2011-2012 Medical College of Wisconsin Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I called the admissions office last week to ask when the next round of offers would happen. The person I talked to said that the class was "currently filled" and only a few offers were made a week or so ago. She also seemed vague and evasive about when more offers were coming out. Has anyone in the first quartile heard anything recently? Could the cycle already be over?

That's funny because when I called the admissions office last week they were reluctant to reveal any information. The person I spoke with said that they make offers based on withdrawals and that she has no idea when more offers will be made or how many were previously made. Judging by last year's thread, it seems like several offers were given out by early to mid June which is kind of making me a bit nervous for the little progress we see now. Hopefully we see some movement soon!

Members don't see this ad.

I've been freaking about about this whole transition lately, but seeing their Class of 2012 Match list has awed me. Its pretty damn impressive. Now I'm more excited than nervous- but definitely still nervous!

Those of you on the waitlist, hang in there! :luck:

has anybody heard of much movement on the wait list? I started off as 1st quartile, but I'm pretty worried about my chances now.

Members don't see this ad :)
has anybody heard of much movement on the wait list? I started off as 1st quartile, but I'm pretty worried about my chances now.
I heard that they had enough movement for some second quartilers (unfortunately not me, wahh) to move into the first quartile. I would bet they're getting really really close to you. hang in there!

yeah...im in the same situation as you are...began in the first quartile but havent heard a thing...I really hope they can get through at least the entire first quartile this year. hang in there! I believe we both will get called :) btw, did you send in your credit report yet?

yeah...im in the same situation as you are...began in the first quartile but havent heard a thing...I really hope they can get through at least the entire first quartile this year. hang in there! I believe we both will get called :) btw, did you send in your credit report yet?

yea I sent them in a couple of weeks ago. did you?

I read some of the previous posts and as far as I know there's been really little movement this year on the wait list, let's hope that it's just a calm before the storm!

I also creeped on last year's thread and they had people from the second quartile accepted by the end, but we can only wait and see. Best of luck! :xf:

Hey waitlisters, I called the office yesterday afternoon and was told that no offers will be made this week bc jenn Haluzak is out of the office. Hang tight for the week guys!

Hi all,

I'm moving out of my apartment at Serafino Square at the end of June to move in with my girlfriend. I'm trying to move out a month early and hope I can find someone who can take it July 1.

It is a one bedroom apartment. My rent this year is 865, not sure if they want to change it. Heat is not included. I can check my electric bill when I get home tonight, but I think the total average throughout the year is less than 100 a month (the price Serafino charges for an apartment with heat included), but then again it was a mild winter this year.

Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/LWgn3. I can take more if requested.

Pros:
On the top floor of the building (3rd) looking out over a golf course. It's a great view and you have total privacy.
Pool
Gym
BBQ
Underground heated parking
Maintenance on-site
Just a generally quiet, nice complex
10 min drive to school, or 10 min bike ride to school by cutting through the golf course/park

Cons:
A train is nearby and is pretty loud when it goes by. I can't leave my bedroom window open at night because of this.
Price
Coin laundry down the hall (ie no machine in the unit)
Hallway smells kind of bad sometimes. I think someone down the hall smokes.

I think it is a great place and would absolutely stay here for the four years if my circumstances were different. The contact for the apartment is Nancy Gillingham (ngillinghan-at-serafinosquare.com; 414-771-4918). Ask for room 304 in bldg 9991. PM me if you have any questions.

yea I sent them in a couple of weeks ago. did you?

I read some of the previous posts and as far as I know there's been really little movement this year on the wait list, let's hope that it's just a calm before the storm!

I also creeped on last year's thread and they had people from the second quartile accepted by the end, but we can only wait and see. Best of luck! :xf:
yeah, I sent it in too. but the credit report technically will not be due until we are offered a position. but anyway...have you heard any movement on the wait list? cuz I started as first quartile every time i call the office they will just tell me the same thing "you are still in the first qrt"... but im just trying to get a rough idea about how many offers have been made, so that we could have a better idea about our situation...but again, the office is so secretive about it. so im just wondering if you have heard anything...
thx!
best of luck to all of us!

yeah, I sent it in too. but the credit report technically will not be due until we are offered a position. but anyway...have you heard any movement on the wait list? cuz I started as first quartile every time i call the office they will just tell me the same thing “you are still in the first qrt"... but im just trying to get a rough idea about how many offers have been made, so that we could have a better idea about our situation...but again, the office is so secretive about it. so im just wondering if you have heard anything...
thx!
best of luck to all of us!

I haven't heard of any movement on the wait list recently. I too started in the first quartile but that's all the MCW's staff will tell me. I know it's different from year to year, but in last year's thread several people in the first quartile were offered acceptances around early-mid June. I hope we're not stuck in a stand still. I guess we have to wait till next week to see.

anyone heard any movement on the wait list? I heard that Jen Haluzak was out of office last week so the office couldn't make any offers last week. I started in the first quartile.....anyone on the second quartile got moved up??
Thanks alot!
Best of luck to all of us!

anyone heard any movement on the wait list? I heard that Jen Haluzak was out of office last week so the office couldn't make any offers last week. I started in the first quartile.....anyone on the second quartile got moved up??
Thanks alot!
Best of luck to all of us!
I called today and was told nothing had changed since last week. I started in the second quartile and am still there. basically out of hope at this point in the game, bring on the 2012-2013 cycle!

Members don't see this ad :)
i just called the office too... they said the director has been out of office and is still out of office. they said they will start making offers middle of next week and there has not been too many withdrawals...so...i don't know, i really hope it can keep moving....

i just called the office too... they said the director has been out of office and is still out of office. they said they will start making offers middle of next week and there has not been too many withdrawals...so...i don't know, i really hope it can keep moving....
ugh. ugh. ugh.

hey so they really specified middle of next week? did they hint that they have opened some seats for offer?

hey so they really specified middle of next week? did they hint that they have opened some seats for offer?
well he said that the office said there had been "not many" withdrawals. sad. but that must mean at least a few, if you're in the first quartile boom boom you have a chance :)

well he said that the office said there had been "not many" withdrawals. sad. but that must mean at least a few, if you're in the first quartile boom boom you have a chance :)

thanks for the kind words 1289. we can only hope at this point :)

Just withdrew my acceptance. I hope it goes to one of you lucky few. MCW is a phenomenal, phenomenal school. Milwaukee is great, and the teachers and staff are amazing. Make the most of it guys!

I feel there has been barely any movement on this wait list, kind of frustrating. This waiting game stinks

yeah I hear that. I was expecting them to have a lot, esp since they had 2 interview dates for wait list only spots. I guess they can't predict what will happen either

Ya true story. I guess they kind of get your hopes up when they say they usually pull 40-50 people from their wait list for the entering class.

Any acceptances or news since the withdraws last week? Seems as though something should be happening soon . . .

Any acceptances or news since the withdraws last week? Seems as though something should be happening soon . . .
The Director is still out of the office, according to my phone call 2 days ago

Well I was finally rejected today (pooled but never got an II). It only took them a year and 1 week to review my app...

Just called admissions and they said the class is currently full (I did not talk to Jennifer). When I asked about offers being made she stated that they will pull people off the WL as spots open up. At this point in the game guys, it seems like almost everyone is settled into their desired school.

I just withdrew this morning! I was offered a position off the waitlist for another school much closer to home, although it was a really difficult decision. Best of luck to those on the waitlist!

I just withdrew this morning! I was offered a position off the waitlist for another school much closer to home, although it was a really difficult decision. Best of luck to those on the waitlist!
wooooo!

I am in the pool. Does anyone want to play Marco Polo with me until interviews come out?

The ladies are preferred!
wrong thread bro. we've been out of the pool for months. let me tell you, you're gonna get pruney real quick.

Last edited:
Accepted today. Interviewed for the wait-list position. Does anyone have any information about how to find a good living situation?

dang what a disappointing year for wait listers :(

I just withdrew my seat earlier today. Good luck to those of you on the waitlist!

Anyone received a deferral offer to MCW yet? Anyone know if they ever offer those to people that have been accepted elsewhere or are those people automatically excluded from that offer?

Status
Not open for further replies.