfalcon, many people who go to bigger name undergraduate institutions got there by doing very well on the ACT/SAT. I can't imagine attending college making one worse at taking standardized tests. For instance, I've been told that the average MCAT score of former/current Harvard undergraduates is a 36. I tried to find some sort of table in the interwebz relating undergraduate institution with average MCAT score but was bogged down with all the medical schools and average MCATs.