You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2011-2012 Eastern Virginia Medical School Application Thread
Started by Sammich117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
IS interview invite today! Can't wait till Sept 9!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How long after your app was complete did you all hear about interviews?
How long after your app was complete did you all hear about interviews?
I was complete 8/4 and got an email about it around 11 today.
I was complete 8/4 and got an email about it around 11 today.
Thanks! and Congrats!
I was complete 8/4 and got an email about it around 11 today.
I was complete july 14 and nothing 🙁
Sorry if this was asked, but how long after everyone was verified did they get their secondary?
I was verified early June, but I didn't add EVMS until a week or so ago, so I'm hoping I've passed the screen!
I was verified early June, but I didn't add EVMS until a week or so ago, so I'm hoping I've passed the screen!

Sorry if this was asked, but how long after everyone was verified did they get their secondary?
I was verified early June, but I didn't add EVMS until a week or so ago, so I'm hoping I've passed the screen!![]()
I was verified 6/30 and I received the secondary on 7/19.
interview invite!
OOS
OOS
Last edited:
Edit: I guess I will just go with my initial reasoning (I like the community-oriented focus of the med school). Little disappointed that there is not research component, though. I guess I could pursue something in the summer.
Last edited:
just got the rej. e-mail... first one! lol
Not really man, I think I might have been the first lol...
Congrats to all that have completed their apps, and gotten interview invites! That is so crazy exciting!!! 😀
I have good news to report from my earlier posts... I was able to contact them over email, and my rejection was rescinded pending my MCAT score to be reported... Then we'll see if I get my secondary...
Thanks!
I have good news to report from my earlier posts... I was able to contact them over email, and my rejection was rescinded pending my MCAT score to be reported... Then we'll see if I get my secondary...
Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i have good news to report from my earlier posts... I was able to contact them over email, and my rejection was rescinded pending my mcat score to be reported... Then we'll see if i get my secondary...
Thanks!
+1000!
Invite today. thinking sept 16 or 30th
congrats! when were you complete? I have been complete since july 18 and have yet to hear anything
OOS, got my completion email the 16th of Augcongrats! when were you complete? I have been complete since july 18 and have yet to hear anything
Interview invite by email today. 🙂 First one!
For those who got an Interview invite, when were you complete?
For those who got an Interview invite, when were you complete?
I was complete July 25.
For those who got an Interview invite, when were you complete?
secondary submitted 7/19 interview invite this morning!
scheduled for sept 28th🙂
secondary submitted 7/19 interview invite this morning!
scheduled for sept 28th🙂
I scheduled for the 28th as well. See you there!
IS interview invite today! September 30th.. Secondary was complete July 22nd.
I just received the OOS secondary and I applied way back in July. I would love an interview here!
Quick question about the secondary. What are you guys putting for the prereqs if a lab was included in the lecture. My chem class was a combined lecture/lab for 4 credits. EVMS secondary wants EVERY prereq filled out.
Quick question about the secondary. What are you guys putting for the prereqs if a lab was included in the lecture. My chem class was a combined lecture/lab for 4 credits. EVMS secondary wants EVERY prereq filled out.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You are supposed to enter the lab separately as 1 credit (enter same course number and grade for both lecture and lab). So in your case you would assign 3 credits to the chem lecture and 1 credit to chem lab
Okay great that makes sense. What about a 2 credit, 1 semester ochem lab. What would I put for the second semester?
Your school did not require 2 semesters of Ochem lab? In that case I think you should call EVMS and ask what to do. The previous answer I gave you was what they told me when I called them with the same problem.
Yeah I'll definitely do that. Thanks for the help though. My school required the normal 2 credits for ochem but it was shoved into 1 semester so the lab was super long.
Yeah I'll definitely do that. Thanks for the help though. My school required the normal 2 credits for ochem but it was shoved into 1 semester so the lab was super long.
Look at page 4 of this thread, including my post here:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=11464018&postcount=196
I'm in the same situation as you. 2 cr, 1 sem ochem lab. I put the same course for both semesters, seems to be ok.
.
Last edited:
I know this has been covered in the thread as I have read all the posts; however, I still do not think the character limits have been made clear. There are contradictory posts stating different limits (i.e. 500, 2000, ect.). I am trying to get a head start on this secondary as I haven't received it yet from EVMS.
What is the character limit for EACH of the essay prompts?
Thanks! 🙂
2000 characters. Fact
anyone else interviewing there this week? its my first one and I'm super nervous!!
Does anyone know about any special programs that EVMS has? Are there any current EVMS students out there who wouldn't mind sharing their thoughts on the school?
I cant access evms.edu and thus I have nothing concrete to write for why EVMS...................also, what did people do to enter quarter system pre-reqs?
I'm interviewing on September 21st. Does anyone want to share a hotel room?
OOS Interview! 🙂
Nice man! You are on fire with this application cycle.
OOS Interview! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nice man! You are on fire with this application cycle.
If only NBA Jam rules applied 😛.
Haha, thanks, though!
Had my interview yesterday - EVMS was even more awesome that I was expecting! Everyone was so nice and welcoming! I just hoped they liked me as much as I liked them 🙂
Interview invite today. OOS. First MD invite. Nice.
OOS II today 🙂 Complete Friday so I'm surprised!
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K